1 2 3 4 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 7:29 PM by V3LKRO Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: K/D vs W/L
    ap0stl3

I sort of agree.  But I think that even if you play by yourself, you should be able to hold above a 1.0 w/l if you are decent.  So if I see someone with below a 1.0 w/l but a high k/d, I assume they either camp very hard in TDM or don't play the obj whatsoever in objective gametypes.

• 11. Re: K/D vs W/L
    bubbacake

KDR is a pointless stat, because anyone is capable of going 30-1 every game if they play a certain way.

You can't judge someone based on their ability to stay alive.

I couldn't care less if the person capping the flag or trying to plant the bomb has a terrible K/D. If he's playing the hell out of the objective, he's a winner in my book.

• 12. Re: K/D vs W/L
    ap0stl3

And I agree with that.  Although if someone goes 30-1 every game, at least in TDM, you can't deny they have a good amount of skill. 

• 13. Re: K/D vs W/L
    ap0stl3

Like I said, k/d only matters if you win, as in you can only brag about your k/d in objective gametypes if you win.  If you lose but go 30-1 in dom, with no caps/defends, you have no right to brag about how good you did  But you're right, it's more about playing the objective than kills/deaths.

• 14. Re: K/D vs W/L
    rainmaker6

ap0stl3 wrote:

in my opinion, k/d only matters in TDM, and sometimes, not even then.  If you play TDM, and you go 5-0 and your team loses, technically, if everyone else died a couple times, you have the highest k/d ratio (if you die zero times, your k/d is technically infinity).  However, I wouldn't say that means you are the best.  You basically camped the whole game to have the best k/d but didn't help your team.

I would agree. You actually have to have an impact on the game. So k/d alone is meaningless even in TDM. In TDM k/d, average amount of kills and w/l combined must be taken into consideration. And if you play with a group your k/d and w/l should be better than somone who plays alone, provided your teammates are decent players. Because when you are teamed with randoms that consistantly go 1-15, 3 -14 etc etc you are going to lose no matter what you do. 

• 15. Re: K/D vs W/L

Both are just numbers.

• 16. Re: K/D vs W/L

both doesnt matter, cause cod sucks anyway

• 17. Re: K/D vs W/L

K/D is just a statistic that's worshiped by the arrogant in an attempt to better their gaming experience. While that's fine to an extent, with my expereince of 3.0 K/D+ players and their tendencies to disconnected due to transmission error (dashboard), I don't see any other significance of someones K/D.

W/L is an even more dubious indicator of skill. I mean just jump into a public infected lobby and AFK there; you almost always win, the time inbetween matches are a mere 15 seconds and you won't get kicked for inactivity because you spawn automatically.

Umong other things, I personally value someone who plays the objective well and/or can troll stalk an enemy player like a boss.

• 18. Re: K/D vs W/L
    WNSA

Then get off the forums.

• 19. Re: K/D vs W/L
    trialstardragon

KD is not indicative if you are a good player anymore than w/l. K/D in this game can be easily manipulated to where that stat means nothing. So to try and claim it is the all important stat that determines if a players is good or not especially in a CoD game means you really know a lot less about the game than you think or claim.

Every stat in this game can be manipulated if a player wants to to make them self seem better or worse and its not hard to do it either.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next