34 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 10:25 AM by Phil.Blunts RSS

Tired of the lag comp + possible solution

Recreator
Batch to batch, I realize that other players have a great advantage over me, I have a conecxion of 50 mb and generally I tend to be today, however the lagcomp makes it hard for me to kill them,tired that occurred to me while I play using a torrent client and download any file at random to thereby worsen my connection and to be equal, this solution seems to work, but it seems really shameful that penalizes players more money using an internet connection and other conditions that may have a connection free or low cost have an advantage over me.

This goes against the game and possibly I and many others in the series regulars to waive COD and pass the competition, so I try toopen the eyes of the players and encourage them to leave the gameand switch to competition would be arranged online the current status of the MW3

A greeting from Spain with indignation and sorry for the bad translations, google does what he can and my English is not very acceptable.

• Re: Tired of the lag comp + possible solution
    maccabi

its people like you that are ruining the game by ignorance, you arent beating or making lag comp better you are ruining everyone elses game by doing what you are doing and its cheating. and that sort of action will get you banned from the game and platform as you are interfering with your connection to get an unfair advantage.

adsjones

i agree it is a form of cheating cos its goving you the advantage

maccabi you usually keep us updated with information regargind lag comp, new patches etc.

How is your experience recently? Like for match-making did they change to the old BO system? Do you have lag comp issues as badly as before?

maccabi

Army_of_COD wrote:

maccabi you usually keep us updated with information regargind lag comp, new patches etc.

How is your experience recently? Like for match-making did they change to the old BO system? Do you have lag comp issues as badly as before?

matchmaking changes are supposed to arrive start of may, currently the devs are going thru all the changes made to the netcode since mw2 to see if they spot anything..

part from that honestly i dont play mw3 any more its too annoying, at most i play maybe 20-30 mins of a clan op just to get eu4m bronze then quit .

Thanks macc, so let's see if BO2 will be playable or not.

I don't have much alternative at the moment, while I want to play with friends. But lost the excitement also, since the past 6 months there has been no proper solution provided! BO2 might be also be my last COD...

maccabi

Army_of_COD wrote:

Thanks macc, so let's see if BO2 will be playable or not.

I don't have much alternative at the moment, while I want to play with friends. But lost the excitement also, since the past 6 months there has been no proper solution provided! BO2 might be also be my last COD...

yeah same boat, mostly playing trails evo as everyone else has gotten addicted to me3, prolly going to pick up sniper elite next week (if you havent tried the demo do it..the killcams are freaking insane)  and the odd session on blops

maccabi wrote:

its people like you that are ruining the game by ignorance, you arent beating or making lag comp better you are ruining everyone elses game by doing what you are doing and its cheating. and that sort of action will get you banned from the game and platform as you are interfering with your connection to get an unfair advantage.

WTF are you on about.. i've read some bolloks from you in the past but my god you've out done yourself now.

Banned!! Cheating.. are you FKin kidding me. How can using your internet connection get you Banned or be considered cheating, does Activision pay for our internet subscription.. is there something in the game handbook that states when you play COD you must not use you internet for anything else or you will be BANNED>>  STFU you moron

Using your connection for other programs, tasks, services etc while playing COD should result in a poor gaming experiance.. not the other way around.

My god, and to think people on this forum actually listen to some off the stuff you have to say..

maccabi

willfal wrote:

maccabi wrote:

WTF are you on about.. i've read some bolloks from you in the past but my god you've out done yourself now.

Banned!! Cheating.. are you FKin kidding me. How can using your internet connection get you Banned or be considered cheating, does Activision pay for our internet subscription.. is there something in the game handbook that states when you play COD you must not use you internet for anything else or you will be BANNED>>  STFU you moron

Using your connection for other programs, tasks, services etc while playing COD should result in a poor gaming experiance.. not the other way around.

My god, and to think people on this forum actually listen to some off the stuff you have to say..

I would reply but i promised fox i wouldn't use certain words to describe certain people any more.

maccabi wrote:

willfal wrote:

maccabi wrote:

I would reply but i promised fox i wouldn't use certain words to describe certain people any more.

Thats a shame.. i was really looking forward to the dribble that would appear on this thread from you trying to defend your original statement..

maccabi

willfal wrote:

maccabi wrote:

willfal wrote:

maccabi wrote:

Thats a shame.. i was really looking forward to the dribble that would appear on this thread from you trying to defend your original statement..

See what you are suffering from is a clear case of tripping over your own ignorance ,and i dont mean ignorance in a personal insulting way mearly using the term in its rightful meaning as someone lacking the required level og knowledge on a subject to score (unsuccessfully) some points.

Basically to anyone other than you reading your reply which im sure resulted in you sniggering like some demented bad impersonation of beavis and butthead has result in nothing more than you doing the forum equivelent of shooting yourself in the foot and making yourself look like a completel and utter plum in the process.

Tell you what though why dont you go throttle your connection and post on here with your gt and let us report you..i mean if you're sooo sure it wont get you banned

Although i dont really see the need for stating the obvious ,but you obvious cant comprehend the obvious if it walked past you with a huge flashing neon sign saying "look at me im the obvious"   throttling has no ill affect on the other players in a lobby eh?

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205561118#205561118

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

mw3lag wrote:

So ghandi throttling effects the whole lobby right? And its hard to tell who is throttling because its not just people who are 2bar, it could be anyone 3 or 4bar. I barely pull host but i usually have 4bar most games, and i notice the issues talked about on this forum alot, instant death, bullets not registering, bullets flying round corners but what is weird is that im not host. I dont know if its because i play ground war only but the game plays horribly for me, some games bullets register perfectly but majority it takes me half clip to kill someone, and if i try to rush with smg i have no chance as it takes me way too much ammo to kill people with smg which is weird because i've seen people kill 3-4 bullets using MP7 whereas when i use MP7 i just get hitmarkers galore

You'll forgive me please if I don't go into too much detail on this topic for obvious reasons.

Depending upon the method employed throttling can affect the game experience for all if the person throttling is the host. Throttling does not guarantee non selection as host. It can also influence the fairness of encounters between opponents.

You are correct in your assumption that any barred player can be throttling.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

and lets see throttling your network to gain an unfair advantage wont get you banned .. hmm wonder what Ghandi said about that (Ghandi as im sure you are aware is one of the devs over in IW towers so i'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about in this respect.

well on this thread    http://community.callofduty.com/message/205414183#205414183

he said and I quote

Thank you gentlemen for discussing this subject so openly. Upload bandwidth throttling is a form of cheating, known as lag switching and contravenes the rules of the game.

Best,

G IH A IN ID II 

Sorry you were saying something?....

The OP said he was downloading a torrent file, you told him he would be banned as its a form of cheating... again i stress just how much off a moron you are by posting all these links and quotes that have bugger all to do with downloading anything....

In the 21st centaury our information and entertainment is Broadband based, how many players are on MW3 or any other title whilst there parents, partners, wifes etc are watching TV through On demand Services such as BT Vison, Netflix, Love film etc.. Ghandi can do bugger all against anyone using those services whilst playing MW3.. that's the users right.

PSN willfal6527.. regularly has kids and wife on Netflix, lovefilm etc whilst playing MW3... ohh and i even download the odd movie using Utorrent as well... does it make a difference to my gameplay... does it FK.. the game plays like bull.. my Internet connection is able to handle these things and so my family and i will continue to use them as we  want to... NOT when COD dictates.

maccabi

willfal wrote:

The OP said he was downloading a torrent file, you told him he would be banned as its a form of cheating... again i stress just how much off a moron you are by posting all these links and quotes that have bugger all to do with downloading anything....

trying to twist the statements now..

the op said he was downloading torrents solely to get an advantage thats cheating.

and obviously not as big a "moron" as you for claiming what i said was wrong and now dismissing the devs actually proving what i said was 100% correct.

end of discussion

That seems to be a grey area though. Unless someones admits their purpose is to help with the lag comp from CoD, downloading a lot of stuff while playing CoD shouldn't get you banned. And how can you get evidence besides someone admitting it? I do agree that it would be a form of cheating but its so grey that I don't see how bans can be handed out.

lukele

but isn't this exactly what lag comp is doing just from the other end its kind of a double standard little more than we can do it to you but you cant do it to you

Being that the compensation already acts like a lag switch, i don't see a difference. Except one really does help you (the latter) Which is why we hear of people with like, netgear routers dropping their connection to play better, which sounds rediculous, wouldn't you want full speed? Not on this game you dont. Might as well drop my high end internet and go for the cheap one if the game plays like this. I see guys in red or 2 bar yellow raping everyone at times being the leader at the top of the score.

btjustice

if he is cheating then so is the system, he is only giving himself a level playing field.

if he does nothing then he is punnished by the system. so then you can have easy kills. . if he has to do that to get a level playing field so be it.

its not his fault they cant get the lag comp right.and by the way its his internet if he wants to upload 20 vids at the same time thats up to him.

it sounds more like your upset you wont get your easy kills................

maccabi

btjustice wrote:

if he is cheating then so is the system, he is only giving himself a level playing field.

if he does nothing then he is punnished by the system. so then you can have easy kills. . if he has to do that to get a level playing field so be it.

its not his fault they cant get the lag comp right.and by the way its his internet if he wants to upload 20 vids at the same time thats up to him.

it sounds more like your upset you wont get your easy kills................

wow what an ignorant statement.

he isn't leveling the playing field he's delaying the free flow oif packets (updates) that isnt "beating" or "fixing" lag comp its manipulating his connection to gain an advantage at the detriment to other players.

All he is doing is bringing his connection down to the level the devs have programmed into the laggy game.  If it works for him, good.

I will believe a fix when I see it...  Dont think the devs really care to fix it as they have my money all ready.  Devs are catering to the slow internet that the casual gamer may have for more money in the long run since they will tell friends how great the game is....

Sooner or later everyone with higher internet will quit playing then the slower guys can have fun trying to be host for once.

Recreator

Cheating?? 

the game is to the advantage of other players, the online desigualandoand rewarding the worst connection.

Why I can not I take advantage of the same?

If some do not see is that you have bad connections, howeverincreasingly more hated UserN this disadvantage and reject the game,at least the good connection that these days are becoming more ...

And I'm Spanish

Bleak5170

It's funny how pretty much every week someone else "discovers" this solution, lol. And yes, TC while this does help you, it puts other people in the same match at a severe disadvantage. But then, you can't really blame people that much for trying to get around the poorly implemented lag comp system. It's pretty much a no-win situation.

btjustice

then the simple answer is everytime you are host dashboard, if people think it is cheating to upload a video before a game starts but stop it when the game starts, ( i think thats how it is), and i dont agree with cheating. then if the system is slowing you down, dashboard. i dont like it but people should not be punnished.

i have started doing it now everytime it puts me host. i pull out or dashboard if it was really bad.

but again how can it be cheating to throttle your own internet when the game already does it to you, or should i say some of us.when someone pays me to use my internet then they can tell me what to do untill pissoff. .

a better idea is to fix the game in the first place. then people would not be looking for silly ways to get an even playing field.

maccabi

btjustice wrote:

but again how can it be cheating to throttle your own internet when the game already does it to you, or should i say some of us.when someone pays me to use my internet then they can tell me what to do untill pissoff. .

that isnt true its a common misconception the game does not throttle your connection nor add latency or any other of the multitude of tinfoilhat theories people have when it comes to what lag comp actually does.

Lag compensation.. is that really what the problem is here?

Lag compensation sounds logical to me when you have players with a variety of connections.

Lag compensation should not be whats causing me to shoot an entire clip in the back of someone, just for him to turn around and hs me with a hipshot.

Something else is causing that, and it happens every time i am the host.

My guess is that the patch that caused this disadvantage for the host looks something like this:

HOST:

##RunScript HostFail xxx:

weapon damage -6

grenade damage -6

health -6

aim assist -3

#Enlarge head hit area +7

#Boost enemy aim assist on host +5

time dazed from flash/concussion +3sec

Speed/mobility -2

#Host fail probability 100% .xmbl##

Again.. just a wild guess.. but it would explain alot!

lukele

then how about you tell us how it works in simple terms packets in transference vectors and crud like that sounds more like one hiding the fact that they don't know behind intellectual talk

You make me spew ghostbrain !

If they add a local lock (optional to undo), so that pings don't go over 75 ping constantly, the game would run much better constantly.

Whatever this lag comp formula is. It doesnt work. Ive carried a k/d of over 2 for the past 5 call of duties. I would do this by run and gun. Now mw3 i have a 2.02 and only maintain it by camping time to time. I am not proud of this and really hate this play style. But in 90% of lobbies I get in now i cant win a face to face both standing shootout. I can be runnin quickdraw with an smg which i believe will create the fastest ads time and not get a shot off. If shots get off none in killcam. I run 10mbs from the midwest. Thought that was enough to game.

Jackal235

50 Mb down connection only tells you that you can download tons of stuff for for many devices attached to your network. So running torrent pretty much does nothing to the game.  When it comes to bandwith you can run this game on 2Mb/0.5Mb with no problem. The main factors are: the ping, how you're matched by MW3 server and later how the host transfer the data to/from you.

Snipingdbag

Gusta lo ajeno, mas por ajeno que por bueno.

I stopped throttling down my connection a long time ago right after I stopped playing this game on a regular basis (Activision can shove the DLCs). My method of throttling down was to set my PS3's QoS setting in the router to Low. I would still become host once in a while and got hammered as usual.

I've read some of the posts saying that this is some type of cheating. It's understandable to think this is some type of cheating. I have an argument that might not be as solid, but I'll still say it.

So back in Blops days I was literally force to start messing around with my router settings to have the game be at least playable. My method with Blops was to either DMZ my PS3, port forward all essential connections and/or set QoS to the highest priority to have the cleanest and most streamlined connection possible. I even went ahead and upgraded my modem, router and redid much of the coax cabling in my house (from RG-56 to RG-6) to have the best cable signals I could have. I would get host after 2 or 3 games and as expected I got hammered, but the regular games actually ran smooth. According to the general thinking this is perfectly ethical, right?

Well, MW3 comes along and I thought "cool! this game should run like MW2." Don't get me wrong I can care less about host advantage in MW2, because I would sometimes even leave a lobby because I felt my advantage was too much and it wasn't a challenge anymore. SO in MW3 I was forced yet again to start messing with my connection and was the complete opposite to blops. So I guess DMZ and port forwarding is a type of cheating because it gives me an advantage, right? I agree that throttling down does affect everyone else if I'm host, but I still get hammered and I usually leave.

In any case, I'm not a martyr and I'm not looking out for the greater gaming experience for my fellow FPS addicts with my hosting disadvantage. I am here to compete and willing to win, but if IW/SL/Activision want to put me in a disadvantage because of a clean connection then I have to work against it.

Anyways, that's my story. I still play this game once in a while but I'm currently enjoying BF3 a lot more (I'm not a damn fanboy for either franchise, look at my trophy set).