22 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 10:12 AM by codcanuck RSS

Should I get mw3 for the wii?

Hello everybody, thanks for your time for reading my post, it means alot to me. Now my question is: Should I get mw3 for the wii?                                  I am asking this becuase Im about 60-40 on if I should get mw3 for the wii. The only CoD I have for the wii is w@w. I loved it, was alot of un with soo many glitches that never got patched. But the hackers werent all that fun. But how is CoD on the wii these days? Is it fun again? Decrease in modders/glitchers? And if I do get it I need friends to play with. So, please tell how CoD on the wii has changed and if I should invest my money on getting it for the wii. *I am already getting it for the xbox360* Again, thanks for your time.

• Should I get mw3 for the wii?

well call of duty has changed over the years MWR was really amazing but Black ops topped it but got boring quickly(lasted about 7months for me. but i prestiege really quick) and Mw3 is gonna be better then MWR so yes pre order it and get it why not? and how come you never got BO or MWR? they were both great

• Re: Should I get mw3 for the wii?
    porkins:d

Well I hate to sound like an grASS, but why would you buy it on both console? :/ Seems wasteful to me, but anyhows Wii have no idea how this game will be on Wii. We'll only know when it's released and fingers crossed it's better than Black Ops and MWR. For an answer to your question MWR>WaW (both Wii versions compared) and IMO MWR>Ops. Your decision, your money I'm not a financial adviser.

Well you have to take several things into factor. When buying wii version you must know its going to be stripped down. But not as much as world at war was. Let me get you up to date on how the latest wii COD was. Black ops was the closest port of any of the cods we've gotten. Im going to list notable differences and accomplishments that happend on black ops

1. We got all starting multiplayer maps this time around unlike any of previous CODS on wii . (a couple of SLIGHT modifications on some maps but nothing very noticable other than on the map "havana" in which they actually shrunk the whole thing down)

2. We got zombies for first time, (this proves they really are trying to step up there game with the wii CODS) but we only received kino der toten. The reasons for not receiving "five" is not known. We were supposedly going to receive it on dlc which never happend (i will discuss what happend regarding to dlc later on)

3. we had 5v5 mp which beats WAW's 4v4

4. full campaign. All missions included (although they had a couple of small differences in a mission or 2)

5. Received patched for first time! BUT they accidentally unpatched a couple of zombie glitches that they already had patched and failed to ever patch them up again. also we stopped getting patches after march (come on guys mays "patch" did NOTHING.) Even though ps360 kept getting helpful updates.

6. We ALMOST received dlc for first time ever. In instruction booklet it clearly stated we would be receiving "additional content" which we could purchase using nintendo points. Sadly. 8 months after the first dlc was released, wii still has not received one measley map. not even the zombie map that actually was included in the ps360 disk when it came out, "five". It is rumored that they did start on wii dlc and maybe even completed the first dlc pack "first strike"  but were unable to release it due to an unconfirmed "dispute" between nintendo and activision on the "black ops breaking wiis" problem. BUT an activision official has "confirmed" wii will be included in the COD elite program which will mean we will be getting dlc this time around with mw3 (unless of course this activision employee didnt know what he was talking about).

7. Wii COD for the first time ever had in game voice chat!!! Yep treyarch went the extra mile of convincing nintendo to let them get a headset made for wii. It worked fine and only costed 20-25$ new.

8. LAG SHOOTING "FIXED". Yep thats right, that horrible lag shooting went bye bye with the release of black ops and was replaced with "host lag". Which basically makes it to where if you are hosting the match you have really crappy connection. but all other players generally are gonna not have to deal with much lag.

9. The graphics have definately improved from world at war/ MWR but not to a point as to where your gonna say "holy crap wii actually looks good!" If world at war was a 6.5 in graphics then black ops is a 7.5-8.5.

10. For first time EVER ON WII the "friend code" system has been beaten! It has been replaced with an "ally system" that allows you to add any random beast that you just played with that you want on your friends list. Its as simple as clicking on there name and pressing the "send ally request" button. this system is actually much deeper then what i described but i dont wanna have to explain it.

11. We didnt get 3 killstreaks including gunship, chopper gunner, and valkyrie rockets. No killcam either. also we didnt get a few small things like face paint and a piece of equipment or 2 but nothing to noticable. and lastly but definately noticable we didnt receive the new "theatre mode".

ok so basically i just gave the whole evolution of COD on wii. We dont know whats in store for us this year with MW3 but i am hoping for all maps and all weapons. Im sure sometime soon we will get information on what exactly wii mw3 will have on it. also i will not buy the game  if we dont get the new survival mode.

Should you buy the game? if your going to buy it on 360 then just play on 360. But if you like wii cause its more fun with the motion controls and such then definately look into buying it, I suggest that if you want to get both you should get mw3 on 360 first and once you get bored of it buy it on wii to give you something fresh with those motion controls. To tell you the truth i think the wii version is close enough these days to justify buying it on wii and no other console. especially now knowing that wii is getting the dlc's. your call man but read over those updates i gave you a couple times to see if its close enough for you.

We also had customizable killstreaks for the first time

I don't think the Activision employee knew what he was talking about :/ Unfortunately Wii is not available for Elite. Or at least not yet, may have to wait for the full version to be released. But we can't even link our Wii accounts to our profiles on the COD website so I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up. Let me know if you've heard any news on it, I haven't looked around for any new info lately.

bitterbub

silentwaffle wrote:

Well you have to take several things into factor. When buying wii version you must know its going to be stripped down. But not as much as world at war was. Let me get you up to date on how the latest wii COD was. Black ops was the closest port of any of the cods we've gotten. Im going to list notable differences and accomplishments that happend on black ops

1. We got all starting multiplayer maps this time around unlike any of previous CODS on wii . (a couple of SLIGHT modifications on some maps but nothing very noticable other than on the map "havana" in which they actually shrunk the whole thing down)

2. We got zombies for first time, (this proves they really are trying to step up there game with the wii CODS) but we only received kino der toten. The reasons for not receiving "five" is not known. We were supposedly going to receive it on dlc which never happend (i will discuss what happend regarding to dlc later on)

3. we had 5v5 mp which beats WAW's 4v4

4. full campaign. All missions included (although they had a couple of small differences in a mission or 2)

5. Received patched for first time! BUT they accidentally unpatched a couple of zombie glitches that they already had patched and failed to ever patch them up again. also we stopped getting patches after march (come on guys mays "patch" did NOTHING.) Even though ps360 kept getting helpful updates.

6. We ALMOST received dlc for first time ever. In instruction booklet it clearly stated we would be receiving "additional content" which we could purchase using nintendo points. Sadly. 8 months after the first dlc was released, wii still has not received one measley map. not even the zombie map that actually was included in the ps360 disk when it came out, "five". It is rumored that they did start on wii dlc and maybe even completed the first dlc pack "first strike"  but were unable to release it due to an unconfirmed "dispute" between nintendo and activision on the "black ops breaking wiis" problem. BUT an activision official has "confirmed" wii will be included in the COD elite program which will mean we will be getting dlc this time around with mw3 (unless of course this activision employee didnt know what he was talking about).

7. Wii COD for the first time ever had in game voice chat!!! Yep treyarch went the extra mile of convincing nintendo to let them get a headset made for wii. It worked fine and only costed 20-25$ new.

8. LAG SHOOTING "FIXED". Yep thats right, that horrible lag shooting went bye bye with the release of black ops and was replaced with "host lag". Which basically makes it to where if you are hosting the match you have really crappy connection. but all other players generally are gonna not have to deal with much lag.

9. The graphics have definately improved from world at war/ MWR but not to a point as to where your gonna say "holy crap wii actually looks good!" If world at war was a 6.5 in graphics then black ops is a 7.5-8.5.

10. For first time EVER ON WII the "friend code" system has been beaten! It has been replaced with an "ally system" that allows you to add any random beast that you just played with that you want on your friends list. Its as simple as clicking on there name and pressing the "send ally request" button. this system is actually much deeper then what i described but i dont wanna have to explain it.

11. We didnt get 3 killstreaks including gunship, chopper gunner, and valkyrie rockets. No killcam either. also we didnt get a few small things like face paint and a piece of equipment or 2 but nothing to noticable. and lastly but definately noticable we didnt receive the new "theatre mode".

ok so basically i just gave the whole evolution of COD on wii. We dont know whats in store for us this year with MW3 but i am hoping for all maps and all weapons. Im sure sometime soon we will get information on what exactly wii mw3 will have on it. also i will not buy the game  if we dont get the new survival mode.

Should you buy the game? if your going to buy it on 360 then just play on 360. But if you like wii cause its more fun with the motion controls and such then definately look into buying it, I suggest that if you want to get both you should get mw3 on 360 first and once you get bored of it buy it on wii to give you something fresh with those motion controls. To tell you the truth i think the wii version is close enough these days to justify buying it on wii and no other console. especially now knowing that wii is getting the dlc's. your call man but read over those updates i gave you a couple times to see if its close enough for you.

To the underlined section (In last paragraph):

Where did you get such information that states the Wii is getting DLC?  I really want to believe this, but I want some proof on this.

Thanks @silentwaffle. I believe you have gotten me the excitment to get mw3 for the wii. But in like March, when I do get bored of the 360 mw3. Thanks for everything.

NAPALM STRIKE!!! 

Dont even waste your time on the Wii anymore Nintendo obviously doesnt want to make money seeing that COD is the best selling game on this system

We got a section for BO2, so we are getting it for the Wii.

infinitlag

How would you find this. ITS SO OLD!

padiego

Increase in modders/glitchers, barely any support at all, the game itself sucks.....Don't get it. Don't even get it for the xbox 360. Burning your money is a better way to get rid of it than to spend it in the atrocity that is called MW3. I suggest Black Ops for wii. Its the best CoD title on the wii so far.

codcanuck

Go with Treyarch