18 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2012 1:55 PM by WiseguyFTL RSS

Some of you are really pathetic

Ok, I just finished watching the BO2 trailer, and what can I say? It looks great. For all those saying that it will be crap; what the hell? You haven't even seen any gameplay yet, if you're that quick to judge a game then you really are pathetic.

I have high hopes for this game, it's going to be completely different to any other COD's. The scenery looks incredible, as do the vehicles.

Can I just also add that this is the 1337th post on the OT section

• Re: Some of you are really pathetic

I'm with you on this. Although I'm hesitant to give Activision any more of my money after MW3, I believe that Treyarch really do value their customers. Let's get one thing straight here - Infinity Ward that created MW3 are not the same Infinity Ward that created COD4 - the old Infinity Ward are not working at Activision anymore, hence why the series has gone downhill somewhat.

But I'm going to give Treyarch a chance as I suspect most people will. These are now the new face of the COD series, the main developers and they'll be looking to impress. I hope they go back to basics and have something in there for the older players as well as the gimmicks for the new crowd. I hope it's not all just to appease one certain group of people.

Zombies will be back and I'm looking forward to that. They really need a kick up the ass now. BLOPS2 will be an important game. It'll either re-invent the COD franchise or drive the disenchanted away for good.

Activision is behind both Treyarch and Infinity Ward, so it's really Infinity Ward (and Sledgehammer) to be blamed for MW3.

Anyway, I thought the first impression was pretty cool, but after all the hype MW3 got and the result, I'm being more cautious about it until it actually comes out. After all, tons of us probably thought MW3 would be the bomb only to get..what we got...

At the very least, we know that Treyarch is still pretty much the same while Infinity Ward got broken up, which caused (now justified) concern over MW3.

Besides, all the "futuristic" talk is WAY overexaggerated, IMO. It's "futuristic" as in further than the present, yes, but it's not like it's totally space age or anything like all those calling it a Halo copy or anything. It's actually all things that look quite plausible for a near-future (only 13 years from now after all) setting. It's not like we got Gundams or full Metal Gears all over the place, or all our soldiers having laser guns and other super-advanced space weapons and tech.

I'm well aware that Activision are behind both studios, what on Earth gave you the opinion I thought any other way?

Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer/Raven developed the game to Activisions specifications. Whatever they wanted, they got. Do you think the old Infinity Ward would have put out a game like MW3? No wonder Jason West, Vince Zampella and the rest walked out....can't believe Robert Bowling lasted so long either...

The game is developed by the development studio alright, but they're told what to do. Nevertheless, it's ultimately Activisions decisions whether or not we get to see the old maps, not the developer. Bowling said he wanted to see the classic maps in MW3 and got in some sh!t for it too...Activision are just money grabbing whores.

I must concur with the OP, you cannot complain about it until you play it.  I think that Treyarch is taking a great gamble going with a future FPS game, as far as I know most games that take that kind of stance don't do so well, I think that BF 2142 might be the only exception, but they could also be a trend setter.  We will have to wait and see before anyone can make any real conclusions. 

whenindoubtc4 wrote:

I must concur with the OP, you cannot complain about it until you play it.  I think that Treyarch is taking a great gamble going with a future FPS game, as far as I know most games that take that kind of stance don't do so well, I think that BF 2142 might be the only exception, but they could also be a trend setter.  We will have to wait and see before anyone can make any real conclusions. 

Here we go. You are right you can't complain until you play it. So I think you should be able to sprout wings and fly around. Also you should be able to shoot through EVERYTHING. There is literally no bullet residence what so ever. Do you think those are bad ideas? You can't say that because you have never played a game with those features. Your logic is so broke that it is quite scary.

Would you care to elaborate upon your statement, because if you ask me I could not follow your logic.  With a statement like, "there is no bullet residence" you lost credibility, but I do believe that you meant "resistance" instead of "residence."  I think that I get the gist of your statement, that you cannot say anything is a bad idea until you give it a try, but you must understand that, with that kind of motto dire consequences are bound to spawn from that thinking.  I was saying that trying to be a market trend setter can be a mad idea, but anything can be a gamble, a misunderstanding of the potential market could result in profit loss(not likely for Call of Duty) but you must understand what happens when you make a bad decision.  For example, Pontiac put close to 1 billion US dollars into developing that Aztek, guess what happened, hardly anyone bought it(it is an ugly vehicle) and as a result they went down the road that led to GM dropping the company, also a poor economy didn't help but the point remains, business is a tricky thing and trying to hard can result in bankruptcy. 

tom!

I get what you mean....

There's only one way to find out...

Zombies = me not really touching anything else in the game

Except if they make Co-op campaign again.

They also damn well better fix it to where we can get zombie mods and get a radiant for PC.

-pictureframe-

Yikes, looks like the future government never watched the Terminator series. It's never a smart move to computerize your entire military without some sort of failsafe. On the upside, maybe the T-1000 will be a killstreak!

In all seriousness, I do hope this game turns out to be a great one. I know a lot of people watched this trailer and facepalmed as, from their point of view, the Call of Duty series spiraled further into complete and utter madness...

matuzz

There is a lot of improvements coming to zombies I have heard.

It will now use MP engine allowing more players and zombies.

But does it also mean host migration and theater mode?

Also it was Vahn or Mark that said zombies will have new world and modes.

WKMMS

I actually think it's great that Treyarch are taking the step into the near future.  For so long they had really been just mimicing what Infinity Ward had done before them.  Now they have a chance to reinvent the franchise and shake up the series in the same way CoD 4 did.  We've had essentially the same game re-hashed over and over again.  I'm hoping we get to see something really fresh this time around

cranium2001

While I've always been a big fan of Treyarch, we all know no matter what happens with this game, the whiners will come out of the woodwork. I really agree that the people already complaining need to shut it. In due time we'll all know.

jburg1ner

Bo2 looked great so im willing to give it a try since every thing is gonna be different from all cods i just hope its not a let down like MW3

The only way I will buy this game is if when I rent a copy it is much better than BOPS and WTF are zombies all about? They should produce a seperate title to do with zombies, they do not have a place in COD titles.

2 Words. WALKING ROBOTS.

I've been a long time fan of COD and people posting here have short memories. When Modern Warfare 1 and 2 came out, with Treyarch's World at War in the middle, everyone said that Treyarch's COD's sucked compared to Infinity Ward's. Now, Black Ops helped change that attitude as it was one of the better COD's. But that could easily have been a lucky hit. I don't think Treyarch has the ingenuity to pull this off, especially if they pull elements from MW3 which it sounds from recent reports like they will.

The fact that you see mechanized robots walking around with turrets on their backs should be a stiff warning that their is trouble on the horizon, despite the success of Black Ops 1. As with any game from Activision from now on, I'll be picking this game up on Red Box for a day before I plunk down 60 dollars for it. I think that's what everyone should do.

Can I say that you.... at OT posting!!!

WiseguyFTL

I have high hopes for this game, just because Treyarch asks the community for help, and they make the game in cooperation with MLG. People who have played the COD series for ages are helping to make this game, including pro players. That's why I think they avoid the obvious mistakes, like 2nd chance in the game, or 1 perk being the absolute best of its tier (ghost / SoH and Stopping power in the same tier would be great) or making an assault rifle beast at close range and long range (FAMAS), or an SMG beast at all ranges (mw2 UMP). I hope they make it like mw3, the SMG's are beasts up close, and the AR's aren't quite as good up close but are great for long range gunfights.