19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 11:50 AM by Izjar11 RSS

You Vs. the top 10 (any game mode)

Izjar11

I play mostly TDM and yesterday I joined a lobby with a dude who is ranked  7th or 8th in Team Death Match, its somewhat intimidating / exciting to go against these dude because they have put many hours on the game and have gained knowledge of the maps. I did well against the team but this one dude killed me more times than I prefer. The thing was I was searching for him, i.e I was looking for a fight!

I would state that anyone who is top 100 in any game mode plays this game probably a good 7+ hours a day to maintain that high rank.

How do you react to going against these high level players? Some people back out (I assume) others stay and fight. Let us know.

HHCOD

• Re: You Vs. the top 10 (any game mode)

I like to stick around to see how good they really are or if there is any indication they boosted to get their ranking.  It's rare that I play someone ranked in the top 500, but I find that I hold my own against most of them.  What ticks me off more is when I play someone with 1/10 my playtime and they own the map.  I've seen some first/second prestige beasts lately.

Don't worry about it too much. Ranks don't indicate ability level always, it's just play time really.

Also, there's not really any difference in the top 200. You could be ranked 1 on monday, forget to play tuesday and you'll be 200 by wednesday. It doesn't really mean anything.

wridtrvlr

I am more or less the same as you.  I am excited when they are in my lobby, I know it is going to be a good fight.  Lately I have been irritated b/c my team and I own pretty much any lobby we get into.  When we finally get up against another decent clan or decent playing rando's we have a great time.  There are plenty of times we go down to the other team but that next match you can guarantee we are fighting twice a hard as the last.  I love it when KC matched finish 65-64, there is no point if you win the match 65-20. 

Most high levels play well but I can say that I have ran into a good lot of them that are straight up shyte.  When you end up owning their a$$ then they dashboard out so they don't take a loss; those are they higher ranked punks that I can't stand. 

Izjar11

Right, that's how I feel anyone who maintains themselves in the top 10 on any game mode work at it (sad but true) with so many hours played they see it all, know the maps well, know the weapons etc. It brings the match up a notch, in other words you have to bring your A game or die trying!

whytie84

Tdm player here also.

It doesnt bother me playin high ranked players or high k/d players, I tend to stick to my gameplan and come out on top. Regardless of their skill or playtime, I like to think I'm really annoying to play against because of the way I tend to play.

It's rare that I come across many players massively higher ranked than me or my clan mates so usually the shoe is on the other foot seeing people back out cos of all the 2+ ratios and top 30k ranks.

What I tend to do, especially if I'm playing with the weaker end of my clan, is point out at the start of the match we are playing against two or three high KD players. Just so

my guys know to watch themselves.

Izjar11

I like to think the same, become the annoyance to them and get out of there comfort zone. But most of the time when dealing with higher ranked players you have to bring it! Most good players will put you down before you realize it and they don't like to be put down, so good fights almost always occur.

Izjar11

Has anyone else noticed that when you go up against some of these higher rank players and they are on the losing team they bail from the match? Why bail from a match, you get the loss anyway's?

I find myself leaving games more often than I ever did.  It's kind of a lame excuse, but I think what has happened is lag, host compensation, hit detection, etc have been so bad so often that I got used to leaving as a result.  I think a bad habit formed and now I can give whiteboy a run for his money forthe title of fastest rage quitter.

Izjar11

I have bailed from matches when the lag is extremely bad, the stop and go movements and you appear in other parts of the map without knowing. And I understand that lag for some is worse, yea I wouldn't allow it to become a habit. I try to stick around to the end even if the loss is inevitable.

But I recently went up against two dudes ranked under 300 and they both bailed the match because they were on the losing team, no lag issues, they were just getting beat. I thought it was funny.

kourtvizion

High rank = lots of time to play..

The most dangerous guys who I have come across are guys that dont prestige because they know it adds no value.  They are more concerned with gameplay not the frills of getting titles of having pretty pictures next to their name.  They like to blend in because if they stand out then no one will want to play with them.  By the time you realize that they dangerous you have already lost 3 games.  They dont go for the blow out games.  They go for consistently above average scores.  18-4 , 20-5 etc

In my humble opinion.

Izjar11

That's true, allot of those high level non prestige players are only after blood! And they do blend in and seem less harmful because of the first level 80 emblem. I don't go by emblem so much as rank in the game mode, before the game start I like to check lobby leaderboard to see who it im playing with and against. It preps me up before the match.

sexytuan

Ranks are overrated in my opinion. After 5k it is just how much you play. I am a 2.76 k/d and 5 w/l player. I will stay just to see if they're really good or just another kid who plays all day.

TDM has the worst players in my opinion(3.2 k/d) after FFA(3.6 k/d).

SheSaidNo

I went up against the number 2 guy in Team Defender.  Yeah, he beat my @ss. But he had another teammate in the room who was also in the top 1000. 

I think for a lot of these guys, to get that high up with a good W/L ratio you still have to play on a team or clan.