13 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 11:31 PM by dylangray RSS

What does MW3 need to be perfect?

Greetings everyone!

I am a huge fan of Call of Duty games for almost the last 10 years. As a married man, I always find the time for having fun playing COD and so I always search for things that needs to be done or should have been improved. Maybe you could say that I have way too much time but despite the experiences and education I have, there isn't really big chance to get asked to participate in designing a game and maybe make a living by doing this. So, what the heck, I will just write down here the things that MW3 should change to make this game better. My suggestions are based on experiences of playing, I have played single mission campaign for 3 times, reached prestige 7 in multiplayer (and still moving up) and completed Special ops. So here we go, starting with

Single player Campaign:

Campaign itself is good, very interesting but it lacks of some things  as:

- no option to turn off the music during gameplay (in some cases the music is so loud that you can't hear anything else)

- walls does not blow off when you shot at them with RPGs and it's similar weapons (that makes game slightly unrealistic, if you check some other older games from year 2002/2003.. there you had a chance to completely destroy the walls in the game and sometimes even made a new entrance to the next level)

- lights on the celling should get destroyed when you shoot at them

- some faster reloading, swapping weapons and more conditioning running would be really handy, sometimes you have a felling that you are shoting plastic ducks in the circus because of the slow responses of your character.

- enemies should be destroyed/killed sooner, shooting them 15 times with AK-47 isn't realistic! AI enemy should go down as fast as players playing hardcore in multiplayer

- before going to the battle, it would be good if you would have an option to choose what kind of a rifle/gun you would want to bring with and outfit, grenades and such. I am not saying that this option should be available everywhere but in some cases it would be good!

- prone blocking stuff is anoying and should be removed

Multiplayer Campaign:

- snipers on all sides should wear camouflage

- jumping on objects that are 2 foot tall should be possible for a ''marine'' or a ''navy seal''

- there are some weapons missing, AK-74u is one of them, it is used in Single player campaign, so it should be available in Multiplayer and Special ops too

- more attachments for weapons should also be available, maybe you could add a perk that allows you to have 3 attachements and 5 for a ''PRO perk'' because in real life I could easily add silencer, scope, extra mags and a grenade launcher to my rifle, no need to be limited only on 2 attachments

- ricochet fire should be disabled and friendly fire as well, in real life you don't die if you shot at friendlies by mistake, lots of times you die just because people are ignorant and are running directly into your line of fire

- shooting an enemy for 30 seconds with 2 different guns, HITTING them and not be able to destroy them in standard mode is really stupid, it is not real, the difference between standard and hardcore mode should be only in killcam off/on and hud off/on, that's it.

- communitly playlist should have Zombie mode, there are in COD World at war, Black Ops.. would be fun to have it here as well

- maps should have better sniping spots and better CQB sections, playing would be a lot more interesting then

Special Ops, Survival:

- Missing weapons, attachements, air supports... almost everything. There are no Stingers, Bazookas, trumphets, XM25, only an RPG. No Ak-74u either, no choper support, no reaper support (manually controled), no B2 airstrike... basically, it should have all the killstreak rewards you get in multiplayer. It should also have a MOAB. You should have an option to buy all this, for instance:

MOAB - 20.000$

Cobra - 5000 $

Reaper - 7000 $

etc.

- Delta squad is sometimes a pain in the neck! If we take a look at the joystick of PS3, buttons such are up, down, left and right are not used completeley. A button LEFT is unused and should be ussed to tell your delta squad to stay or to follow you. It is really a total waste of time to run for ammo and the entire delta squad is following you with the speed of a snail, new wave begins, they stay in the middle of the map, they get killed and you lost 5000 $. It's a waste of time and money!

- A button SELECT shoudl be used to say you are ready for new wave, button O is used for this instead. This is really not a good option, because button O also means to crouch or prone, it also means to exit the buying menu, it is really not good to have 2 options while button LEFT or SELECT isn't used at all!! I cannot tell you how many times I made a mistake and pressed O and the new wave started, argh!

- When a choper that transports a juggernaut comes, it should be destroyed by a predator missile right away. I don't know how it is possible that a transport helicopter is bulletproof to predator missiles????? This is unrealistic and it's wasting a valuable time

- Time to get ready should be at least 1 minute long or even longer if you would have an option to get more time if you kill your enemy real quick. For instance, if destroying an enemy would take you 1 minute, you would have only 30 seconds to get ready for a new wave, but if you would kill your enemies in 30 seconds, you would have 1 minute to get ready and so on and so on.

- Sometimes it makes me laugh when your character cannot jump on a simple barrel.... jumping issues again...

- not be able to buy predator missile and sentry gun at the same time is stupid... it should be allowed, there is no way to know when you will need to deploy a sentry or use a predator missile, also... you should have an option to buy both sentries and both delta squads at the same time, meaning, buying one while other still exists,, what's the catch of limiting the fun?

So.. that's basically all I've been wanting to point out for the last 5 months, I hope that Activision will welcome this suggestions and maybe make a patch to fix all or some the following errors, bugs... whatever you may wanna call it. However... if you have a job for me, I have more ideas in my mind, haha

Take care everyone and good hunting!

• Re: What does MW3 need to be perfect?

It needs CPU units in local and private play

btjustice

lag comp that works, host getting **** on by lag comp needs sorting out still. but hey its only been what 5 months and still no joy for some of us.

They need to fix the spawns, Ive played where I kill a guy and he spawns around the corner from me

I would like to see a boost to the AA-12 2 clips and you eat them up right away

A boost to explosives, Im a SMAW guy but I either have to hit people directly or they have to be almost dead

Also getting commandoed is a real pain sometmes

True about M-16, I forgot to mention that as well, M-16 should have fully automatic function and not ONLY burst, it would be cool if you would be able to chose between single and auto fire, like you could in COD United Offensive for instance.

As for hitting people for 100 times before they die... yeah, that's really frustrating, I can't play anything else except the Hardcore mode and still, that ricochet thing, really gets on my nervs, teammates are constantly jumping in my line of fire and imagine how cool it is to die just when you need 1 more kill to get a killstreak reward... seriously.. guys, you REALLY NEED TO FIX most if not all the things mentioned above, I don't think anyone of us would have a problem with that.

Thanks everyone for support!

MW3 SUCKS!!! TO BE PERFECT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE LIKE BLACK OPS!!! I'M SO TIRED OF BEING SPAWN KILLED FROM BEHIND IT'S REDICULOUS. PLUS THERE ARE FAR MORE CHEATS AND MODS FOR MW3 THAN ITS PREDECESSORS. SO MUCH IN FACT THE DAY THE CHEATS CAME OUT FOR MW3, THE BATTLEFIELD 3 SERVERS WERE OVERLOADED. ONCE YOU BACK OUT OF THE LOBBY, YOU CAN'T REFERENCE HOW YOU DID IN THE LAST MATCH. THE BLACK OPS MENU IS FAR MORE USER FRIENDLY AND EASY TO FOLLOW. YOU CAN ACTUALLY ADJUST THE GAME VOLUME, WHICH YOU CANT IN MW3. I THINK MW3 IS MORE OF A KIDS GAME. WHICH IS TERRIBLE BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE CHILDREN SHOULD BE PLAYING THIS GAME AT ALL! ALL HAIL TREYARC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call of duty mw3 single player campaign has one major error.

Makarov is in world war2 but he is also in 2052.1945 all the way to 2052 would make him 107

years old.

Makarov is in world war2 but he is also in 2052.1945 all the way to 2052 would make him 107

years old.

years old.

years old.

I agree with all of this nothing is worse than getting spawn killed, killed by someone jumping around like a pixy, getting killed by someone you fired a full mag into that shoots you once, and last but not least the person that lays on the ground and is suddenly invincible when you shot then but when it comes time for you to do it you get killed no problem... the other thing that they need to do is get rid of all these people with lag switches and modded controllers 

they should add an music button so everyone can hear music while playing.

1. Scavenger should re-supply : Ammo, granades, and Launchers.

2. Assassin needs to be weakend.

3. SMAW should have two Missles not One.

4. More attachments to guns.

5. Snipers should not get hitmarkers.

6. Shot Guns range to be decreased

7. Support class needs to be support not Assualt (EMP, JUGG, Stealth Bomber ect.)

5. Able to have 4 killstreak packages.

6. Weaken the Type 95

7. Secondary Machine Pistols are more powerful than primary, this needs to be fixed so they are weakend.

8. Spawns.

9. Host Migration

10. Lag

11. CAMPERS

12. Flash bang affects last way to long.