1 15 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next 193 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 11:36 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
  • 160. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Nubdub

    Maybe you can find out why it took 6 months even to admit there was an issue? The forum has been commenting on the sync issues since the day the game came out. Why would balancing guns be more important than the actual core of the game being broken? Strange way of thinking and doing business if you ask me. The only reason they are looking at it now is DLC sales are so low and it's threatening to hurt sales of Black Ops 2. A bit of proactive fixes instead of reactive fixes would have netted them a ton in DLC sales. Even if the next TU fixes every issue with sync, I will never give IW/Sledgahammer a penny of my cash again. They have proven themselves completely incompetent.

  • 161. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    maccabi

    Nubdub wrote:

     

    Maybe you can find out why it took 6 months even to admit there was an issue? The forum has been commenting on the sync issues since the day the game came out. Why would balancing guns be more important than the actual core of the game being broken? Strange way of thinking and doing business if you ask me. The only reason they are looking at it now is DLC sales are so low and it's threatening to hurt sales of Black Ops 2. A bit of proactive fixes instead of reactive fixes would have netted them a ton in DLC sales. Even if the next TU fixes every issue with sync, I will never give IW/Sledgahammer a penny of my cash again. They have proven themselves completely incompetent.

    surely not implying this new found sense of actually doing stuff could in any way be related to the fact a new cod game is about to be announced.. i mean that would just be well..  exactly like they did when mw3 was announced and suddenly starting fixing things broken for months in mw2 *cough rock glitch*

     

    this is the first cod game i havent bought any dlc for.. i own the first two maps as i downloaded them before i got elite refunded. but cant play then due to the dumb ass matchmaking actually truth be told i only really go on mw3 now to play like 30 mins of a clan op to get eu4m bronze then play something else.

  • 162. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Nubdub

    It is also a first for me not buying DLC. Thank the maker I never got involved in the Elite debacle. I played a bit last night and actually had some good games as host until after about the 7th game a guy bouncing between 2 and 3  bars joins and goes 37 and 6. All of the sudden it went back to the host death sentence for me (second behind) and I dashboarded the next game because the 2 bar dude stayed. (even though I sent him a polite message saying "please leave lagger"). I will continue to play the game as much as I can stand because I paid for it, but IW has milked me for the last time.

  • 163. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    MLGTWISTED

    lets hope IW actually watch it, I doubt it, but we can still hope.

  • 164. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ill-lll

    maccabi wrote:

     

    There is no artifically induced or added latency this is a misconception people such as yourself keep spouting, constantly saying it doesnt make it true.

     

    IW admitted that there was artifical lag for the host in MW2, created for the sake of "fairness" to put a curb to the host advantage present in CoD4 & WaW. It has been present in every game since.

     

    Your ideas about the matchmaking changes could create some general improvements. However, it will not affect the major underlying issue: there is still a whole background process of artifical timestamp modification, which includes added delay for faster connections and subtracted time from slower connections, that is now weighed in every encounter, player by player.

     

    Your matchmaking ideas with CoD4/WaW lag compensation and maybe even MW2's host anti-lag with an artificial lag that properly scales would fix the game. Keeping a broken timestamp comparison system in tact will not.

  • 165. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

    ill-lll wrote:

     

    maccabi wrote:

     

    There is no artifically induced or added latency this is a misconception people such as yourself keep spouting, constantly saying it doesnt make it true.

     

    IW admitted that there was artifical lag for the host in MW2, created for the sake of "fairness" to put a curb to the host advantage present in CoD4 & WaW. It has been present in every game since.

     

    Your ideas about the matchmaking changes could create some general improvements. However, it will not affect the major underlying issue: there is still a whole background process of artifical timestamp modification, which includes added delay for faster connections and subtracted time from slower connections, that is now weighed in every encounter, player by player.

     

    Your matchmaking ideas with CoD4/WaW lag compensation and maybe even MW2's host anti-lag with an artificial lag that properly scales would fix the game. Keeping a broken timestamp comparison system in tact will not.

    Uh oh.  You just disagreed with the all knowing Maccabi.  Better stand back while he blames ping for everything.

     

    Oh well, BF3 works just fine for me but it's all because I don't know what I am talking about.

  • 166. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

    ill-lll wrote:

     

    maccabi wrote:

     

    There is no artifically induced or added latency this is a misconception people such as yourself keep spouting, constantly saying it doesnt make it true.

     

    IW admitted that there was artifical lag for the host in MW2, created for the sake of "fairness" to put a curb to the host advantage present in CoD4 & WaW. It has been present in every game since.

     

    Your ideas about the matchmaking changes could create some general improvements. However, it will not affect the major underlying issue: there is still a whole background process of artifical timestamp modification, which includes added delay for faster connections and subtracted time from slower connections, that is now weighed in every encounter, player by player.

     

    Your matchmaking ideas with CoD4/WaW lag compensation and maybe even MW2's host anti-lag with an artificial lag that properly scales would fix the game. Keeping a broken timestamp comparison system in tact will not.

    ill-lll - just forget talking to him.  Its like talking to a brick wall, he believes his way is the only way to fix the game and no one else can.  Its sad that he is very close minded but I've already tried to explain this patch will do very little to improve the game because of the sync issues.  If you go back thru the thread you will see my most.  As of right now there is little to no hope for MW3.  The developers are being lead down the wrong path and just addressing a symptom not the root cause of the out of sync issues.

  • 167. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    maccabi

    ill-lll wrote:

     

    maccabi wrote:

     

    There is no artifically induced or added latency this is a misconception people such as yourself keep spouting, constantly saying it doesnt make it true.

     

    IW admitted that there was artifical lag for the host in MW2, created for the sake of "fairness" to put a curb to the host advantage present in CoD4 & WaW. It has been present in every game since.

     

    Your ideas about the matchmaking changes could create some general improvements. However, it will not affect the major underlying issue: there is still a whole background process of artifical timestamp modification, which includes added delay for faster connections and subtracted time from slower connections, that is now weighed in every encounter, player by player.

     

    Your matchmaking ideas with CoD4/WaW lag compensation and maybe even MW2's host anti-lag with an artificial lag that properly scales would fix the game. Keeping a broken timestamp comparison system in tact will not.

    again and this is directed to ghorman too this is NOT a fix for the game it is to fix the matchmaking and the problems matchmaking brings to the game in its present state.. pretty sure this has been said numerous times now.

     

    The devs are also looking back through all the code changes between the various mw games to see what changes have been made and what code effects negativity. so there might be other changes to address other issues.

  • 168. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ill-lll

    maccabi wrote:

     

    again and this is directed to ghorman too this is NOT a fix for the game it is to fix the matchmaking and the problems matchmaking brings to the game in its present state.. pretty sure this has been said numerous times now.

     

    The devs are also looking back through all the code changes between the various mw games to see what changes have been made and what code effects negativity. so there might be other changes to address other issues.

     

    was just commenting on the quoted comment. if they are really going back and comparing, that is great news.

  • 169. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    DeathThreats

    So any idea when the new patch trying to fix this issue is gona come out or did it already? Lately I been a sec behind to were I just quit playing when I watch the killcam... Im also always trying to fing 50ping an end up im 100 all the time wtf!

     

      Thinkin of retiring this garbage game