20 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 3:42 PM by machine650 RSS

TACITUS

fatedtitan
  • Re: TACITUS

CNCTWKW Kane with Tacitus and new spiffy violet threads.png

youtubedude

I did research into the websites history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irj-nCjyvHg

matuzz

Good job you have found a random website, want a cookie?

Woodysgamertag does a great analysis of the FPSRussia video, but didn't touch on TACITUS a lot.  He pointed out an odd gun on the table and made some speculation as to what it could be.  I think we will find out as time goes on and they declassify some more of the windows on the COD page.

Anyone can Google TACITUS and find pics like the one above or learn about the first century Roman writer who wrote about Nero and the first Christians.  Maybe TACITUS is an anagram of another new item from the next COD title; TAC SUIT or something.  Why not? The quad rotor in the video is mentioned as being another decade or so into the future.  A TAC SUIT which could render a person less visible could be an interesting new addition to the game and I know it is something many governments have been working on for ages.  Near future warfare could definitely include something of the sort.

Time will tell, but speculation is fun.

dstr001

FPSrussia already stated that website has nothing to do with the viral; ignore it, it has been debunked.

So far, CharlieINTEL has found that "TACITUS" relates to a roman who seen an eclipse of the sun, going back to what was shown in Gamestop in their marketing material.

rankismet

dstr001 wrote:

FPSrussia already stated that website has nothing to do with the viral; ignore it, it has been debunked.

So far, CharlieINTEL has found that "TACITUS" relates to a roman who seen an eclipse of the sun, going back to what was shown in Gamestop in their marketing material.

It 100% has something to do with BO2...

maccabi

rankismet wrote:

dstr001 wrote:

what Ran said ..but probably as he saw what i wrote on twitter.:P

rankismet

maccabi wrote:

rankismet wrote:

dstr001 wrote:

what Ran said ..but probably as he saw what i wrote on twitter.:P

No true, silly, Macc.

maccabi

anyhoos.. i posted a revisewd version on twitter as i cant get twitlonger to work..

so sent what i had to charlieintel.. which basically said

earlier the image on tacitus.com changed briefly showing a email address and the text changed to remove the word game design.. I noticed that and did alittle interwebz snooping today.

the tacitus website is run by a company called sapient http://www.sapient.com/  , sapient handle alot of pre launch and post launch marketing for call of duty remember the jeep promotions for mw3 that was sapient (although one of its off shoots called sapient nitro

Sapient also got the contract from activison to handle all its skylanders and mw3 internet marketing

linky to a press release if you need it

http://adage.com/art...al-work/228634/

So basically whatever that tacitus website is .. it IS linked to call of duty and activision as its run by the company who does there internet marketing ..bit of a coincidence dontcha think?

reaper2792

Command and Conquer: Red Alert were the good http://springfiles.com/sites/default/files/images/games/strategy/real-time-strategy/red_alert_fighting.jpgol days.

matuzz

Even in the website it reads it has nothing to do with Black Ops 2, but hey be my guest and keep wasting your time. And that reminds me I need to go to Wasted a moment thread.