18 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 10:05 AM by ERROR_6_ RSS

Rage?? WHY?

I Do not understand why people take it so personal if they DIE!! its a shooting game, it Will Happen! I understand that people play cheap Ie. spawn trapping* however, why stay in the game? quit the match and go to a more desirable game. Why hurt your stats because a couple crews do not know how to play with skill, or the objective? People put too much of their ego in the game, and tend to forget that its just a game.. Your thoughts?

• Re: Rage?? WHY?
    Izjar11

I agree that raging and quitting is a lame excuse to leave a game. Even when chucked into a losing game I will stay and fight. The way I see it is I find people who quit matches annoying so I will not do it.

Im saying like if its a legit game, yeah of course stay win or lose, but I will leave for spawn trapping, mainly because 90% of the time your team will not win the game anyway, and allyour doing is hurting your stats and making their stats better. There is no way to battle spawn trapping other then leaving the game. But on the topic of Rage. why rage about it? Why get so mad from a game? calling me a name is not going to make me or anyone else play differently, they will not just die so you get the kill, some people are good, and some people are not, its the way it is sometimes you win, sometimes you lose... Right?

I take a quick spectate when I'm put into a game already in session. If I see the score is my potential team being 800-1200 and the opposing team 3000-5000+ (and climbing every 2-4 seconds) and they have a UAV(s), an Attack Helicopter, Reaper, and/or AC-130 in the air, forget it, I'm not going to bother and get out there.

Unfortunately, given all the many rage quitters, these are CONSTANTLY the types of games I'm thrown into...

Good point, I also tend to spectate at first before going into a game. If I see attack helicopters and spawn trapping, i wont bother

And the stupid part is is that it STILL counts as a loss to you if you leave, hence my W/L ratio is horrid. It should not count as a loss unless you actually ENTER the game by first choosing a class, then if you willingly leave AFTER, it should count as a loss. =\

Basically, if you leave in any capacity besides dashboarding on the 360 or something, it counts as a loss to you, even if it's because of a server time out, connection loss, host migration failure, etc last I heard.

wikked75

but you are gonna take the loss anyways... what's the difference if you just stay it out? not judging, i'm just a little confused as to why people even bother doing that. i understand dashboarders... not condoning it, but i see why they do it... they're too obsessed with their w/l or kdr to take the loss or bad game.

but if i am put in a game that my team is getting their as*es handed to them, me leaving the game is not gonna make a difference to me or to them. and usually the other team isn't that good, and i can get a few kills, listen to them brag in the lobby afterwards, and maybe make them look foolish the next game.

The point is not totally the loss, a good example is spawn trapping. if you get in the game and a crew is spawn trapping.. your not going to get any kills, your just going to hurt your stats, AND lose. so why stay in the game if the opponents do not want to play the objective.. just leave. thats the only way to piss them off as well

I'll take a win above a 5-1 k/d if that means the 1 on 1 game was actually fair. Most these games are unfair, raging is only natural if you get served shi-t, why eat it?

<<< Guilty.  I've gotten into the habit of quitting games so often that I left a game last night when I was only trying to change my class.  I'm just so used to bailing on a game when things seem off that I hit circle-up-X in a flash and I'm out of there.  I know...I suck.

Thesandman

Well i most certainly quit if the game i join is all but over and im on the losing team. You get the loss anyway so why stay?

Bleak5170

I only rage when the game screws me over. If someone's better than me or they get the drop on me, I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's when I walk up behind someone crouched at a flag and put 5 Striker shots in the back of the head, and he calmly turns an insta-kills me, that I rage. I cannot stand it when the connection takes all skill out of the equation.

You run into these players every now and then - they are bullet sponges simply because of their connection. Yet they are oblivious to this and just think they are beastly at COD and wonder why everyone dies so easily.

the_oz

This ^^^

The lag in this game seems to happen way too often and be way too unfair.

I have noticed it both for and against me.

I get sick of seeing killcams not showing me shoot the guy in chest 5 times, once in the head and THEN knife him only to see me shoot the first bullet then die. 

I have also noticed that in games when I a seem to be on the positive side of the lag issue players RUNNING into me and bouncing off of me, then knifing me.  They seem to think they are much farther away before they run into me.

It is amazing to me how often people scream when I kill them, it has to be like 90%, and I'm not that good.  They are just having the same lag issue I was having the game before.  There seems to be WAY more rage with kills in this game.  The constant and extended lag seems to induce it.

i agree with error if i get put in a game that just isnt going to turn into a win ill just leave ur getting a loss n e way and Izjar i can tell u have never been in a game of spawn trapping and i/we dont mean like a dom game where the other team gets A and B so u spawn near or around C in a demo game where the other team is just aiming at the one spot u will spawn and just killing you b4 u can even move or realized u spawned ppl who dont leave those games are just retarded and are probably boosting with the other team because idk y sum1 would stay

I was playing some Drop Zone last night and some party was yelling that I was cheating/hacking because i was getting 20+ kills. The main guy was a prestige 11 too. After every match I would go like 20+ kills and like 15 or so deaths. They would all ***** or be like "I guess he's just amazing or whatever" Seriously? It's not THAT hard to go over 20 kills in dropzone. Most of their scores were like 6-15, 12-28, etc. Granted they won a lot of the games because my team wouldn't go for the drop zone, but I was always on top with the most points.

Its easy to  gripe at the game, Ive been guilty of it myself. the fact of the matter is you do not have to put so much red tape and politics on the game. learning the flaws of the game and using them to your advantage (spawn trapping) PLAY THE GAME! dont be a douche. getting a Moab from Spawn trapping does not make you good, nor did you actually earn it. If your in a clan, play against  others in a clan and be "the man" if your really that good. or if you are just going to play against randoms, play the objective.. but dont cause out the one good player in the group of randoms that kill whores and ruins your chance of a moab, You didnt deserve it anyway

I used to rage quit a lot but have stopped now, even if i'm doing crap. might as well get the bonus points after the match. i've noticed i get more if i do crap sometimes, what's that all about.

I usually spectate before joining games that have started, and only join games if there's more than a couple of mins left. Hate it when it puts me in games that have just finished though, just to show me the scoreboard.

nazerr

You no doubt take the places of people who switch off to avoid a loss. TBH i wish stats weren't in this game. Challenges are my main reason for playing, nothing to earn = no fun. ( My opinion)