14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 10:30 PM by brsox RSS

Advanced UAV is useless

Why is it so useless? Why doesnt it detect the assassin campers?

The Blackbird was one of the best killstreaks in Black Ops, it was a bit overpowered in a way since it couldnt be shot down and there was no delay in the scanning, a good way to counter it was the counter uav.

This Advanced UAV in MW3 can be shot down, there is small delay in the scans so why the hell doesnt it detect the Assassin users?

• Re: Advanced UAV is useless
    trialstardragon

Because enough people hated the BB of BO and how it worked. The only ones that loved the BB was the run-n-gun adrenaline pumped red dot chasers.

I loved the Blackbird, but I used counter-uavs to stop others from getting it. Worked great.

trialstardragon

If the BB could have been shot done, then people would probably cry about that factor of the ksr. But since it could not, there was not much other an a  counter uav that could be used to protect against it and that is why it was a broke ks in BO. It was a ks that was more powerful than the moab is in this game in how it works and can change the game play.

vims1990

trialstardragon wrote:

Because enough people hated the BB of BO and how it worked. The only ones that loved the BB was the run-n-gun adrenaline pumped red dot chasers.

Link me to a post or video where someone actually hated/whined about the Blackbird.

Blackbird was not OP in Black Ops due to the fact that you needed 8 kills (7 with Hardline) in a row to get it.

Although it's good that the Advanced UAV has a counter & can get shot down considering you can die over and over again until your get the Advanced UAV.

You must not've played Demolition with a full party. People would always scream at us for using blackbirds and shooting down their counters. It was hilarious.

vims1990

Aero_Stryker wrote:

You must not've played Demolition with a full party. People would always scream at us for using blackbirds and shooting down their counters. It was hilarious.

I was more of a Domination & TDM player in Black Ops. Demo was way too easy in a party.

I rarely used any of the assault killstreaks in Black Ops either, just the Spy Plane, Counter & Blackbird.

The Counter Spy Plane was enough of a counter to the Blackbird. You'd be dumb enough not to save it until someone on the opposing team called in the Blackbird & Spy Planes.

trialstardragon

People did hate it, the only people that loved it where those that hated ghost. Just like why the op does not like auav in this game because it does not function like the bb of bo, because they dislike assasin because they need red dots to chase for kills.

I really wish iw or 3arc would ever make core with out the baby monitor and the only time you ever get it was when a uav is up to begin with. and no I do not mean how hardcore works either.

The bm as I shall now call it is the reason why so many people hate the perks like ghost and assasin because of their overdeloped need to be able to see red dots to know where people are in the game.

I think the bm should be removed from the game completely really and force players to learn to play with out the aid of such a feature at all in a game. But I can hear all the crys and rants and demands and threats about it having to be put back in...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-/59888730 A person who both hated and liked it, which was the about the same response most anyone had when it was used. So no it was not just liked by everyone. A lot of players did dislike it.

WKMMS

The difference between the two is that the BB was a proper killstreak reward requiring consecutive kills and the AUAV is a support streak reward, so you can die over and over and still get it.  I think it's fair in that case that it's not as powerful.  Best tool for fiding Assassin campers is your eyes... oh, and Recon

scolia5044

I mean the Advanced can be shot down very quickly but it's a good thing since you can have the worst record and still get one

brsox

what good would assassin be if it didnt keep you off the radar?