43 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2012 12:38 PM by QwertyBoredom RSS

Is Stealth Important in this Game?

So, is stealth dominant and necessary in this game?

Assasin (and to a lesser extent, blind eye and dead silence) seems top dominate in this game.  Also, the fact that they are all in different tiers doesn't help.  Also, there is no point running a silencer without assasin (UAVs are up 24/7) and vice versa (even if you are invisible to UAVs, you show up on the radar when you shoot).  Since UAVs are up all the time (thx to support), assasin is even more powerful.  When the red crosshair and name don't show up on the person (assasin PRO), it is very annoying, expecially on maps like interchange where the character kind of blends in with the ground.  With A/ BE/ DS, they are invisible all your COD senses except for sight, which is hindered on some maps (interchange)

So, is stealth dominant and necessary in this game?  DISCUSS!!!!!

• Re: Is Stealth Important in this Game?
    skippinglobster

I don't really think so. If you have good map knowledge and decent aim I think being off the radar actually just slows the game down sometimes. The spawns and map design are my only real issues with MW3 personally.

I do not use it almost ever. When i do it's to level it up then stop using it. Quickdraw is way more important though i would have it removed from the game if I could.

id agree, I think it depends on the map and the gun your using. i 90% of the time use assasin, and normally do not use a silencer. assassin maks it harder for the opponent to lock on you. and if its a small map, silencers to me are pointless, your going to run into everyone anyway. Silencers are important  for bigger maps.. also quick draw is only important for assault rifles, lmgs, and QS sniping. I dont understand why someone would put quickdraw on a shot gun or smg ( exception being spaz ) they are fast enough

iivrruummii

The people that normally run BE/A+/DS are bad at this game and should just quit.  I don't mind any of them seperate but when they are together it just make the game stupidly slow.  Personally I only run BE+/A when I play Drop Zone to shoot down all those Care Package helicopters and/or play against killstreak whores.

I think once people start using other perks they might actually get better at this game and stop camping in corners with Assassin.

Camper+Assassin Pro=Scrub.

Camper+Blast Shield Pro=Beast.

adw1983

Blast Shield?

You're suggesting that the mask-icon next to the hitmarker whenever I kill someone with an RPG, SMAW, Grenade, Claymore, Bouncing Betty, Predator, Airstrike or Reaper actually does something?

trialstardragon

The people that cry about people using BE/A/DS are bad in this game and should just quit because they need the precious red dots on their baby monitor to show them where people are to kill them.

Cwhatididthar?

If you need a radar to tell you where people are, or a headset than you suck and should go play something else.

rankismet

iivrruummii wrote:

The people that normally run BE/A+/DS are bad at this game... and make me look worse.

Fixed your post.

Worry about yourself and not other people's choices.

iivrruummii

I am sorry for those that use Assassin as a crutch for being bad at this game.

I am sorry that I am better than the people that have Assassin on all their classes because they don't know how to play a game.

These things need to go because they are crutches for bad kids:

Assassin Pro(You can hide from 90% of everything),

Stalker Pro(You don't have to leave your sights to get around the map),

8+ Support Killstreaks(The only way you can get killstreaks),

And last but not least Deathstreaks(The only you can kill me).

Developers need to STOP making games for garbage players, and need to START making games for the hardcore fans again. 

Blast Shield Pro/ Quickdraw Pro/ Overkill Pro are all better perks but less than 50% of the people that I play against use them because they don't even know how to play the game.  Stop defending Assassin because ever since they got rid of Stopping Power, Danger Close, and Juggernaut, they game has just become overrun by these Camping Assassin Scrubs that don't know how to play the game.

Assassin, Overpowered/Overused, Enough Said.

trialstardragon

The developers do not need to do what ever you think or say regardless of what ever you think or say because they are the developers and not you.

So no matter what you think or say, the developers do not have to cater to the tryhard fans anymore just because you think and say they should.

The developers work for a company out to make as much money as possible and that is done by making games for the largest playerbase which my dear scrub is not you or anyone like you. So no they do not have to care if you do not like it, so no they do not have to remove or change it to be how you want it.

rankismet

iivrruummii wrote:

I am sorry for those that use Assassin as a crutch for being bad at this game.

I am sorry that I am better than the people that have Assassin on all their classes because they don't know how to play a game.

These things need to go because they are crutches for bad kids:

Assassin Pro(You can hide from 90% of everything),

Stalker Pro(You don't have to leave your sights to get around the map),

8+ Support Killstreaks(The only way you can get killstreaks),

And last but not least Deathstreaks(The only you can kill me).

Developers need to STOP making games for garbage players, and need to START making games for the hardcore fans again. 

Blast Shield Pro/ Quickdraw Pro/ Overkill Pro are all better perks but less than 50% of the people that I play against use them because they don't even know how to play the game.  Stop defending Assassin because ever since they got rid of Stopping Power, Danger Close, and Juggernaut, they game has just become overrun by these Camping Assassin Scrubs that don't know how to play the game.

Assassin, Overpowered/Overused, Enough Said.

So first you whinge about DS... then you whinge about Stalker. I'm guessing the only perks you don't have an issue with are...

... the ones you use.

"they got rid of Stopping Power"... good grief, Ms. Pac-man.

atiredoldguy

Sounds like someone is butthurt over losing sp, dc and jugg if tyou ask me.

But as far as catering to anyone .. apparently the devs catered enough to you to get you to buy it. Why would they stop catering to others too?

Thx for replying.  I think you can take advantage of showing up on the radar.  As soon as you kill someone with an unslienced gun, move to a tactical spot to take out the people who run towards those dots.  The only thing I like assasin pro for is the immunity to EMPs.  But I normally run hardline instead.

atiredoldguy

It all depends on what tactics you are using.

Sometimes I like to be loud, obnoxious and pushy ......... and sometimes I like to be a sneaky bastard, creeping around killing the loud, obnoxious and pushy dude.

What style one uses doesnt determine if you are bad or good ...... what determines if you are bad or good is how well you can deal with the enemy's style without crying about it.

No, it's not all that important. It can help with certain weapon setups, like closing the gap with a shotgun on larger maps, but overall, it doesn't play too much of a role, unless you require a constant readout of enemy positions.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In most matches all I see are run and gunners and quickscopers, for the most part. Then again, I play TDM.

thebiindsniper

I wouldn't say that stealth is important.  Rather, it's just human nature, and the devs know it.

Therefore, they create a variety of ways to cater towards stealth, such as suppressors, assassin, dead silence, etc.  If there wasn't stealth based options for players, the game would get boring. 

Sure, stealth players may be hated upon, based on their preferred style of play.  But there is no reason to be angry in the first place.  They camped, yet you didn't adapt and overcome.  So that's technically your fault.

And those words didn't come from a camper.  I'm a run n gunner.  Surprised?

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

atiredoldguy

I do both myself .. and along with everything in between.

I find playing one particular way helps me learn to overcome playing against it.   Would I  hide in that spot ? Yup, I better expect someone there. Do I run a certain pattern? If so, it sounds like a good spot to camp.

But what I find happenning is that if I use one particular tactic for a while, I start forgetting what I'd be doing if I was the enemy.

It works the same for weapons, perks etc. When I concentrate too hard on one, I forget how to combat the others.

I've never been a uav user. I think the mini map is distracting and only use it for reference. But then I'll equip a portable radar sometimes and I get hooked. and of course over time I start cussing the assassin users. When that happens, its time to play the opposite role for a while to refresh my habits.

vileself

War itself is based on stealth. Everything from world war to street war the best way to exceed in war is to sneak up on and kill your enemy.  Of course when people play a game their natural instincts are going to lead them in a direction of not being seen or heard by the enemies, as to prevent death and increase chances of winning.

With that said it doesnt exactly make it balanced for multiplayer because it would seem that anyone who is undetectable will have an advantage over those who are detectable.

On the other end of the spectrum take a player who is using Sleight of Hand, Quickdraw, Steady Aim and Rapid Fire as an attachment. This is by no means a stealth class but when it comes to the actual engagement of combat this class will have 4 means of advantage over someone using the Blind Eye, Assassin, Dead Silence stealth class. The stealth class only really benefits the players who know how to traverse the map well enough to use it. While the other class benefits players who are merely good at gunning down anyone who gets in their way, knowing when and where to reload, when and where to hipfire etc.

My point is that everyone likes to play a certain way and there is a perk combo suitable for everyone. The two I mentioned are the most common based off of human nature.

QwertyBoredom

It helps but is not necessary, any way to stop the game telling everyone on the other team where you are is an advantage any way to stop killstreaks killing you over and over again is good, but the simple counter to assassin is the good old school method of using your eyes and checking corners just like you had to in games like counter strike, unreal tornment and time splitters, beside its not assassin campers that are dangerous its the assassin runner and flankers that will run all the way to your side of the map and shoot you in the back as you run at those red dots if you really want to level the playing field then play hardcore where it doesn't make a difference due to there being no mini-map.

I use assassin all the time, but I play HC only and I snipe. I'm also sick of kiddies running around with motion detectors on their ar.

people moan about it but its one way of doing things, quickdraw beats assassin usually. i use assassin all the time, and tbh, when i get many games of 60+ kills and under 8 deaths, for several consecutive rounds, tell me the games going slow.

r8edtripx

N1ckx2 wrote:

So, is stealth dominant and necessary in this game?

Assasin (and to a lesser extent, blind eye and dead silence) seems top dominate in this game.  Also, the fact that they are all in different tiers doesn't help.  Also, there is no point running a silencer without assasin (UAVs are up 24/7) and vice versa (even if you are invisible to UAVs, you show up on the radar when you shoot).  Since UAVs are up all the time (thx to support), assasin is even more powerful.  When the red crosshair and name don't show up on the person (assasin PRO), it is very annoying, expecially on maps like interchange where the character kind of blends in with the ground.  With A/ BE/ DS, they are invisible all your COD senses except for sight, which is hindered on some maps (interchange)

So, is stealth dominant and necessary in this game?  DISCUSS!!!!!

Agreed, because UAVs are up all the time, Assassin has become a much more desirable perk. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Is stealth necessary? Maybe not absolutely necessary, but it's definitely a good thing not to be seen by the ever-present UAV.

Well um, 80% of my deaths are from assassin users besides KS, cars, bombs etc. Yes I look at every persons perks when I die.

When I die to an assassin user, I just think to myself im clearly the better player as I kill them front to front and not from the back....

I also think to myself if I could get osprey gunners while using hardline and everyone could see me (I fear no UAV) btw imagine using assassin being invisible to mostly everything

I have a stinger as a secondary free pointstreak!

Like I said I am better than anyone who uses assassin as I face my fears head on and not hide

atiredoldguy

AntiAssasinPro wrote:

Well um, 80% of my deaths are from assassin users besides KS, cars, bombs etc. Yes I look at every persons perks when I die.

When I die to an assassin user, I just think to myself im clearly the better player as I kill them front to front and not from the back....

I also think to myself if I could get osprey gunners while using hardline and everyone could see me (I fear no UAV) btw imagine using assassin being invisible to mostly everything

I have a stinger as a secondary free pointstreak!

Like I said I am better than anyone who uses assassin as I face my fears head on and not hide

Thats awesome dude I like your way of thinking. I have a negative k/d, that means I am better than anyone with a positive one right?

Thats cool too that you dont shoot people in the back. How do you go about that, do you give the guy a warning shot if you see his backside, or do you just ignore him and go on your way.

dblesd

no, just quick reflex's...

people who think they are better than assassin users when they use other rewards is just stupid, to prove you're better, do private mnatch against all those people with no perks. guarantee they will still beat you.

people are way to reliant on the map, and not their eyes. if you think someone is using assassin, check your back every few seconds. if you get killed from behind when no UAV is up and they aint using assassin, you still suck.

I dont think, I am.better. no perks private match? Easier on my behalf. They wont be able to sneak behind you as well.

people are way to reliant on the map, and not their eyes People use their eyes to look at the map though o.o. the HUD is one of the most important parts on your screen. Why ignore a UAV thats in the air and go the opposite way? No one has eyes at the back of their COD character either.

If I had to check my back a few seconds all the time I wouldnt realize what is infront of me.

If you dont have assassin, you wont end up behind me UAV or not

Nope.

If anything Assassin could hinder you if you rush blindy with it.

I use it on 90% of my classes, but I never run ahead like a headless chicken.

tbh people always gonna moan about something. they moan about people using sound perks, stealth perks, rush perks. if its that much of an issue, remove perks then moan.

it is if you play HC if you dont have blind eye or assassin on you are screwed. just seems likee it. but even if you have it most of the time someone will find you due to cheating. but that is another topic.

QwertyBoredom

As I say i really don't get why people feel that the stealth perks are cheating, now this might just be because i was born the era of FPS games where the likes of a mini-map didn't exist so your only chance at winning was being faster and better than other players and using your eyes and map knowlge but there you go. Still yet again why is it that players will ***** about a assassin user shooting them in the back but not any other player.