11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 2:59 PM by Skills You Envy RSS

COD games for the new OnLive game system?

Xaivior
will there be any COD games for onlive? for those of you who don't know its a brand new gaming system and software that plays higher end games on a tv for the console, or on a PC. I read about it and it apparently streams a real time video of you playing the game from the web so a high end graphics card isn't even necessary if you wanna play on PC without spending 99$ for the console. They say "its like YouTube, but for games". it looks cool

heres a link if you want to check it out for your self: http://www.onlive.com/#2

or google it. it looks really neat and futuristic
  • Re: COD games for the new OnLive game system?
    Siriusa2
    It's laggy. Not what you want to use to play a twitch-based game. Trust me, OnLive isn't even a good idea on paper, even if you're just a couple miles from a server, you're still going to notice the lag.
    In another 5+ years, when people have the bandwidth to cope with that on a larger scale, it might have a market.

Right now, it's a pie in the sky kind of product.
    Xaivior
    I just played a free trial game with it an i only noticed a problem once and ive been trying it for 3 days now. its not as bad as you think for what it is
    Siriusa2
    And what was this free trial game then?
    Xaivior
    assassins creed 2, almost all of them have a free trial.

Xaivior wrote:

I just played a free trial game with it an i only noticed a problem once and ive been trying it for 3 days now. its not as bad as you think for what it is

No, it is.
    If you look at the requirements for optimum performance, liek %0.5 of serious gamers actually have connection speeds fast enough to cope.

Understand that the VAST majority of the gaming population are on SUB-1Mb connections.
    Siriusa2

Xaivior wrote:

AC2 is:
    1) Not twitch-based
    2) A rather slow game
    3) Not a good example.
    Xaivior

Siriusa2 wrote:

Xaivior wrote:

AC2 is:
    1) Not twitch-based
    2) A rather slow game
    3) Not a good example.

well then give it a try for your self, its free to sign up and all the trials are free. maybe it has some issues but it is pretty neat for what it is especially for the price (haven't bought the console yet, still testing it). I kinda like it.

Xaivior wrote:

well then give it a try for your self, its free to sign up and all the trials are free. maybe it has some issues but it is pretty neat for what it is especially for the price (haven't bought the console yet, still testing it). I kinda like it.

Neat pretty much sums it up.
    The idea is great, the practice is poor.

This is a young technology and needs a lot of work to hit the mainstream and compete in any way.

I don't really care much about Single Player games, so it's not even being considered.
    getnasty301
    i have the onlive micro console ... its funny to me the controller is bigger than the actual console . Unreal tournament 3 and just cause 2 : D . It be nice for a cod game , i mean since u can spectate anyone playing anything you could actually watch some clans go at it on cod.

To not think that this is the future of video gaming, and to not want a part of this sounds absurd. This is the direction that music industry and now the movie renting industry is moving. I'm Uber excited to have the game industry take this giant leap as well. They have the technology, it works. Just because its not to your standards or your liking doesn't mean its not functional. The only problem in this whole ordeal, is that developers, and publishers like Activision wont join them.Just think, no piracy and no matter what the developer gets profit from the game, because the middle man like Gamestop and its affiliates are cut out from the equation.That's not even it in its entirety. So I urge all who view this to go to the Onlive web site and educate themselves on a true gem the video game industry has on its hands.  EA and many others are in and I'm all in.