23 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 2:33 PM by r8edtripx RSS

MW3 vs Blops right now

kurt24

In the past couple weeks I have noticed that there is almost as many people playing Blops .  If I was IW I would take that as a slap in the face and do something about it.

• Re: MW3 vs Blops right now
    r3bel4eva

IMO i think that a lot of the mw3 maps could of been a tad bit better layout.  There's some good maps don't get me wrong but there's a lot of bad 1's.  That's why I almost like playing blops more than mw3

From day one of playing mw3 i knew that black ops is a better game all around. The menu system is better, you had to work to earn your perks which added to the fun. Maps are better. The game also looked a lot better. The Dec team actually tried to fix the issues in the game unlike the Dec team of this game.

I sometimes go back and have a dabble on black ops. Hated it when it came out so hardly went on it. Went back on at beginning of this year and decide to get to presige 5 as I hadn't even prestiged it and realised it is a good game, and slightly more fun than MW3 especially the maps. i think most maps are awful on MW3 the design doesn't feel right to me. Too much clutter etc, and all feel a bit samey to me.

I sometimes have a quick go on MW1 and 2 and WAW for old times sake. Spoiled a bit by hackers sometimes though.

rlbl

yeah I stopped playing them because of the hackers.

I have always believed that BLOPS is the best COD (in principal: Maps, Perk setup, Pro Perk achievement* etc...), although sometimes it was dreadfully unplayable.

But that is just my opinion...

* I hated getting Marathon Pro

maccabi

rlbl wrote:

yeah I stopped playing them because of the hackers.

I have always believed that BLOPS is the best COD (in principal: Maps, Perk setup, Pro Perk achievement* etc...), although sometimes it was dreadfully unplayable.

But that is just my opinion...

* I hated getting Marathon Pro

if you remove connection issues of both and just go on features, balance, map design ect as you mentioned blops is by far imo the best cod to date

Although I think blops is a very good game, (I don't seem to get the lag that a lot of people moan about so that could be why I enjoy it), I still think MW 1 and 2 are best slightly as those were the ones I started online gaming with.

Only got my ps3 at beginning of 2010 so am fairly new to it I suppose, but went on those two solid for 2 yrs, Got to prestige 5 and 6 respectfully then moved on to waw and blops. Couldn't get into those 2 at first but eventually enjoyed them as much as others really. waw suprised me a bit with decent maps etc. Haven't prestiged waw yet as can't get any decent games anymore so given up on it. wanted token for mw3 that's all.

On presige 5 with blops and had enough as i'm not bothered about full presige on cod games. would get bored going 10 times round or 15. Just play for fun really.

Shame about mw3 as I try to enjoy it but killstreaks and deathstreaks spoil it for me, should left it as was with mw2 I think. Too much air support etc for me. Used to be mainly about shooting people with others cod games now there's always to many heli's in air etc. Tkaes fun out of game for me

yeah i do have to agree it is a bia to always have to deal with helis and i dont run any classes with a stinger or way to take them down as i feel its a waste .. because more times then not you might get killed trying to take it down ..

xFANCY_KIWIx

This is just me but they both suck but I enjoy MW3 a lot more then i did BO at this time of the year.

andynewns

IMO Blops is the worst cod, closely followed by MW3

My main reason i beleive it is worse than MW3 is the graphics, i hated the cartoon style graphics, and especially on the PS3, some of the maps were far too dark.

Both games have good maps and bad maps

Both games have terrible Lag

Weapon in MW3 are better

Snipers were about as useful as a chocolate teapot in Blops

Gun game etc were better in Blops

Hated the emblem maker, personally i don't want to see pictures of Penis while playing games

Black Ops was a good game that was just poorly ported to the PS3 so it didn't run very well.  Vahn acknowledged this as much as he can and I hope (pray) that this time around the PS3 will get more attention - we deserve it after buying 11 million copies of MW3.

I liked the maps of Black Ops much better, but I prefer the faster pace and stronger guns in MW3.  Guns in Black Ops always felt weak.

Only thing in blops that was/is better than mw3 is the zombies mode.

Since last November I've only played MW3.  I'm average, maybe below average even but I like FPS games and this was meant to be the latest and greatest.  I'm Prestige 11... just last night, but it was hard going for the last week or two.

For the last couple of weeks, all of a sudden, I just seemed to be even less than below average, total suckage, which was very frustrating.  Today I took MW3 out and put Black Ops in just to see if I was remembering it with the old rose tinted glasses on.

Right away there were two very major differences.  for one I could actually see the other players.  I am a bit colour blind, have problems distinguishing shades or gray with blue, and green.  As you can imagine this is a bit of a problem in the likes of MW3 where the background and the players can often both be gray, or green, and for me they just blend.  In Black Ops, although the camouflage is still good, I can actually see other players 90% of the time... magic.

The other thing I noticed right off was that when I pointed my gun and shot at someone they actually fell over, they didn't turn and shoot me with one bullet, I got them.. amazing... totally amazing after 6 months of thinking I was just getting crap at FPS games now to discover that it's possibly the game after all which is crap and not me.

I may be fortunate in that my Black Ops experience has always been above average, I seldom felt cheated, if I died it was my own fault, but with MW3 I got so frustrated sometimes.  So for me, my connection, whatever it is, Black Ops works well, for some reason MW3 does not... so I'm thinking Prestige 11 is where I'll be staying but I will still soldier on with MW3 from time to time, it is mostly fun to play, but I'm going to really enjoy getting back into a bit of Black Ops again... I would recommend anyone having a tough time with MW3 to give it a go too... I hope they don't screw up Black Ops 2.

Take it easy

hi mate, just writing to agree with you really. I sometimes have the odd go on cod with my mate as he traded his copy of mw3 in about a month ago. i thought of trading my copy in, but got elite so have kept it.

anyway, although i do enjoy mw3 i think blops is 10 times better. maps are better, runs smooth for me no lag. i know what you mean with being easier to kill people, and as for seeing enemy better i have to agree again. mw3 seems to have weird colour schemes where everything blends in together. i'm often getting killed by enemies i can't see, but should be able to. and don't get me started on the maps, they are all small and cramped with various clutter all over. i used to like maps with a few open spaces.

Oh... and I forgot to mention that it is so quiet, well not exactly quiet, but no music, I can turn the music volume right down and just hear the game, I love that.  I don't want fanfares etc when I'm trying to play the game online, I would rather hear what is going on... I think I had just forgotten what a half decent game online could be like, as in fun, rather than the frustrating struggle I seem to be having lately with MW3.

But no doubt for others MW3 runs ok, I guess it's a case of finding what works best where you are... and I will still play MW3 but right now I'm having FUN with Black Ops.

Take it easy

The only reason I play CoD: Black Ops anymore is for the ZOMBIES! I can't wait until the next CoD so I can have some more Zombies! MOAR, GIVE ME MOAR!

But still, most people think Black Ops just has better gameplay, graphics, maps and the Zombie mode they like aswell.

Some people play MW3 for the guns.

r8edtripx

kurt24 wrote:

In the past couple weeks I have noticed that there is almost as many people playing Blops .  If I was IW I would take that as a slap in the face and do something about it.

Yeah, I like switching it up and going back to Black Ops. The only reason I still play MW3 is because I've already paid for the DLC.

I'm going to take my chances and buy the DLC ahead of time for Black Ops 2, but I don't plan on buying the DLC until I've heard reviews for the next Infinity Ward COD.

About 3 months ago, Black Ops had a Double XP weekend with Firing Range 24/7. I didn't care about the DXP, but Firing Range 24/7 was SICK!!! I had so much fun. I hope they do that again!

I play Mw3 but that doesn't mean i like it over bops... i just play mw3 because i don't find bops as competitive as it used to be and sadly but i also play it because most of my friends play mw.

ValleyYeti

sorry, purists, but i think mw3 is quite a bit better than Black Ops.  I like the mw3 core maps more (aside from nuketown, which is legendary) and I enjoy the weapons and killstreaks more (except I miss that little remote control car).

r8edtripx

ValleyYeti wrote:

sorry, purists, but i think mw3 is quite a bit better than Black Ops.  I like the mw3 core maps more (aside from nuketown, which is legendary) and I enjoy the weapons and killstreaks more (except I miss that little remote control car).

I like how the MW3 maps are generally small or play small, but the Time To Kill is MUCH better in Black Ops.

Black Ops gives you a chance to be more aggressive than MW3, because it's not an "instakill" like it is in MW3. If a lesser player happens to get the drop on you in Black Ops, you still have a chance to out-skill that player and kill him; Not so in MW3.

The remote control car was no loss for me, but I was bummed when we could no longer Dolphin Dive. Rumor is that Kill Confirmed is coming back in Black Ops 2. I can't wait to Dolphin Dive onto some tags!!!! Lol.

skippinglobster

I've liked Black Ops from the start and in my opinion it's the best Call of Duty. I don't have the connection issues some people have with it and for me MW3 plays much worse in that reguard. Also the maps, guns, perks and non stackable killstreaks were just awesome. I have more kills with my MP5K (almost 8,000) than I do for all of my kills in MW3.