1 2 3 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 7:29 PM by V3LKRO RSS

K/D vs W/L

Even its "just a number" , the KD is the only stat that can tell how good are you, this si coming from a guy over 10 years playing FPS games.

The W/L ratio does not say anything about the player, 30% of the losses of somebody in MW3 its because they "Join in progress" in soooo many games thats gives you and Insta-lose, im pretty much a lonewolf so you can imagine in how many crappy teams im dropped in this game, not to mention i ALWAYS have the luck to be in the team where a "guest" account is. (If you know what i mean)

Keep jumping in a flag to get a high score, does not make you a better player only because you are on top. in ALL the FPS can be measure by not the amount of kills, is the amount of deaths what it count.

Size matters? YES! all the people says no, is the people got a SMALL ......   KD  

• 1. Re: K/D vs W/L

30% seems a little high unless you constantly back out of lobbies after you do bad. I would say about 5 to 10 percent would be a good number for me.

An accurate measurement of skill would take into consideration your w/l and k/d.

• 2. Re: K/D vs W/L

In this game I don't think either one is accurate as long as there are inconsistencies in connection, hit registration and match making. So I rarely look at mine or anyone elses stats.

• 3. Re: K/D vs W/L

I agree that lag sometime does get you killed ever once in a while, but if it is affecting you, it is more than likely affecting everyone else as well as you so stats are still relevant.

• 4. Re: K/D vs W/L
    r8edtripx

V3LKRO wrote:

Even its "just a number" , the KD is the only stat that can tell how good are you, this si coming from a guy over 10 years playing FPS games.

The W/L ratio does not say anything about the player, 30% of the losses of somebody in MW3 its because they "Join in progress" in soooo many games thats gives you and Insta-lose, im pretty much a lonewolf so you can imagine in how many crappy teams im dropped in this game, not to mention i ALWAYS have the luck to be in the team where a "guest" account is. (If you know what i mean)

Keep jumping in a flag to get a high score, does not make you a better player only because you are on top. in ALL the FPS can be measure by not the amount of kills, is the amount of deaths what it count.

Size matters? YES! all the people says no, is the people got a SMALL ......   KD  

Depending on the game-type, K/D may or not mean very much, but I really couldn't care less about Winn/Loss. There are certain maps I just can't stand, and I am more than happy to back out of these maps and take a loss. (Not to mention the reasons you've given)

Oh yeah, and especially in MW3, when I do back out of a map like "Liberation" and then I try to get get into a different lobby, I'll keep getting thrown into the same match and I'll have to take as many as 3 losses in a row as I back out. Lol. Good thing I don't care about W/L, right?

• 5. Re: K/D vs W/L
    ap0stl3

in my opinion, k/d only matters in TDM, and sometimes, not even then.  If you play TDM, and you go 5-0 and your team loses, technically, if everyone else died a couple times, you have the highest k/d ratio (if you die zero times, your k/d is technically infinity).  However, I wouldn't say that means you are the best.  You basically camped the whole game to have the best k/d but didn't help your team.

In any other gametype, k/d only matters if you win.  In objective gametypes, like domination, I would much rather go 40-40 but have 6 caps and 6 defends and win the game rather than go 40-0 with zero defends and caps and lose the game.  Usually, when I look at a player, I only think they are good if I see a high k/d accompanied by a decent w/l.  If your w/l is under 1, I don't care how high your k/d is, you're not very good.

• 6. Re: K/D vs W/L

ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE WRONG. LOOK UP KYR SP33DY AND YOU'LL SEE WHY.

• 7. Re: K/D vs W/L
    ap0stl3

ok, on rare occassions, gamers like speedy exist.  But during games, you can usually tell if the enemy players are messing around or if they are legitimately trying but still doing horrible.

• 8. Re: K/D vs W/L

I can see what your saying.  But I can't believe my own stats either as far as win loss. I can join a losing game, take the loss and while sitting in the lobby get migrated right into another losing game. 

• 9. Re: K/D vs W/L

W/l ratio in my opinion doesn't mean anything, because some people like me also play lonewolf all the time which makes harder to get both of the kds up although i have to say that for me k/d means alot because thats the only way i can tell someone is decent/bad or just having luck..

1 2 3 Previous Next