24 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 8:46 AM by gmir9 RSS

Sentry gun...

nazerr

Why can't the sentry gun just be placed like the sam turret or Remote sentry ? I really do hate waiting 5 or more seconds forthe Helicoper to drop my Sentry gun. Most of the time, the spawn has flipped before it drops.

• Re: Sentry gun...

Waiting till you are in the clear to call in your sentry sucks but it's part of the game.

I'm always tempted to throw it down straight away and set it up, but loosing my sentry after rushing to get it up has taught me a few lessons.

Go for a bit of a run and find somewhere quiet to call it in...

THEN SET IT UP ON (B) and mow everyone down... Heh heh.

God I love sentry guns

DaShuk2381

What sucks even worse is after having to wait and finally getting the damn thing, so many people are running assasin there's really no point in the Sentry Gun at all, I hardly ever get 1-2 kills if even that when I get them and they are destroyed within 30 seconds. Predator and IMS are so much more useful as a 5-kill streak.

The reson the sentry gun has to come out of a package is because everything thing that comes out of a care package doesn't count towards your killstreak if it gets kills.  The sentry gun has potential to get so many kills, so if your lucky you could a pavelow.

DaShuk2381

It has potential, but from personal use and seeing it dropped in games by others, it rarely works that well. Most don't last more than 10 seconds before somebody destroys it and I've never had any success getting kills with one no matter where it is placed. I have much better success with the Predator and IMS in the 5-kill slot.

azn_chic

I'm pretty sure that kills from a Sentry Guns count towards your killstreak, as long as it comes from an actual Sentry Gun package. It won't count if it just comes in from a random care package killstreak.

i would love to see the 30mm gernade turret from spec ops come to mw3 online.

I like the remote sentry gun.  I always get steaks with it.

wridtrvlr

I love using the Sentry gun....hate waiting for it.  I mean, where the f do you pull an IMS from??  Your ass??  Why can't a Sentry fit up there as well??  Makes no sense. 

Anyway, that being said, in some games I can get 10 or even 20 kills with them.  Others are taken out almost the second I put them up and it feels like a waste.  I've even had games where I've pulled out my sentry, to get knifed in the back and the message "They've destroyed your sentry."  FML. 

azn_chic

HAHAHA! Well put.

I love getting a sentry, calling it in, collecting it, then getting killed. Then upon spawning getting another 5 kills. Place the first sentry, call second sentry, and place them back to back in a high traffic area. People hate it, I love it.

Yeah, if you get killed while trying to set something up, it should NOT automatically drop where you die, it should reset along with your respawn or something.

Always set your sentry gun up against a wall or corner and aim it so it spans 180 deg across all approach points. Make sure there isn't a door near it.  This will make it harder to kill the sentry and also allow it a sec to spool up and kill anyone trying

SULLY130EighT

The sentry gun is useless unless, you place it where people actually have to work to kill it. Like placing it on top of things people have to climb. It's a great distraction piece for the enemy because a teammate can spot the enemy trying to climb it to knife it making the enemy an easy target. It will get you atleast a few more kills that way if no one is running Blind Eye.

Sentry guns are useless, especially in HC. They last about 1 second before your teammate stabs it.

nazerr

Can your team really do that on Hardcore ?

Yep. All equipment and killstreaks. Each killstreak they destroy they get +1 on their points streak.

The other thing they do is stand in front of your sentry gun... enemy comes past and sentry shoots them, they get killed, but because of ricochet YOU die. Same as air strikes, you say "I'm dropping it at B" and they all run to B, you kill 4 teammates and die 4 times.

gmir9

I got two sentry guns the other day i In a care package and 1 earn as a kill streak on bootleg set 1 at the top of stairs inside the building facing down, then placed the 2nd at the by the front entrance facing back towards the steps.

nice deadly crossfire and got 10 kills from sentries and another 6 from my attac heli.

ended game 29 kills 2 assist and 9 deaths