28 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 2:08 PM by PeteyLew RSS

K/D's...Just curious

I've always payed attention to my k/d, but that's not what this is about. It seems that everyday on here some kids, adults, or whatever they may be are talking about how they have a 3.0 k/d or higher. My problem with that is I have a 1.88 I believe and when I am in a lobby and check the leader boards 99 percent of the time I have the highest K/D. Keep in mind that this isn't a topic to brag about K/D as I just put mine to show that I randomly see even a 2.0 K/D.

With all that being said, how much of the " I have a 3.0 k/d " talk do you think is BS on these forums?

• Re: K/D's...Just curious

i have 3kd and 9wl , but kd means nothing any one can have a high kd, and i hardly never see anyone wiv decent kds , only every now and then , but ur kd will probs be the highest in most lobbies bcus ur an above average player

codchamp

I dont think there is to much BS on these forums. Many of the regualrs are extreme players and are die hard fans. Plus the fact that you can check stats in elite to see if it is true, keeps many in check. but k/d does not matter anyway. Some people live and die by there stats. many will dashboard to keep there stats high as well. So i never put faith into any stats i see in the game.  The best players i know of have at best a 2.00-2.50 K/D. These are guys that also secure objectives and dont Dash out to preserve stats. I can say in all honesty, i have NEVER once seen a player with that high of a K/D stay in game until the end. if that person is also host or a friend is, 99% of the games end in disconnect.

CowboySr

You must not know many people. The majority of people I play with are over a 2.0. maybe its cause we all play together regularly and make each other better. But youve "never seen a player with that high of a K/D stay in a game until the end" is absurd.  Come play with us for a night and you can eliminate that claim. Im not claiming we're the best clan in the the world by far either. Its just not rare to have a 2.0 and to have it easily if youre doing the right things in this game. 

Its not to say that you wont have horrible rounds either, but then you have huge ones to compensate.

codchamp

Cowboy it would never happen. the game rarely ever throws full parties of 6 into the same lobby. also usually if that does happen, than 1 team will back out. not because of fear of getting beaten. but because usually full teams want host. The team that merges into someone elses lobby is not going to be host. i play with a full party everynight. I have been playing with the same guys for 5 yeard online now. the average K/D is a 2.00 across the board and for all COD games. Black ops was the highest with a few over 4.00 K/D's because of what was done on a nightly basis in demolition....So i will say again. 2.00+ K/d's are common and usually put up a good fight. 3.00 k/d's are rare and dont stick around the entire game.

CowboySr

I wasnt suggesting we have a clan war. Was just saying that you said youve never seen someone with a high K/D stay in a game until the end and you could run with us. Mines high. Im not quitting games. play mostly TDM.  We have 4-5 people over a 3 if thats high. Theyre not quitting. We dont pick and choose opponents pregame. Just saying when you play with a bunch of guys that are good, and communicate, control choke points, it makes it much easier.  When you get a group of 6 you can control the map selection and usually we all like certain maps like fallen, arkaden, Village, ect..    The advantages to running with a group are very significant.   Im not going 4-1 every round. On a rare occasion I go negative. but then theres the 20-0 rounds that make up for the others.

CowboySr

I think the majority of the people here are telling the truth. They can be called out on it if theyre lying because of elite. I dont see a lot of people talking about their K/Ds being over 3.0.   K/Ds are really only important in TDM anyway. Im not sure if you're talking about your TDM K/D or overall. But theres really no point in discussing it in anything other than TDM.   Of course playing with good teammates makes a huge difference.

StubbornLeech07x

My k/d is .99 but I only play solo and don't really give a crap about my k/d.  It is fun playing Dom. games and finishing with a negative k/d and having a higher score than someone with a high k/d because of capping flags.

Dicemann

I think K/Ds are irrelevant largely due to killstreaks counting towards it. If it were only based on gun kills, I'd take notice.

CowboySr

But anyone can have killstreaks, its not like some people cant. Its not a gun to gun ratio. And Im  killed by people killstreaks all the time, if you take those deaths out its prob the same anyway. Silly thought sir.

Dicemann

CowboySr wrote:

But anyone can have killstreaks, its not like some people cant. Its not a gun to gun ratio. And Im  killed by people killstreaks all the time, if you take those deaths out its prob the same anyway. Silly thought sir.

Yes very true, but with hardline it's pretty easy to get a predator which gets a double kill on most (not all) occasions, which then leads to an attack heli, which if not shot down gives you a pavelow. Before you know it their 14-0 and hiding for the rest of the game.

I tried this out for a few days and watched my K/D go up 0.28. I've not got much game time though which probably made that figure higher. Boring as hell but showed it works.

I have a 3.08kd overall and a 2.95 in tdm i only play solo on groundwar, never party up with anyone.

i play a middle ground type of game, not staying in one place too long but not running around like a tool.

but it does depend on what type of gun im using, i have a 2.00 with my smg, a 2.60 with my AR and a 4.50 with my sniper.

codchamp

Yeah so what is your W/L then? You play solo groundwar. So it is not always TDM. You have to play KC and domination. How many tags have you collected? What is your kill ratio to tags picked up? How many caps do you have in domination compared to kills and games played? These are the questions that will awenser if your 3.00 K/D is worthy.

I only collect tags that i can get, I will never collect a tag that could get me killed but I don't give many tags away so believe me I do more then my share.

since I play solo i'm placed with random's, I do what i can to always win on groundwar but if my team mates are just idiots running blind and not capping I wont bother trying to win.

my WL is only 0.50 I have always held above 1 on all other cods but in groundwar you have less control over the win playing solo, and if I get put into a room that my team is getting murdered I will leave simple as that.

but in all honesty I play this game to kill as many people as I can and I do that well. sometimes I go 50-1 sometimes 15-10 but most of my games i will hit around 30 kills to 10 deaths so the 3.kd is about fair

I don't care what my kdr is though i'm not bothered about it dropping or getting higher i play this game for fun and watching your kd is not fun, people get obsessed with it and that's why they dashboard then brag about how good they are. I will never dashboard out of a game

night_i-iavvk

There are some really good players out there that move,kill & get their kill streaks while keeping their kdr's at 2 or more.

I usually pay close attention to high kdr players that i check in the pre-game lobby. More often than not, they go 6-2, 8-3, etc. Occasionally they get a killstreak that bumps their score up higher. They play conservatively which reflects the low kill total but also boosts their kdr's. I personally have no problem with that play style, it's just something I notice a lot.

i think most are just bluffing...i'm a decent player and get very good k/d ratios in game yet i'm only at 1.36 overall. of course i've only been playing online for 3 weeks but still it has taken me a long time and many highest kill/death ratio accolades to get to a overall 1.36...people who do have those k/ds are usually dashboarders or boosters

I see the random one every now and then, but very seldom. I was just curious what everyone else thought! Thanks guys

Rednecksniper39

Mine is so low that I don't want to post it even thought I don't care about it. I like to mess around in games now and it has dropped .6 from the first few months.

WKMMS

I have a whopping 1.1KD.  I mostly play Barebones and fly solo.  My game has improved a lot in the last couple of months, but with 40,000 kills, I don't really think I'll be improving that KDR figure much now.  Not that I care.  I play, have fun, and 99% of the time I'm getting more kills than deaths.  That's good enough for me

Have a 1.21 I think ? I know it could be better but mess about with different guns etc like today was going about with a LMG and Riot Shield lets just say I wasn't doing well lol.

DaRyuujin

I say KD is irevelant a player can have a 4.0 KD cuz he camps in dom getting kills but not playing the objective then when he goes intoi TDM he gets his ass STOMPED by low KD people, Then you can have that beast player with a 1.5 KD who runs straight at the objective and plays to win then when he is in TDM he destroys people with 3+KD

then there are those pople who have multible people play on the account and then there are the people who run solo and get stuck with retarded team mates who blindly rush campers rarely getting a kill leaving you with a uphill battle =.=

too many factors affect KD Honestly I think because that stat was introduced camping rates have gone up fast cuz now so many people think high KD = better player and low Kd = bad player

Most people on the forums screaming 3 kd are telling the truth.  Simply because it's way too easy to check up on it, so lying is pointless.  My personal stats are a 3.29 K/D over all with a 4.8ish W/L.  I mainly play team deathmatch and my K/D in that game type is 3.99.  Holding a 2 K/D in this game is way too easy.  Any experienced COD player should be able to hold a 2 K/D in this game playing in any game type while also playing the objective.  It really is too easy not to.

My K/D is I DON'T GIVE A FLYING F*CK.

I do care about wins, but only if I'm having fun.

Last game I played, I was just running around crazy trying to level up my scorpion, drop shotting and back stabbing all the d-bag snipers that come into Drop Zone games.

I was spamming out concussion grenades like it was my job.

I probably went 15-25, but had a blast doing it.  Too bad my baby girl hit the off butotn.