44 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 6:57 PM by WAWpro RSS

Wiiu needs to have new headset!

STOCKTON

Man I'm tired of these gay,cheap,and wired mic's the wiiu better come out with a good mic because how am I gunna talk to my friends when I play online!

• Re: Wiiu needs to have new headset!
    McZOMBI

I'm almost 100% it will have but I've no idea why you're posting this here. A Nintendo forum might be a better place for Wii U concerns.

sovietcookie

This is my 4th headset, it is pretty cheap.

Ok:

First, what's wrong with the grammar nowadays?

Second, I find it funny how immature people use "gay", a word for describing someone's sexual preference, as a negative adjective.

Third, apart from that, I can't disagree about a new mic (not that I use one anyway).

josh1073

Why is there always a grammar troll? Life is not all about grammar. You understand what his point,idea,view is so comment on that don't jump to the troll post.

iy meen weer hear 4 da same reson blud, 2 blab bout cod nd sheer ideas you feel me homie?

I like grammar. Everyone likes grammar, it makes everything easier. Now let me ask you, why is there always more grammar noobs than people that use it correctly? If you ask me, I honestly didn't understand a word you said in your mock-up of a badly spelled sentence. I don't care what anyone says, the grammar IS being butchered worse each day, and if it keeps going it'll come to the point where just a "select" group of people will understand.

josh1073

Well if you could not understand the first paragraph you need to go back to college are take english because other people understood it just fine.

If you are regarding to the blatantly obvious attempt at a piss take of people who can't lay a sentence without including numbers and spelling like a chav well.....

First, I never said I didn't understand it.

Second:

josh1073 wrote:

If you are regarding to the blatantly obvious attempt at a piss take of people who can't lay a sentence without including numbers and spelling like a chav well.....

What?

sovietcookie

Grammar is key.

It helps you understand the difference between

Your sh*t

You're sh*t

(My bad)

porkins:d

I don't necessarily agree with calling out bad grammar, but don't tell me that it isn't important, which is pretty much what you're saying. The more you use and see good grammar, the more likely you are to use it in real life. If you talk like an idiot in real life, people will think you're an idiot. Practice using good grammar and spelling on the Internet will only help you. Good grammar hurts nobody.

josh1073

Could you point me to the part in my first post were i say "grammar is not important" i just can not find were i said that. Never once have i said grammar is bad, i just fail to see why people get so uptight about how someone lays down there words.

If you understand what his/her point of view,idea,conversation is why do you feel the need to point out the flaws in his post? if grammar is that in high regard and importance to you study it and become a english teacher.

I*, cannot*, space after comma*, An* english teacher.

If people fail to express their words in a right way, they'll be seen as the town's goof everytime. I mean, who likes someone that says: "Man I'm tired of these gay,cheap, adn wired mic's the wiiu better come out with a good mic because how am I gunna talk to my friends when I play online!"?

You seriously don't find that annoying?

josh1073

You really think people will be seen as a goof because of spelling? The movie "The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen" the person who built that car cannot read,wright yet he can build a beautiful car and is a self made millionaire goofs do not become self made millionaires.

I honestly feel you are taking grammar to heart,it is important yes but not to the point and degree you express "If people fail to express their words in a right way, they'll be seen as the town's goof everytime." i will not defend his use of insult to gay people tho.

It seems you don't see the importance of good grammar. I realise you didn't say it word for word, but at the same time you don't seem to fully understand why grammar is important. I do think it's necessary to point out the flaws, but this new generation doesn't seem to understand the need to know their own language. That is what causes people to point it out because if nobody was a grammar Nazi then everybody would talk with abbreviations as if letters costed money.

I approve of good grammar, but I don't necessarily approve pointing out bad grammar. I'll make that point again. I understand that there are legitimate reasons for bad grammar such as English not being their primary language or mental disabilities. So I don't correct bad grammar because I think it would just be the worst thing to do to somebody who has a mental disability. If you don't have legitimate reasons then you should use good grammar. There are punctuation and correct spelling for a reason, and that is so we can all understand what we are all saying. Commas I can excuse, but at least use periods.

Just for the record I don't think the OP had horrific grammar. I have seen much worse.

josh1073

If i were you i really would stop assuming, i do understand good grammar just because i do not see the need to use it every sentence and police forums like a unofficial grammar cop.

Like i stated before if you are so concerned with today's grammar skill go to university study grammar,english ect... and apply for a job as a english teacher. People will use the correct grammar if they want no enforcer will change that. You have no idea for a person misspelling we all have are short coming im shaw you wouldn't like someone to keep badgering you on yours.

I wonder if you can read let me use caps so it will stick out.

I DO NOT SUPPORT CORRECTING GRAMMAR, BUT I SUPPORT THE USE OF GOOD GRAMMAR.

I am in no way assuming anything. Grammar is important in every aspect of life if you don't want to look or sound like an idiot. I am not badgering you or anyone else's short comings, but if you don't have a reason for bad grammar then you look like an idiot, and I can't take you seriously on a forum. Simple as that, there is no real reason to butcher our language, do why do it?

josh1073

Nope i am completely illiterate. You say you assume nothing but did you or did you not assume i do not understand the importance of grammar? My point was you said yourself you point out bad grammar hence why i said badgering.

Imagine if you had difficulties with spelling,grammar and people like yourself feel the need to point out his/her short comings worry about your grammar.

Grammar patrolling is just another way to bully.

"Life is not all about grammar"

Not assuming, you said it yourself.

"I do think it's necessary to point out the flaws"

I didn't say I point out the flaws. At the same time I don't frown upon others doing it. Grammar is important so you don't sound stupid. To me it is the equivalence of your parent telling you not to talk in the third person when you're a kid.

Grammar and spelling aren't a shortcoming either. I gave the two cases where bad grammar is excusable. You learn grammar and spelling every day at school. From about the first grade even up until college. If you've taken all those years of grammar and spelling then you can at least spell correctly and form simple sentences. It's a matter of not trying and laziness. Also with auto correct, spell check, and right clicking, there is no excuse for bad spelling. Only time it is excusable if someone is in a rush, and that is very rarely the case.

infinitlag

josh1073 wrote:

Why is there always a grammar troll? Life is not all about grammar.

don't jump to the troll post.

Grammar is a part of life. Do official support lines reply to you

" sory for prob, i fix it asap"

It shows an uneducated person from a well educated professional.

STOCKTON, please read & re-read luigifan's reply above, then consider editing your original post... please pay special attention to his 2nd point.

semperfi550

No. Nintendo needs to take  page from Sony's book. The Wii U needs to compatable with ANY kind of USB/Blue Tooth headset. This one headset only crap that the Wii uses or like xbox and they're special headsets is BS.All gaming systems need to be able to use any old USB headset.

infinitlag

I would love to.

Convict7

Doesn't Wii U's controller have mic on it?

Convict7

What's up with you guys? Always getting into argues because of some really stupid things. Grammar?

Sure it's nice for people like me who don't use English as their native language, but few typos isn't that big of a deal.

nintendon't

How can a headset have a sexual preference?

Aside from all the grammar nonsense that this thread turned into, I would like to add a bit of info about the headsets, which is what the original post was about.

Yes, the headsets are cheaply built and fail easily. However, I have found that the manufacturer (PDP - Performance Designed Products) is very good about replacing them.

They do come with a 2 year warranty, and given that they started to sell them when Blops came out, every headset is within that 2 year warranty period now. If your headset doesn't work and you did not damage it (water, dog ate it, etc...) I would urge you to contact PDP to possibly have yours replaced.

When I called to report my 2 broken headsets, their customer service was great. They asked me what was wrong with it. I told them that I couldn't hear others and they can't hear me. They gave me an address to ship my broken headsets to (it costed 2$ + change), and about 12 days later, I received new, sealed-in-box MW3 edition headsets to replace my broken ones.

PDP - (800) 331-3844

I hope this helps... Also, the more of them that they must replace, the more incentive they have to come up with a better, more rugged design.

p.s. As always, be nice to the customer service guy or girl. It's not his/ her fault, and they are the one that can give you the "sweet hookups".

padiego

I hope the Wii U has better headsets, i hate this tiny little mic, it was made for 5 year olds.......hurst my ear damn it.....

infinitlag

Baaaaaaaack to the OP the WIIU DEFINATLY needs a new mic. My one broke in 2 weeks.

@santadog I didn't buy my mic from PDP because they only go to america. So I don't think that I can get a refund.

I thought that all the headbangers were made by PDP. Still, I could see how overseas there may be a different company licensed to make/sell them. You should find out who makes it and get with them. I would hope their warranty is longer than 2 weeks.

Here's something to consider and I have been saying this since before BO and I was 100% accurate. More headsets mean more sh!t talking squeakers. More insults about your moms and more being called a hacker. No one uses the headset for call outs, or in any form of strategic way. As for the thought that Nintendo might make 3 rd party equipment compatible keep dreaming. Nintendo never really learned the lessons of Apple back in the 80's. Why do you think that most of us are interfacing with this forum on other than Apple computers when clearly the Apple platform is superior? Look at the convaluted patching process that Activision has to go through to make changes to the the game. A new console doesn't mean that the patching process will be any better or that the availability of DLC will be any better. Mark my words, in a year we will be back on these forums complaining about not getting a 2nd patch after the other consoles have had 4 or 5.

As for the grammar discussion. If you don't want people to treat you like an idiot then don't post messages that include "ghetto" slang or purposely misspelled words. Maybe that is the way you talk around your friends, but please remember that this isn't the 3 rd grade lunch line. This forum is for adults and mature people to discuss COD, not a place to impose your ignorance on everyone else and expect them translate your colloquial mistakes into proper english. Basically it is just like real life. If you don't want people to treat you like an idiot then don't act like one.

Answering the original question..... You can get pro headsets for wii i.e. turtles, astros and tritions (If I spelt that wrong correct me luigi)

WAWpro

wii needs wireless headset