23 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 10:54 AM by doctorDAVE RSS

Balancing of Assasin/Ghost in next CoD

At this juncture, if someone on a team gets a uav the entire team gets a uav and if someone is using assasin/ghost they do not show up. So my thoughts for the next game is to have a personal uav and a team uav as killstreaks and on a personal uav people with ghost appear but only you get the uav. They would still be invisible to the team uav though. They also need to bring back blackbirds and keep them as a team thing. To maximize balance make the team uav like a 3 kill streak and the personal uav a 5. Also remove the whole assasin doesnt get affected by a counter uav because thats the whole reason most of us use counter uavs in the first place is to be at a level playing field with the timid rabbits that think they have to use something to hide them.

• Re: Balancing of Assasin/Ghost in next CoD
    SuddenlyAlive13

Oh yes, let's give everyone a personal UAV that reveals the position of Assasin users! That will make the game more oriented towards team work and stray away from lone wolfing that people hate so much! Great idea there partner!

Seriously did you think this through at ALL? If anything, the UAVs should be switched. If you want a UAV just for yourself, you shouldn't be able to see Assasin users. You're already being selfish enough, why make you even more selfish? I agree the blackbird should come back, but the whole personal UAV idea is awful.

If nothing else thank you for being blantantly honest, I wish more people were like this..I guess i was kind of geared toward lone wolfing because i almost always play with randoms which usually screw me over and are not even capable of amassing a uav so i was just thinking maybe someone on the team should be the beast that gets to take out the ghost ****.

Make UAV a 5 killstreak, get rid of Assassin/Ghost.

Put Blind Eye and Assasin in the same perk tier and makes you invisible to UAV's only if you're moving. If you sit in a corner and don't move, you'll still be on the radar.

Assassin would be alright if it didn't hold any counter that they can think of.

Immunity to Counter UAVs, Portable Radars, Heartbeat Sensors, and EMP Grenades is overkill.

avengedyesterday

platinumb wrote:

Assassin would be alright if it didn't hold any counter that they can think of.

Immunity to Counter UAVs, Portable Radars, Heartbeat Sensors, and EMP Grenades is overkill.

Agreed.

They did well breaking it up to blind eye and assassin. They need to take it a step further and put both of them in the same tier. Assassin does do too much. UAV and Counter UAV would have been enough.

Actually Quickdraw, Hardline, and Blast Shield are excellent alternatives to Assassin (especially Quickdraw), it's just that UAVs are too spammable.  Make it so Assault UAVs are renamed Spy Planes and make them blocked by Blind Eye, not Assassin.  Then, make it so Assassin won't hide your tag, give that job to Dead Silence. You can still make a stealth class, but you're sacrificing the rest of your perks.

bigdaddybudgell

You all sit there and complain about this and about that just enjoy the god damn game.  So sick of coming on to what should be intelligent arguments about something and it just people being cry babies.  If you actually think about what an assassin is then you would realize that they are suppossed to be undetectable.  I personally dont use it but I do use blind eye overkill and stalker.  Next youll see people crying because of overkill.  Grow up learn to counter attack to any class and stop crying and complaining about over powered sh*t or this class or that class.

robbierocket

This was a really backward thinking, uninspired thread, starting with the mispelt title.

Does it offer a decent logical suggestion to the perk scenario mentioned? No.

Is it self-orientated rather than community? Yes.

Is it just an anti-camper, anti-Assassin post in disguise? Yes

And is that because this playing style is not liked by the OC? Yes

Grow a lateral thinking brain and make some decent suggestions with logic, gameplay and community benefits instead of your own personal gripe/benefit.

Fair enough, let's get rid of assassin. Then let's also take out heartbeat sensors, UAV, CUAV. Hell let's get rid of everything but the knife. We can all run around and play Michael Myers. SMDH

Stop whining about a perk you don't like. Deal with it, don't use it, stop spamming UAV and CUAV. Stop using babymonitors(heartbeat sensors), portable radar, and everything else. That way there's no need for assassin.

People grow up and stop whining about every damn thing in the game. Play it, sell it, hell just don't buy the next one. It's the same crap EVERY COD that comes out.

scotland-rules

I think the person who made this thread hates assassin, this perk is ment to be stealth, and it works, simples

This is an arcade style game, as much as people try to make it a team game its really not. Do you know what perk cancels The Assasin Perk- Recon Perk every perk is desinged to be the opposite of the other.....But there are too many flaws with this game from guns to kill streaks and so on.

scotland-rules

So? There is a counter and it works but to be honest, I dont care I paid 90pound and all I want to do is enjoy it and I have been. So what if I get killed by the striker or an assassin using camper it does not bother me at all. Why do people care so much about a perk that is good and benfits all types of players from rushers to campers to snipers. Every player can benfit from it, its all about trying to decide, also by using assassin you cant use any other type of teir 2 perk in this entire game, this makes it balanced because its beside overkill blast sheild hardline and so on, Face it you will always be able to be detected even if you use assassin blind eye and Dead Silence So you can still be detected but every game is going to allow you to be that ultimate sneak,

how is assassin overpowered or cheap in any way? Please give me a ligitimate answer.. If assassin is cheap isn't UAV's equivalent to a wallhack?  people are really complaining because they cant get kills without spotting some red dot on a mini map? Stupid kids.. Go play pokemon or something..

rankismet

beastshaw wrote:

At this juncture, if someone on a team gets a uav the entire team gets a uav and if someone is using assasin/ghost they do not show up.

The point is lost right there... you think it is unbalanced to not get dots.

I think you need to stop relying on the game to play for you.

Balancing assasin:

Already:

Recon

Recon Drone

Should be countering:

Marksman

Advanced UAV  ------Similiar to blackbird

Hearbeat Sensor (assasins have heartbeats)

Maybe More.