1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 9:49 AM by martin.smit Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Dedicated servers thread.

NEED DEDICATED SERVER!!!!

I will be forced to buy on ps3 instead of pc which i play on mostly

And add modding support, Cod4 was amazing because of it

• 11. Re: Dedicated servers thread.

Totally true we need ranked dedicated servers. A lot of our guys didnt buy MW3 just for that fact. It needs to happen, plain and simple.  That's if they really wanna pull off this "futuristic" setting.

• 12. Re: Dedicated servers thread.
    poison_pawn

you mean like the ones they promised us for MW3? no thank you: I will not leave this to chance

Poison_pawn PCO

• 13. Re: Dedicated servers thread.
    poison_pawn

lewistee wrote:

NEED DEDICATED SERVER!!!!

I will be forced to buy on ps3 instead of pc which i play on mostly

And add modding support, Cod4 was amazing because of it

That is just what they want to hear

I will never buy a console: If this game is not PC friendly, I will not buy it (just as i didn't buy MW2; and will NEVER buy another IW product)

Poison_pawn PCO (pc only)

• 14. Re: Dedicated servers thread.
    poison_pawn

{TZ}Trans wrote:

Totally true we need ranked dedicated servers. A lot of our guys didnt buy MW3 just for that fact. It needs to happen, plain and simple.  That's if they really wanna pull off this "futuristic" setting.

Agreed!

Poison_pawn PCO

• 15. Re: Dedicated servers thread.
    johnsmith

I will not buy the game if it iwnet.  Which I don't think will happen because it is a proprietary thing for iw. 

MW3 multiplayer is unplayable.

• 16. Re: Dedicated servers thread.

I believe that 3arch will do the same thing as they always did, aka dedicated servers.

Now, i have a feeling that they will use gameservers only, but who knows.

At least, we got all the standard admin features running on launch, unlike other games i recently played, where 6 months down the road and still no reserved slots.

• 17. Re: Dedicated servers thread.
    poison_pawn

Lagnet_is_Epic_Fail wrote:

Agreed, and we need FUNTIONAL dedicated servers that are RANKED!!! not the broken crap they tried to pass off as dedicated servers in MW3.

CoD4/WaW style servers is the way they need to go, but I have a better chance of stepping out my door and finding a paper bag with ten million dollars on my front porch.  We can only hope they're at least better than BO1 servers.

If they try to force the horribly broken, ultra laggy, hacker friendly P2P system on us then I WILL NOT buy the game, period.

What he said^

Poison_pawn PCO

• 18. Re: Dedicated servers thread.
    matuzz

They have talked about making different security measures but haven't confirmed dedis.

The fact is nothing stop hackers except server admins.

• 19. Re: Dedicated servers thread.

Im sure there will be dedicated servers, but as in COD4/WAW we should be able to run on our own dedicated boxes that we already pay good money for. Also we should be able to increase the slot count as we see fit.