1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 9:27 AM by solidhead3 Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Yes another tread about campers....

Weird. Whenever me or the people I play with pull host we always seem to do much better than normal. I always know if I pull host too, I don't just guess.

• 51. Re: Yes another tread about campers....
    r8edtripx

Orihamu wrote:

Weird. Whenever me or the people I play with pull host we always seem to do much better than normal. I always know if I pull host too, I don't just guess.

How do you KNOW that you pulled host? Watching who gets the signal bars first in the lobby doesn't work like it did in Black Ops. What's your trick to KNOWING you pulled host in MW3?

• 52. Re: Yes another tread about campers....

Leaving the game and watching the host migration. I dislike having host so I often leave. It is a unfair advantage over the rest of the lobby.

• 53. Re: Yes another tread about campers....
    r8edtripx

Orihamu wrote:

Leaving the game and watching the host migration. I dislike having host so I often leave. It is a unfair advantage over the rest of the lobby.

Hahaha! I was really hoping you had some trick to knowing for sure that you'd pulled host without leaving the game and watching the host migration; Everybody knows that!

So how do you know you have host BEFORE you've left the game that makes you say to yourself, "I know I've pulled host and I don't like it because it gives me an unfair advantage over the rest of the lobby."?

You have to have a way of knowing BEFORE you leave the game, because otherwise you wouldn't leave the game for having an unfair advantage, right?

• 54. Re: Yes another tread about campers....

I don't leave right way, Lol. Sometimes I wait a few games. And that is not the only way I can find out if I am host or not. Although they are not fullproof ways, I can always tell when I am host. Host advantage is the same as ever. MW3 did not change that.

• 55. Re: Yes another tread about campers....

Oh yes, I just remembered. 1 way I can tell if I am host or not. My connection will randomly start to skip a few times a day for about 10 seconds. When I am not host it only affects me. As host the same thing happens to everyone in the lobby.

• 56. Re: Yes another tread about campers....
    r8edtripx

Orihamu wrote:

I don't leave right way, Lol. Sometimes I wait a few games. And that is not the only way I can find out if I am host or not. Although they are not fullproof ways, I can always tell when I am host. Host advantage is the same as ever. MW3 did not change that.

So you're still guessing, but you feel you have a knack for guessing when you feel you've had a connection advantage? That's not exactly "KNOWING." Supposedly host changes on a per game basis in MW3 unlike Black Ops where once you're host, you stay host until you leave the lobby.

I don't think being host works to your advantage in MW3 like it has in past CODs. I've read sooo many threads where people actually feel being host is a disadvantage in MW3.

Whatever, if you or anyone has heard of a way to actually KNOW if you are host in MW3 WITHOUT leaving the lobby let me know. (not the connection strength bar either; it doesn't really work in MW3)

• 57. Re: Yes another tread about campers....
    r8edtripx

Orihamu wrote:

Oh yes, I just remembered. 1 way I can tell if I am host or not. My connection will randomly start to skip a few times a day for about 10 seconds. When I am not host it only affects me. As host the same thing happens to everyone in the lobby.

What do you mean, your connection starts to skip?

• 58. Re: Yes another tread about campers....

It will stop and start again a few times and then it will be normal. Have you ever had your game skip when you are in a pregame lobby or the multiplayer menus? It is like that.

• 59. Re: Yes another tread about campers....

I have never heard anyone ingame be it a random or a friend complain about how being host makes them do worse.  I come on these forums at least once a week to see what is going on and I have seen few posts about how host power is bad in MW3. It must not be for everyone, because for me host power is the same as ever.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next