32 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 7:35 PM by porkins:d RSS

Why do they do this?

codcanuck

There's kind of a "standard" in CoD now: Have at least one weapon that's superior.

WaW had the MP40.

BO had the FAMAS

MW3 has the Type 95 and machine pistol akimbo.

My question is, why do they do this?! Why do the developers go to the lengths of including a variety of weapons but then have a couple that flat-out beat the competition? There is the possibility that some of these superior weapons are superior in real life (in which case, I'm fine with it), but I'm sure that's not the case with all of them.

What do you guys think?

• Re: Why do they do this?

They're scrubs too. Remember that this game was made for n00bs, so of course they had to include OP weapons. Past games were just never tested.

The ACR, M4, M14, M16 and all American guns are the best in real life, as well as in the game. The type 95 is actually a crap gun in real life, (that's what someone else on here said)

And the mp5 is one of the best smg's in the world, along with the vector from mw2.

infinitlag

This game is designed for noobs. Just think about everything which is easy to use, its everything. If something is easy to use then it should take longer to kill with. And then deathstreaks. Cod would be perfect without

1. Hackers

2. OP guns

Its good they dumped the noob tube this game though. Everyone straight from mwr will try it out and not like it so pick up machine oistols.

All 1337 snipurz use FMG9s cuz they're too cool to use anything else.

Sarcasm switch

ON          [OFF]

like2nap03

You're right.  It is.  The low health, the regenerating health, the high fire rate weapons, the maps with lots of spots to hide, the OP weapons, and the deathstreaks.  All of it put there so that anyone can pick the game up and at least get some kills.  And yet despite all the help the devs gives the average player, they still have to hack to do well.  It's so pathetic.

infinitlag

When aim assist doesn't work switch to your secondary.  - COD saying

They could fix people doing this by putting shotgun attatchment on shotguns. Don't you think thats a great idea????

infinitlag

They could start rewarding the good players (everyone here).

infinitlag

Then there would be boosters that get it then show off.

Every game has a weapon that is better, and players will gravitate towards it because it is the best choice.

It's like in real life: if an iPad is the best tablet out there, I'm not gonna switch to a crappy knockoff because the iPad is "OP."

So I can call all windows7 users Noobs

Weapon balance is impossible because of all the variations in games and players different styles of play. Games will ALWAYS have prefferential guns, and its unfair to call them noobish. In Black ops, due to the medium sized maps in the main, assault rifles were king. In MW3 due to the smaller maps SMGs are the way to go. Give us large maps, like a few other games have, and snipers are king. EVERY gun has a situation where it is king, and EVERY gun has a place in the game. The harder to use guns are put in to test the better players, the easier to use guns are put in to help the not so good players match up and complete. Remember the vast majority of players are pretty mediocre at best. And what a lot of poeple dont realise is that 95% of players dont read forums etc so have no concept of what appears to be OP or noobish. They use what they can get the best results with.

If cod just had snipers, would you buy it? Coz I wouldnt.  Theyre selling a game and want to obvioulsly sell as many copies as possible, so they have to make it balanced in that the good players dont beat up on the bad players day in out, or the bad players, the lower tierof the games ecosystem wouldnt play, or even buy the game, then the game wouldnt exist.

IMO only a few guns have slight faults, like the barrat being used as an smg for example, or the type 95 being a 1 shot kill close up, stuff like that.

The other stuff that should be up for debate like dead mans hands blast radius, stealth bomber being in support package, emp in support even, etc etc, is always going to happen, its the mchanics of the game and in some way what makes the game the amazing thing that has turned into. It gets people talking, and people keep laying. If they stopped making cod today, people would still be playing the games we have now in 10yrs!

The things they really need fixing are the lag compensation issues, matchmaking in parties, and they need to bring back the random option is map selections, and more detail on the leaderboards, like objective totals for flag caps, tags colected etc. THATS the most important stuff imvho

infinitlag

COD is not to be linked with real life.

infinitlag

That was those noobs.

And remember us standing on the hill and the sentry gun shooting at us.

infinitlag

I saw you with a riot shield so I changed straigh away.

infinitlag

It was almost a competition.

infinitlag

The best way to play is to sit in the corner with a portyable radar. - Robert Trolling

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY??????????

So what you guys think should happen is that all the guns should be exactly the same just look different? Also I agree that death streaks suck but they do serve a purpose by helping someone who is in a tough spot get a little help to turn things around. That being said I don't think that deathstreak should be able to kill in and of themselves. It should be a boost like juiced or the one that gives you extra damage. (Personally I only use juiced).

BTW not everyone on these forums are uber elite players, some of us are just average guys who like the game. We have average scores and average abilities. I didn't realize that the forums were only here for the ulitmate players to complain because some poor soul ruined their MOAB kill streak with some OP weapon. The fact of the matter is that if alot of you were actually faced with people who were as good as you say you are, then most of you would rage quit, or change to one of these OP weapons to compete. I've seen it a thousand times, people bragging about their "skillz" and then when the going gets tough. "My wii froze up!!", "I had to go eat dinner." "Those noobs were hacking", or the best one, "The fmg's are OP." as you back out of the game to save your KDR or W/L. Back in the BO days Beast and I found ourselves alone against  good teams because the rest of the crew suddenly had their wii's freeze up at the same time. Conicidently right when it looked like we might lose the game, or because someone on the other team was doing well.

Maybe instead of complaining about all this stuff you could have some respect and empathy for the guy who just got pummeled but stuck it out because at least he has a backbone and a set of balls and doesn't bail when the going gets tough.

nintendon't

Stop wearing your rose tinted glasses! That's how COD has always been.

M16 on host (puts type 95 to shame), M40A3 ACOG (1 hit to any part of the body, even a foot with stopping power), P90 off host and all of the LMGs from Reflex say hi.

McZOMBI

If this community could see so-called problems as challenges we'd all be a lot happier.