22 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 11:32 PM by J.O.EMay1st RSS

The ACR. Overused or Overpowered?

J.O.EMay1st

• Re: The ACR. Overused or Overpowered?
    RAMBONER

Im just going to straighten this out for my head really quick.....

So rockin the pp90, talking about what a beast you are then saying the "I swear to god that is the only gun that kills me (acr)"  then ******** about the T95, MK14 and ACR and how they make the game un-playable...."guns like the MK14 with people who know how to use them make this game unplayable"...All while using the pp90.

Holy **** man this is killin me and I am only 30 seconds into this vid.

Holy **** its even better.  @1:55....haaaa...."everytime I try to kill someone using the ACR it lags and I get framerate drops"....ROFLMAO.

3:16....switches from the pp90 to qscoping with the MSR and FMG9's akimboed for secondary.

3:45....SCAR and MP7 are ok to use because you use it.

4:42....talking about pp90 being nooby.....while shooting someone with akimbo FMG9s...holy **** man i hope this is a troll vid......haaaa...

RAMBONER

Ok....on the ACR..

It is the easiest gun to use on the game which makes it "overused" and "overpowered"  Its not literally OP in my opinion it is just too powerful for how easy it is to use.  Do I care?  No.  Its in the game and I like other ARs better and have way more kills with most of the other ARs and I suck at the game so.....

jwaller123

Simply put...The ACR is neither overpowered or overused. I see alot more MP7's, MK14's, SCAR's, Type 95's and shotties then I see the ACR. In my honest opinion I think all the guns are fine...(except for the ones that kill me...Lol.)

I'm going towards overused here,but the ACR could use a recoil increase.

i can see it overused but i still put type 95 as the most OP AR in the game. if im on try hard mode i use mp7 over acr any day. we and seen a lot of people give people who use type 95 a hard time which i can see why people stop using it.

uM... the weapon does not seem to me to be overpowered. I do believe at some points it is over used. Lately I feel the community is dead for MW3. To me the MP7 is the most used gun. You I see are a akimbo fmg/ PP90 so I don't think your commentary is proper. BTW, I use LMG (M60e4) the most and they get me high KDR but i don't see people ******** about it.

SnipinDB

Good commentary.

Some nice sniper shots man.

On the acr. It’s what it is. It should have less damage on range, as it’s just stupid to vs when someone keeps his distance aka camps long sights constantly and putting on a silencer does next to nothing to it now..

What would balance this game; A fire cap on all semi-auto guns, similar to Black Ops, keeping modded controllers somewhat in check. PP90 fire rate increase of 16 % instead of 32 % with RF. Mp7 18 damage on range instead of its current 20. ACR 20 damage on range instead of 30 (this would give us an actual reason to use the ak47 and cm901 above it and if people use a silencer on it, it actually does something to the gun). T95 should fire faster (as fast as the G11 burst fires in blops), but have its insta- 2 hit kill ability removed. Say 45-20 damage with that faster burst firing speed, would make it more balanced (needing accuracy to get an ohk) and better all-round (faster bursts).

Removal of akimbo ability on all machine pistols (would be more reason to use shotguns as primaries and pistol akimbos as secondaries). Finally a Pellets buff to the spas-12, ksg and model, I would give them 10 pellets (1 more than the fully auto usas-12 has now seems more than fair as they absolutely need ohks to be useful with their fire rate, needing 30 % of the body instead of the current 37.5 % (spas & model) with damage while having a 20 % bigger chance to hit something, would help a lot especially do to their current inconstant pellet spread, Giving us hitmarkers with these pump / lever-action slow shotguns even when aimed spot on centre mass cqb with damage on..

Get a grip the ACR is fine like any other gun if you have it leveled up it's good and easier to kill people!  Why would they touch the most popular fun run and gun slash camp weapon in the game? what so people quit playing?  Quick scoping is the only thing in this game that needs a reality check on!

solidhead3

If you're getting killed by the ACR, you're not taking full scope of the situation. The ACR isn't very good, at all. I'm more afraid of SitRep than the ACR.

Xaiyu

MP7 >

Both ACR and MP7 has far too little recoil. Which make them overpowered, and overused.

dstr001

I don't even think the ACR is overused, let alone overpowered; there have been plenty times where I have been outgunned by those using other guns, like the M4, and vice versa.

To all you folk saying "this is OP, that is OP", in the hands of a skillful player, ANY weapon can outgun another, it's just that simple. don't blame the tool, blame the player that killed you with it.

TBH the ACR is very average IMO; the G36c is FAR better if you take the time to learn the recoil pattern.

Same with guns like the MP7; sure, it has a hell of a range and little recoil, but that is evened out by its very low power, it takes five or six bullets at any sort of range, which, if you are being killed by it, then you aren't moving much to get out of its way, are you?

DaShuk2381

The problem is a "skillful" player is normally one with a high k/d which usually means they just campfest on every map. Honestly every "skillful" player I've come across with a high K/d has camped the whole f'in game in the same exact places, so it doesn't really matter what gun you use when you are "skillful" lol. Lag is also a huge factor. I lose pretty much every 50/50 gun fight because my bullets just seem to magically phase through people. I empty half a clip on target with hit markers, then the wind blows on me and I'm dead and the kill cam shows me not even shooting. It's hard to really say anyone is skillful in this horribly broken game.

rankismet

J.O.EMay1st wrote:

Notice how the quote reads, "J.O.EMay1st wrote:"...

... that's funny since you didn't write anything.

RegicidalI

I tested this gun on dome, and I went 23 - 0. THIS GUN IS ON CRACK AND I DEMAND A PATCH.

SULLY130EighT

Just a little rant. QUIT ******* COMPLAINING ABOUT GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ACR is not over powered. And I see more people using the PP90 and MP7 as their primary, more than anything else. But who flippin cares. And the only thing overpowered in this game is the akimbo FMG9's. But it's in the game. Nothing I can do about it. I'll always be a pistol gunner till I die. Unless there's air support, then I switch to my Blind Eye class and whip out the Stinger.

DaShuk2381

Personally I hate the ACR because everybody seems to use it and does well with it, but it's one of my worst ARs. I'm 100X better with the SCAR and FAD than the ACR. I've noticed most of the "good" players in my lobbies all use the same guns, normally PP90, MP-7, ACR, or quick scope with an AS50 or Barret. I've tried all those weapons and don't much care for them. I suck with pretty much every SMG but the UMP45.

J.O.EMay1st

Thanks you guys for the constructive criticism.... And for the person that was just hating on my post (RAMBONER) get a ******* life. No one told you to watch the whole vid. Yea I used the FMG akimbos, but I use them because people with the ACR are annoying. So I decide to annoy everyone else with the FMG9's. @RAMBONER, please don't watch the vid or click the post if all you want to do is hate. Thanks.....