I am a huge fan of Call of Duty games for almost the last 10 years. As a married man, I always find the time for having fun playing COD and so I always search for things that needs to be done or should have been improved. Maybe you could say that I have way too much time but despite the experiences and education I have, there isn't really big chance to get asked to participate in designing a game and maybe make a living by doing this. So, what the heck, I will just write down here the things that MW3 should change to make this game better. My suggestions are based on experiences of playing, I have played single mission campaign for 3 times, reached prestige 7 in multiplayer (and still moving up) and completed Special ops. So here we go, starting with
Single player Campaign:
Campaign itself is good, very interesting but it lacks of some things as:
- no option to turn off the music during gameplay (in some cases the music is so loud that you can't hear anything else)
- walls does not blow off when you shot at them with RPGs and it's similar weapons (that makes game slightly unrealistic, if you check some other older games from year 2002/2003.. there you had a chance to completely destroy the walls in the game and sometimes even made a new entrance to the next level)
- lights on the celling should get destroyed when you shoot at them
- some faster reloading, swapping weapons and more conditioning running would be really handy, sometimes you have a felling that you are shoting plastic ducks in the circus because of the slow responses of your character.
- enemies should be destroyed/killed sooner, shooting them 15 times with AK-47 isn't realistic! AI enemy should go down as fast as players playing hardcore in multiplayer
- before going to the battle, it would be good if you would have an option to choose what kind of a rifle/gun you would want to bring with and outfit, grenades and such. I am not saying that this option should be available everywhere but in some cases it would be good!
- prone blocking stuff is anoying and should be removed
- snipers on all sides should wear camouflage
- jumping on objects that are 2 foot tall should be possible for a ''marine'' or a ''navy seal''
- there are some weapons missing, AK-74u is one of them, it is used in Single player campaign, so it should be available in Multiplayer and Special ops too
- more attachments for weapons should also be available, maybe you could add a perk that allows you to have 3 attachements and 5 for a ''PRO perk'' because in real life I could easily add silencer, scope, extra mags and a grenade launcher to my rifle, no need to be limited only on 2 attachments
- ricochet fire should be disabled and friendly fire as well, in real life you don't die if you shot at friendlies by mistake, lots of times you die just because people are ignorant and are running directly into your line of fire
- shooting an enemy for 30 seconds with 2 different guns, HITTING them and not be able to destroy them in standard mode is really stupid, it is not real, the difference between standard and hardcore mode should be only in killcam off/on and hud off/on, that's it.
- communitly playlist should have Zombie mode, there are in COD World at war, Black Ops.. would be fun to have it here as well
- maps should have better sniping spots and better CQB sections, playing would be a lot more interesting then
Special Ops, Survival:
- Missing weapons, attachements, air supports... almost everything. There are no Stingers, Bazookas, trumphets, XM25, only an RPG. No Ak-74u either, no choper support, no reaper support (manually controled), no B2 airstrike... basically, it should have all the killstreak rewards you get in multiplayer. It should also have a MOAB. You should have an option to buy all this, for instance:
MOAB - 20.000$
Cobra - 5000 $
Reaper - 7000 $
- Delta squad is sometimes a pain in the neck! If we take a look at the joystick of PS3, buttons such are up, down, left and right are not used completeley. A button LEFT is unused and should be ussed to tell your delta squad to stay or to follow you. It is really a total waste of time to run for ammo and the entire delta squad is following you with the speed of a snail, new wave begins, they stay in the middle of the map, they get killed and you lost 5000 $. It's a waste of time and money!
- A button SELECT shoudl be used to say you are ready for new wave, button O is used for this instead. This is really not a good option, because button O also means to crouch or prone, it also means to exit the buying menu, it is really not good to have 2 options while button LEFT or SELECT isn't used at all!! I cannot tell you how many times I made a mistake and pressed O and the new wave started, argh!
- When a choper that transports a juggernaut comes, it should be destroyed by a predator missile right away. I don't know how it is possible that a transport helicopter is bulletproof to predator missiles????? This is unrealistic and it's wasting a valuable time
- Time to get ready should be at least 1 minute long or even longer if you would have an option to get more time if you kill your enemy real quick. For instance, if destroying an enemy would take you 1 minute, you would have only 30 seconds to get ready for a new wave, but if you would kill your enemies in 30 seconds, you would have 1 minute to get ready and so on and so on.
- Sometimes it makes me laugh when your character cannot jump on a simple barrel.... jumping issues again...
- not be able to buy predator missile and sentry gun at the same time is stupid... it should be allowed, there is no way to know when you will need to deploy a sentry or use a predator missile, also... you should have an option to buy both sentries and both delta squads at the same time, meaning, buying one while other still exists,, what's the catch of limiting the fun?
So.. that's basically all I've been wanting to point out for the last 5 months, I hope that Activision will welcome this suggestions and maybe make a patch to fix all or some the following errors, bugs... whatever you may wanna call it. However... if you have a job for me, I have more ideas in my mind, haha
Take care everyone and good hunting!