32 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 4:20 PM by pazuzu16 RSS

GAME IS MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!

I know i'm just an average player but DAM this is getting a bit much. I know about the lag comp and i've gotten use to playing with it but for the past week and a half this game has gotten worse. I don't play much (only 2+ days since it came out) my kdr has dropped form 2.00 to 1.13, i've lost 43 of the past 51 matches, but i'm a run & gun player and my accuracy is still 20.63%. How in the hell can this be?  Even the guys i know that play on XBOX are going through the same crap. Does any of you know if this is a wide spread problem and if they tend on doing something to fix it if it is?

• Re: FU**ING GAME IS MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!

dude its the same for me man, i didnt change anything in my game play and it seems like i cant win a gun battle anymore, my kdr drop a lil bit but still, i never go negative and now i can easely do and its really pissing me off!

You still play MW3??

Buy COD4, it's awesome.

juannadie

Yeah, definitely something is going on with the game.

Seems it's a widespread issue, seen so many topics about this since Collection 1 was released.

wridtrvlr

At most I hope to get 3-4 good games out of 10, which is really sad.  MW2 and BLOPS I never had a single issue and then this piece of shyte gets released. 

No point in going back and playing the older titles, they are all hacked to shyte, but you can still get some good matches in BLOPS.  Jumped on the other day and I was very surprised to see that it was easy to find a match (lots of people still playing) and the games I did land in were smooth, deaths and kills justifiable.  I just wonder what happened between MW2 and this...?

ValleyYeti

OR it could be that now the game has been out for 6 months and people are getting better and you are not. 

I swear, a bunch of whiners.

this is a game for fun.  if you aren't having any, then stop playing and leave it to those who are.

i hear viva pinata is a blast and there is no lag.  maybe you could try that.

wow! you are a genius!!....NOT! are you dumb or what....dude its not about whining just for the hell of it you idiot, its clearly a fact that something went wrong, that something is making the game harder to have legit kills, its maybe the last patch, its maybe the lag comp, its maybe that ppl camp more i dont know but something went wrong down the line, so your '' OR it could be that now the been as been out for 6 months and ppl are getting better and you are not '' comment is BS! in my clan i have 3 really good player #288 #247 and #22 in the world and if they are having the same problem something is wrong ok, maybe you are one of those that have crappy internet connection skipping all over the place not being able to get killed because of it and you think you are good lmao

ValleyYeti wrote:

OR it could be that now the game has been out for 6 months and people are getting better and you are not. 

I swear, a bunch of whiners.

this is a game for fun.  if you aren't having any, then stop playing and leave it to those who are.

i hear viva pinata is a blast and there is no lag.  maybe you could try that.

Sorry but like i said i'm use to playing with the lag comp and i'm use to having to empty a full clip to get the kill. there are times when i get shot and the person doesn't have me in their sights. i got killed an hour ago by a IMS that was inside of the building and i was outside and around the corner. so it's not that people are getting better and i'm not.

• Re: GAME IS MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!

It definitely started with the latest "patch". Before the patch, I would encounter 1 or 2 of the problems the game had, but still manage to come out with relatively decent games a bit of the time. (15+ kills each TDM, but now barely breaking 7-11. I'm also no pro at the game, but even some of the worst players can tell when something is horribly wrong.)

Now, though, it feels like every single match has me encountering ALL the problems ALL at once; horrible lag for me, great lag comp for opponents (and all the pros/cons with them), spawning horribly, the worst matchmaking, and so on. It doesn't help that I'm usually the one made the host when the match starts or picked to be it with a host migration either.

sennalike

Yep, something has been changed and it isn't just on PS3, the XBox users are making the same complaints.

The game is so inconsistent it is beyond belief.  My first game today I went 4-20, couldn't get a kill to save my life (no pun intended).  Same set of players and second game I went 27-5 and was getting two hit kills with an ACR!!!  I wasn't host, never am since I decided to keep the hard wire out and stay on wireless (being host sucks). 

In the past the game has had horrible lag and the host has been unplayable, they have tweaked something to try to resolve the issues but they have simply made it 10x worse.  I preferred having 8/10 reasonable games with the odd one spoiled by lag, now I have 8/10 spoiled with 2/10 where it's okay.  I think its going to be back to Skyrim until this is re-tweaked and fixed.

I play on ps3 and my roommate plays on Xbox. We both have the same problem you have. It has nothing with competition level going up. I almost check the lobby leaderboards before each match. I carry a K/D just over 2 now and it use to be way higher before the patch. I will get in lobbies with people with K/Ds of 4 and higher and crush them run and gun. Then other lobbies get my ass handed instant deaths, bullets around corners, shot or stab by people with their backs to me. Then check the leaderboards and the next best guy in the room has a K/D of 0.5. It has really ruined the game cause basically your fate is decided at the beginng of the match when the decide how to sync all the players. Its worse than ever and usually isnt in my favor. Bottom line is all skill is thrown out the window and winners are now determined before the match starts. Then if there is a host change in the middle of the match is best proof. This guy was runnin around with a striker and was 12-0 i was prolly 6 of his kills. Couldnt even get a hitmarker on him just istant death. Then host change occured with about 5 minutes left. I crushed him everytime after he ended the game 12-20. Like i said no skill just your connection now.

rankismet

pazuzu16 wrote:

GAME IS MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!

Keep a barf bag handy?

Perkadelic

you have to admit, part of the problem is now that the new maps have been integrated into the standard playlists, the better players that were strictly elite have come back to wreak havoc. it's not just the lag, it's being outskilled (i'm saying this as someone who's k/d has dropped significantly since the dlc).

Glenrose

I dont think it has anything to do with the new maps coming on.  Ive been elite since the beginning and stayed on the elite playlist to play the new maps so im used to the players.  But over the past week I have dropped also and dont know why.  Its not a great drop,  but thats only because of how many kills I carry, so its hard for it to change that much.  I dont know what happened,  but someone needs to figure it out pretty quick.

nazerr

I worked my K/D from 0.70 to 1.20, that's alot of work. Now it's 1.19, hardly a dramatic decrease, but still it isn't going any higher. When i first started playing MW3 i was rubbish, i just couldn't adapt from MW2, but eventually i did and like i said , i worked on my K/D. I have just under 100,000 kills, so that would be my reason for K/D not increasing. But back to topic, i haven't recently been playing that well in MW3, so i end up either rage quitting or just gettng my MSR out and quickscoping, i've even gone back to MW2, 3 nukes in 2 days, didn't even try to get the second nuke lol. Maybe it's just because i'm bored of the game and i'm not trying as hard as i was when i was working on my K/D...

mischaelite

I have had no problems with it at all and I have played 4-6 hours a day since its release. I´m on PS3 though with the standard Swedish 200 MB/s connection.

I quit prestiging @ lvl 9 (same as I always do) and are now working on my guns and KDR. If I played as little as you I might have these problems as well. Those who stick around after 3-4 months are the die hard fans mostly (although some came back now that the 4 new maps are in rotation and aviable for non-elite players).

I´d say 80% of the n00bs and casuals will be gone come summertime with its long days and pleasant nights and will not return until "Betreyarc" decides to f**k us up again at the end of the year.

Yeah this game is seriously taking the piss. I get about 4 decent games out of about 15.

My KD has dropped from 2.60 to 1.92, (Not like I care) However I can never seem to win a gun battle with another player anymore. I can shoot someone 15 times and still be killed in 2 shots by them. And when I do get a kill someone spawns right behind me!

It's noticable when I do get good games because Hit detection works fine, Kills and deaths are fair, I dont need to shoot someone 15 times to get the kills either, Overally the game just seems smoother.

zvers

Dude, you tagged yourself as a 'Helpful Answer'. Yes, I have experienced tis too but it's not that bad. I play wireless on my PS3 even though my router is right through a wall. Do you live near a large city? Population of players in your area might be making you connect to people in Central America....

Played a private match with only 3 people, from the same country. Ping should be no more than 30ms, but one guy had 300ms lag advantage.