19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 8:43 PM by markocc RSS

Do you have any expectations for the next Call of Duty game?

bubbacake

I'm not going to say that I won't be buying the next Call of Duty game. I know a lot of people have been screaming that they are done, but I don't really know if I am. I'm on the fence. I am getting bored of Call of Duty right now, but then again, Treyarch does at least have me interested in what they are doing, something that never happened with MW3, so I'll take that as a sign. David Vonderhaar is doing a good job interacting w/ the community, so I'll also take that as a good sign.

However, I'm still wary. I know better than to listen to "Black Ops 2 multiplayer info leaked!" As far as I know, anything that's been told about Black Ops 2 (assuming that it's the next game) is false. I would also recommend that you ignore anything like this as well, since we don't know anything about the next Call of Duty game, just rumors.

But I digress. As I said, Treyarch has me at least a bit interested in what they are doing, but that's not a guarantee that anything will happen. Nothing may happen.

If the next Call of Duty game turns out to be actually good (and it has to be $60 worth to even get a wink from me) I might be interested, but I don't really expect much to change. The franchise is at a stalemate and for me it has become unacceptable.

To readers, do you expect anything new and fresh from the next Call of Duty game, and if so, will you be investing in it?