18 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 11:09 PM by like2nap03 RSS

Well back to business as usual....

like2nap03

Ok.  So you guys screwed up and started a WIi forum for a game that has not been confirmed.  Understandable.  It sucks due to all the excitement, and it let a lot of people down, but understandable.  Now how about you make up for it with that patch!

Seriously.  Where's the patch?  This game has gotten so bad that I'm rushing to upgrade my internet just to go back to Black Ops.  Or as Semperfi so ingeniously put it "lag ops", as it is for me right now.  Knowing the upgrade is just over the horizon, I don't think I can play this game anytime soon.  There's just too many hackers, akimbo users, and hacking akimbo users.  It's so bad that I went back to playing the campaign for W@W.  That game was pretty awesome when it came out.  It's not so great now lol but it was pretty awesome at one time.  I can't believe how much the controls have evolved since then.

Anyway.  We still need the akimbo MP nerf and that Type 95 nerf and another security patch.  Would love to see one....soon.

• Re: Well back to business as usual....
    infinitlag

June 31st.

PORTING THE GAME TAKES TIME, SO THEY CAN NOT ADVERTISE IT YET.

infinitlag

^^ Theres our clan

yes funny how i went to sleep and that forum dissapeared

I went to back to Black Ops the other day and I never experienced any lag... Took me a little while to find a Hardcore TDM, but that was it. That, and not being to find any wager matches. Fancied a game of Gun Game and One In The Chamber, but I had no luck

like2nap03

The lag is probably my connection.  It never worked well in Black Ops.  I have optimized it since then, but it's still laggy.  I'm going to test out the upgrade tonight though.  I've been putting it through several speed and reliablitly tests.  It hasn't failed yet so I'm about to get on Black Ops to see how it does.  It won't be optimized.  I suspect my NAT type will be moderate and it's wireless, not wired, along with using a router that doesn't meet my standards (it's complicated) but it still has much better ping times, stability, along with better download and upload speeds.  We'll see what happens.  If it doesn't lag on Ops tonight then I suspect it will be even better after I get it setup the way I like.  This is only a one night deal.  I'll have to buy some equipment before I can actually take advantage of the upgrade.  Then do some tweaking to the setup to optimized it, but I suspect it wll be much better.

momskirbyok

I really don't trust Treyarch anymore. I have lost all hope for them. I would be surprised if Black Ops Eclipse/2 even came out for the Wii/WiiU. Treyarch makes crappy ports- ones I could live without. They are obviously giving up on us...Look.. Cod4 was a perfect port. Sure, some of the things weren't perfect (no lag compensation, so lag shooting), but it was over all a perfect game. World at War, yet another perfect game. Only thing was, was that Treyarch didn't know how much the Wii could handle, so we only got TDM and FFA 4v4s. Black Ops comes out...everyone is excited..we get patches, cool. Still to this day, there is 10 things I could name that are still needed to be patched on Black Ops. Now, Mw3. Nothing is getting patched...see the pattern? They are giving up on us.

infinitlag

It's a very good idea to dump something slowly. Gradually is the way to go, not great, great, nothing.

like2nap03

If one thing about a game is not perfect then the whole thing is not perfect.  That being said.  Black Ops was the best of the bunch in my opinion and I played it lagging like crazy all the time.  MW3 would be if they just nerfed a couple guns.  Hackers kind of ruined it but that's got nothing to do with the game itself or Treyarch.  MWR was an unbalanced, lag shooting mess.  It had good maps and the killstreaks were more tolerable but,...well we all know the issues it had. 

Why would you think Treyarch wouldn't bring it to a Nintendo console?  They ALWAYS have.  The whole problem with the ports is they only get 1 year to port them to the Wii.  How could anyone expect them to get the games running as they should in that timeframe?  They patch tons of stuff but they have to quit at some point to make the next game.  It sucks for us but there is a reason why so many things need patching and why they don't all get fixed. 

This is what happens when Activision demands a COD game every year on all consoles AND they only have one Wii developer.  The other consoles always switch between two devs.  So it's just a neverending cycle.  We get a rushed port.  Can't blame the dev team for that.  Also the fact that they took off the Wii channel doesn't mean anything.  Obviously it was a copy and paste job and they didn't take the Wii channel off when they should have.  Not surprising either that a Nintendo version is not confirmed.  It's always last in line.  I suspect a Wii U release is in our future.  Either at launch or a little later. 

padiego

I swear, I still don't understand why people say Reflex was orgasmic. When I look back, i think i should've been thrown in a mental hospital when i thought reflex was a good game. It was a horrible game. CoD4 was a horrible game. I think the reason why people think its good is because CoD4 was the first CoD for many people, and the first time is always special. Same with modern noobtubes 2. The reason why reflex was a near perfect port was because the game WAS OLD, it was OUTDATED, and its something MY CALCULATOR could run perfectly. But since then, every new CoD has been more and more "advanced"(aka, stuffed with more useless garbage), and some things the wii just can't handle without it sounding like a cow's a*s. W@W, yes, perfect game, i agree, but not on wii though......

like2nap03

You're right.  MWR was great because it was the best when it came out.  Looking back, and also going back to play it after playing the more recent titles, it really sucks in comparison.  MW3 has potential.  In my mind it would be the best if the fix the machine pistols and type 95.  But it is also hacked WAY more than the others.  That's not the game's. or developer's, fault, but it still ruins the game. 

I know you hate how it finds matches,or doesn't rather, for parties, but other than that, and the problems I mentioned, it's awesome.  I only play solo so I just deal with the balance and hacking issues, but I could see how the party match making can push you over the edge.

I went to my local gamestop to buy Metroid Other M at a great price.  While ringing up my order the manager goes through the usual preorder sphiel and he said that Black Ops 2 was coming to the 360 and PS3 and he thought for Wii.  He decided to look it up and it turns out that the game is actually coming out for the Wii U.

Posted this on a thread in the Black Ops 2 forums but figured more Wii players would see it here.