47 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 8:20 AM by AngryDave RSS

I kind of fixed my lag

Just by switching to an old 32inch big silver TV, there is quite a noticeable difference compared to my supposedly better for gaming HD TV, the game just runs and feels a lot smoother and don't get as many of those walk round the corner instant death from guy in front of you moments, don't get me wrong I miss the HD graphics but it just feels as though cod was meant for this TV even with the super high contrast setting I have to put up with since I have no idea where the remote is

Anyhow if you'd like to find out if your HD TV is giving you some sort of delay lag that you think is Internet lag like I did try an old style TV for a few days and you will know for sure if its the TV your using or just the game and connection.

• Re: I kind of fixed my lag

Total BS

Ive read it all now! lol

When will everyone stop with this lag crap and bringing up all sorts of excuses for poor gameplay...

I run a 5 year old plasma and i never get lag (except a little when someone pulls host with dail up speeds)

This is a ridiculous statment that needs ignored indefinatly....

REALLY PEOPLE!!!

you are the one with poor Internet ! You are always on the good site of lag Comp.

And also an HDTV can lag - google "input lag".

xbevz

bigbangbazinga wrote:

Total BS

Ive read it all now! lol

When will everyone stop with this lag crap and bringing up all sorts of excuses for poor gameplay...

I run a 5 year old plasma and i never get lag (except a little when someone pulls host with dail up speeds)

This is a ridiculous statment that needs ignored indefinatly....

REALLY PEOPLE!!!

Maybe you should read up on input lag, it can affect some tv's not so much for normal use but certainly for gaming.

Now that is just ignorant, I don't have that problem so no one else can...

TheRandyNinja

there two diffrent things to fix input lag on a hd tv in your menu set input mode of hdmi to dvi pc (some times if you use your hdmi input 1 this will result in no sound so use the second hdmi port) once it has been put into dvi pc enable game mode this will cut out input lag produce by the image processing done by the tv.

xbevz

CRA1G1690 wrote:

Just by switching to an old 32inch big silver TV, there is quite a noticeable difference compared to my supposedly better for gaming HD TV, the game just runs and feels a lot smoother and don't get as many of those walk round the corner instant death from guy in front of you moments, don't get me wrong I miss the HD graphics but it just feels as though cod was meant for this TV even with the super high contrast setting I have to put up with since I have no idea where the remote is

Anyhow if you'd like to find out if your HD TV is giving you some sort of delay lag that you think is Internet lag like I did try an old style TV for a few days and you will know for sure if its the TV your using or just the game and connection.

Has your TV got a gaming mode?? If it does I'd recommend trying it to see if it makes a difference.

Really?...I have nearly 900 posts and you think ive never come across this "excuse" before?

wawoo everyone seems to think they know it all...

Ive read all this before and the lag you's are talking about is miniscule! its sumit like 0.1 ms-1ms...

Dont go calling me out on things you yourself have no idea about...

So what, you have had a few good games that have run smoothly but thats no proof that it actually helps dramatically!

You probably still have the usual slight lag but the fuzzy graphics are hiding it for you so now you feel its all better now...

this is a complete joke and has been discussed before countless times..

I feel as though it makes a difference for me and I was hoping I may be able to help people out and also why do you care about this so much? you stressed? lol

just sick of people claiming nonsense on here when its their own gameplay that hampers them and its nothing to do with the game...

I have fantastic broadband...it gets grade A marks- 0 jitter- 0packet loss 50ish ping to most areas and I run an expensive HDTV and have never EVER had the problems that people talk about,, but they still stand by all this nonsense about lag comp, input lag etc...when will it stop!!!!

I know gamers with terrible internet they have admitted and the game is unplayable for them but everyone on here says that should mean he is untouchable in game and now people are starting this "old tv" crap which is utter garbage im sorry to say...

Its an optical illusion as the old RGB signals cant show the game fast enough to see the laggy moments...it makes no difference

Eqvvs

Sounds like you experience the same MW3 as my brother!, also thinks lag doesn't exist he runs around totaly smoothly and completely oblivious to the PAIN a lot of us suffer!!

We live in the same town, play on equivalent consloes what is the difference...... I have a 60mb fibre optic connection hard wired..... he has a 7mb adsl connection run wirelessly.  

Well how would you feel if  itold you that my brother has one of the best isp available, fibre optic all stats are crazy good and ive played on it and it is fantastic!

mine broadband is great as well but its not as high as his and his is just that bit smoother and better...so all this lag talk really gets my back up...

its a condition i need to get help for lol....

why do you calibrate your gutiar in guitar hero again?

Rednecksniper39

I hope that you do realize that some people do have serious problems with lag comp. Even ones with good Internet. I strongly encourage you too see through you ignorant view of "I have no problems so no one else can." I also recommend you watch this video:

Dicemann

bigbangbazinga wrote:

Ive read all this before and the lag you's are talking about is miniscule! its sumit like 0.1 ms-1ms...

Did you pull that figure out of fresh air, here's a quote from a tech site for you..

• Class 1) Less than 16ms / 1 frame lag - should be fine for gamers, even at high levels
      • Class 2) A lag of 16 - 32ms / One to two frames - moderate lag but should be fine for many gamers
      • Class 3) A lag of more than 32ms / more than 2 frames - Some noticeable lag in daily usage, not suitable for high end gaming

Yeah hes really good at pulling things from fresh air, example: me saying "kind of helps" and is "quite noticeable" is me saying it gives me a drastic improvement, well according to him.

nope...it was discussed about a month ago on here and alot of people that knew what they were talking about made the threads invalid...

Im not going to argue this point but ill let them see this thread and let them tell everyone ONCE again that its not worth losing the extra resolution for that tiny amount of input lag you diminish..

I would rather see an enemy a few ms delayed than to see a bunch of fuzzy pixels thanks...

Btw just because you grab that info off some site doesnt mean that everyone could be saving themselves 32ms...that is the max i see, and cod runs at 60frames per second so 2 frames in a seconds worth of info entering your eyes extemely un-noticable if at all...

Cant even believe ive said as much as i have lol,

end

You are absolutely correct. I have a 42 inch LED Blah blah blah. GREAT picture and great quality. It experiences some lag when it comes to games, ALL do. ( widescreen) That is why you play guitar hero and calibrate your guitar to compensate lag. I have a 22 inch gaming monitor that plays beautifuly, but my old 32 inch tube TV is the best. Screen is more compressed thus fells less laggy. Still maybe, but less noticeable, Anyone who debates this is in denial.

Dicemann

And the Tech site I got it off don't?? Sure there are people on here that know what there talking about, I'll not dispute that, but you pulled your figure out of nowhere.

If you actually read Class 3 it says more than 32, not max.

I "pulled" my figure from a thread that was discussed a while back...but still people want to try absolutly everything they can for that tiny advantage dont they!

You really think a million cod gamers are going to go back to an old CRT screen after all this time!!!

This is a joke people GET REAL

Bigbang you got issues, this isn't an argument thread, I don't care what's proven and what's not but one thing I know for sure is it helps me and I'm a firm believer in every little helps, placebo effect or not I find this to help and shared, really don't understand why it bothers you so much, so much that you have to go get other people involved, grow up.

Im glad for your discovery...i really am...but im here trying to get people to get real and stop them ripping their set up appart and plonking down an TV from 1990...

I would gladly place a bet that you go back to your old tv (if you havent already) after a week of sore strained eyes and headaches...

MW3 was not designed to be played in SD and you dont have hardly any advantage if any at all...

Ps how am i getting people on my side? everyone here thinks im in denial and need help?

xbevz

bigbangbazinga wrote:

Really?...I have nearly 900 posts and you think ive never come across this "excuse" before.

It's not an excuse for all, just because you have no issues doesn't mean they don't exist for others.

Southend_boi

Bigbang has problems o_O

I switched from my Vizio 32 inch Lcd tv and got a Asus vh236h monitor and i notice a huge difference. i cant even play on my larger flat screen tvs because its seems a bit slow, clunky and matrix like... got about 3flat screens and i cant play on none of them.

i went from breaking even to 50+ kills a game

Lcd screens are the worst screens to play on!

Plasma is smooth and clear with very little input lag...

I dont believe for 1 ms that you can improve that much by changing screens..

and i know i have a problem...a problem with BS...it stinks

xbevz

bigbangbazinga wrote:

and i know i have a problem...a problem with BS...it stinks

Dogs smell their own dirt first.

Lcd are the worst for input lag especially the LED ones.

Yea ive played on both LCD and plasma and plasma is far far better...

everyone should get plasma screens instead of baby monitors  lol

Yes so lets point out some facts of this post. and some replies Especially from the oppostion . Maybe we can make some sense here and maybe point out some bias.

1) Just by switching to an old 32inch big silver TV, there is quite a noticeable difference compared to my supposedly better for gaming HD TV, the game just runs and feels a lot smoother and don't get as many of those walk round the corner instant death from guy in front of you moments, don't get me wrong I miss the HD graphics.

Big bang rebuttal:

Total BS

Ive read it all now! lol

Later on:

MY POINT- It is NOT BS. You obviously have a TV that has little input lag. With your constant persistance, you are showing that THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. You just talked yourself out of everything you  ***tried*** to prove. Next time just put this

This way you sound like you know what your talking about. Getting deeper into what you ***tried*** to say was worthless. You just put your foot in your mouth. It is not BS. These people that post about TVs are not crazy. Stop being bias or get out the little box that is precieved as " only YOUR world"

End.

Shut down.

You cant have read all my posts and thats fine...if you did though you would see that i was trying to save people switching Tv's as they will go back to their new ones when they realise it doesnt make that much difference and the cons out weigh the pros....

But I dont care now as you can do whatever you want...

noone wants to listen to anyone on here anyways and if they do discover im right they would never come back on here and say so...

good luck with your old TV's people and hope you's have fun looking at a fuzzy mess

zvers

Where did you get LED now???? Links please, I just bought a new TV.....make this thread helpful not a bunch of whiney girls fighting over the last Barbie doll in the store!

I would take your brand new tv back and get a refund mate!

According to everyone here you will do 3 times better with an old pixely screen from 1999...

This thread just shows the mentality of the CoD community...Noone understands the logical solution and if they get a sniff of trying to improve there K/D even slightly they are willing to play on fuzzy old screen which will lead to headaches...

Go old skool people, its the in thing now

3 times better, where you get that one from? You really do know your stuff or are just pullling thing from fresh air again and the fuzzy eyes lol people used these TV's for years with no problems and it looks like you really are clutching at straws here, bet this is what you thought to yourself "cant win the first argument because I, yeah me, proved myself wrong which was pretty dumb of me so I know what to do, lets change it into a medicinal argument" haha get real.

zvers

Well, I bought a Samsung LED 40' 6000 series a little over a week ago. I have experienced some good and bad nights. Last night it ran fine. One thing I wanted to ask about the input lag, can you test this in the lobby by switching between sub menu's quickly to see if the latency exists? I know you get latency no matter what in the challenges section.....just a thought.

AngryDave

If lag comp/host lag etc is a figment of peoples imaginations and an excuse for bad gameplay, how come I can tell straight away when I am host even when I don't watch the game load up?

How come I can tell to within about 95% accuracy who is on a 3 bar, just by getting shot at by them?

How come I get hit-markers from .50cal chest shots against 3 bar players only?

How come I die constantly when miles behind cover?

How come I kill some people in 1-3 bullets (on target with hit-markers) and others take 3-6?

BECAUSE the inbuilt mechanisms of this game don't work properly for everyone!

Having said that I'm also not sure that 'input lag' on tv's makes more than a minimal difference to peoples experience and I certainly wouldn't buy a new one expecting any difference. Also 'gaming mode' on tv's seems to do very little other than ruin the colours...

Oh and deliberately annoying people who are trying to help each other with an issue you don't seem to have but they do, is the behaviour of a deformed phallus by the way - just don't post in the threads!

£2300 Sony 46inch Bravia from 2007. Always breaking even at best

£120 Benq 24 inch monitor. Hardly ever go negative and most matches KD 3.1

SheSaidNo

I never thought to check my HDMI settings on my TV.  I'm not even sure I know how. But thanks for the tip. 

CowboySr

Regardless of what any of the disbelievers may think, TVs can lag. Its doesnt take much to make a difference in a one on one gun fight.  Thats why Im still playing on my 40" HD Sony Trinitron that has the benefit of still having the best graphics and the speed of a tube tv

I played on a 27 inch LCD for about 3 months and would average 40+ kills.... moved in with my girl and now play on a 42inch LG LCD that has some of the lowest rated input lag cause i researched it and I never do as good. And if you notice all the MLG tournament players play on 27 to 32 inch lcd's. For some reason the smaller tv's have very minimal lag and i think it is cause the processor in the TV doesnt have as big of a screen to display the image therefor allowing it to react faster

Not if the person isn't where you're shooting