1 2 3 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 9:30 AM by rankismet RSS

Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?

rankismet

If you play HC like me... you hate the team killer... not the random friendly fire death...

... but the kid that just kills you to kill you because that's how he gets his jollies.

• BO was 3 TK and then kicked.
    • MW3 was ricochet.

Personally... I want 3 TK's and you're gone (and kills with streaks to not count).

I'll take something new.

I don't want anything to do with the Core plus that was ricochet.

What do you want in BO2?

• 1. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    tallowby

I like the 3 kick system but modified, let the other members of the party vote to kick or keep at that point.

Majority and booted

Get rid of Ricochet!

• 2. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    maccabi

3tk and good bye

• 3. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    tallowby

I play with a group and accidents do happen. There needs to be a way to keep a group together under these circumstances. In the end this will speed up match making.

Why, because the 3 TK boot causes these groups to back out after a match to regroup in so doing slowing match making for them and those left in the room they were in.

Players that always play alone will disagree for the oposite reason. It is easier for them to do well if a group is broken up. This is the flaw to the 3 TK boot system.

So the 3 TK and a vote to boot by the group is the best option.

• 4. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    rankismet

tallowby wrote:

I play with a group and accidents do happen. There needs to be a way to keep a group together under these circumstances. In the end this will speed up match making.

Why, because the 3 TK boot causes these groups to back out after a match to regroup in so doing slowing match making for them and those left in the room they were in.

Players that always play alone will disagree for the oposite reason. It is easier for them to do well if a group is broken up. This is the flaw to the 3 TK boot system.

I get the party point... I always play with a party.

... but I'll take less than ideal with friendly fire on versus what is HC in MW3.

• 5. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    TL_Bare_B_V2

HC is my main hunting ground and personally I would prefer a voting system a little like CoD3 "forgive or punish" 3 punishes and your out, If I was team killed and the other player apologised or I saw it was an accident I'd have no problem forgiving that player.

If the only options are ricochet or 3TK I'd have to go for 3TK, ricochet just isn't HC.

• 6. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?

Personally, I think both are a bad idea. Let me explain why..........................The reason that getting kicked when you teamkill is bad is because there are people in this community that are very immature. People will trap you in corners and the only way to get out is by teamkilling them; or people will purposly walk in front of you when you are shooting (especially when I am sniping, this irrates the crap out of me). Same goes for Ricochet, why should I be punished because my teamate decided to purposely walk in front of me which results in me getting killed.....................Same for getting kicked: why should I get kicked because my teamate decided to be a jerk?...................I hate the ideas of ricochet and getting kicked......................................................................... ........................................May I add a suggestion? (The follwoing ideas can be considered "SOMETHING NEW") How about if the teamkillers kill more than 3 times than they are forced to spectate their team for the remaining time of the match(I felt that since I denied both your ideas, I should add something)................I honestly don't think any of these ideas are good and think that teamkilling should be allowed such as call of duty 4 or ricochet should only be active while someone is retriving their care package or planting defusing the bomb or capturing the hq or flag etc. Other than that tk should be how it was in CoD4. To me, it doesn't really feel hardcore if friendly fire isn't enabled.

• 7. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    rankismet

Becon of Death wrote:

Personally, I think both are a bad idea. Let me explain why..........................The reason that getting kicked when you teamkill is bad is because there are people in this community that are very immature. People will trap you in corners and the only way to get out is by teamkilling them; or people will purposly walk in front of you when you are shooting (especially when I am sniping, this irrates the crap out of me). Same goes for Ricochet, why should I be punished because my teamate decided to purposely walk in front of me which results in me getting killed.....................Same for getting kicked: why should I get kicked because my teamate decided to be a jerk?...................I hate the ideas of ricochet and getting kicked......................................................................... ........................................May I add a suggestion? (The follwoing ideas can be considered "SOMETHING NEW") How about if the teamkillers kill more than 3 times than they are forced to spectate their team for the remaining time of the match(I felt that since I denied both your ideas, I should add something)................I honestly don't think any of these ideas are good and think that teamkilling should be allowed such as call of duty 4 or ricochet should only be active while someone is retriving their care package or planting defusing the bomb or capturing the hq or flag etc. Other than that tk should be how it was in CoD4. To me, it doesn't really feel hardcore if friendly fire isn't enabled.

Vote system is rife for abuse, too. It's a really tough thing to monitor. But I would like to see how teamkillers are punished both in game and post game addressed.

In game punishment

• Multiple TK's in the first 30 seconds of a game results in an instant kick of the offender and the match to be restarted.
    • Three friendly fire kills gives you a 30 second time out.
    • 5 friendly fire kills gives you a 2 minute time out.

Post game punishment

• Automatic 24 hour ban for offenders who are kicked out of three games in a one hour period.
    • Automatic 72 hour ban for offenders who receive three 24 hour bans.
    • Possible permanent ban for offenders who receive three 72 hour bans.
  • 8. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?

In game punishment

• Multiple TK's in the first 30 seconds of a game results in an instant kick of the offender and the match to be restarted.  - Love this idea, gets rid of all the RPG teamkillers in S&D while at the same time stops them from ruining the first round. I say anyone kicked in this fashion should only get 3 strikes before being permabanned (as it's virtually impossible to get multiple tk's so early unless you are trying to)
    • Three friendly fire kills gives you a 30 second time out.  - Also love this one, I occasionally get kicked from BO for accidental tk's, and it's always right near the end, and always when I'm having a really good game (yesterday I was 67-3 and got kicked when someone ran in front of me while I was shooting enemies)
    • 5 friendly fire kills gives you a 2 minute time out.  -  Disagree with this one, after a 30 second timeout from 3 tk's if you get 2 more you should be kicked/banned for 5-10 minutes.

Post game punishment

• Automatic 24 hour ban for offenders who are kicked out of three games in a one hour period. - Another great idea that desperately needs to be implemented.
    • Automatic 72 hour ban for offenders who receive three 24 hour bans.  - Yes yes and yes some more. Teamkillers need to face consequences.
    • Possible permanent ban for offenders who receive three 72 hour bans. - I'd say give them a month long ban, then anyone with 2 month long bans should be automatic permaban.

Obviously they NEED to make accidental tk's from killstreaks NOT count, otherwise 1/2 the CoD population would end up banned lol.

• 9. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    rankismet

Lagnet_is_Epic_Fail wrote:

In game punishment

• Multiple TK's in the first 30 seconds of a game results in an instant kick of the offender and the match to be restarted.  - Love this idea, gets rid of all the RPG teamkillers in S&D while at the same time stops them from ruining the first round. I say anyone kicked in this fashion should only get 3 strikes before being permabanned (as it's virtually impossible to get multiple tk's so early unless you are trying to)
    • Three friendly fire kills gives you a 30 second time out.  - Also love this one, I occasionally get kicked from BO for accidental tk's, and it's always right near the end, and always when I'm having a really good game (yesterday I was 67-3 and got kicked when someone ran in front of me while I was shooting enemies)
    • 5 friendly fire kills gives you a 2 minute time out.  -  Disagree with this one, after a 30 second timeout from 3 tk's if you get 2 more you should be kicked/banned for 5-10 minutes.

Post game punishment

• Automatic 24 hour ban for offenders who are kicked out of three games in a one hour period. - Another great idea that desperately needs to be implemented.
    • Automatic 72 hour ban for offenders who receive three 24 hour bans.  - Yes yes and yes some more. Teamkillers need to face consequences.
    • Possible permanent ban for offenders who receive three 72 hour bans. - I'd say give them a month long ban, then anyone with 2 month long bans should be automatic permaban.

Obviously they NEED to make accidental tk's from killstreaks NOT count, otherwise 1/2 the CoD population would end up banned lol.

100% agree about streak kills not counting... I quit using player controlled streaks in BO for that very reason.

1 2 3 Previous Next