1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next 193 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 11:36 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
  • 170. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

There is not ETA on the sync issues. They are looking at the code but that doesn't mean they will even find anything. This is the second time IW has looked at the code from what I read in another post. So, don't hold your breath waiting for a fix.

• 171. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    capp00

Last I heard, the TU was in a "waiting" status because they are going to push it to all platforms at the same time. But they are waiting for one to finish certification processing before they can release them all.

As mentioned a few times in this thread, the video and the entire context of this TU, it is not a guaranteed fix for anything.

It's an attempt to fix Matchmaking problems. Will it have an effect on the horrible lag compensation? Maybe, we don't know. Would be nice if it levelled that off too.

• 172. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    SheSaidNo

With people so jaded about this game and the announcement of Black Ops 2 I wonder if it'll even matter at this point.  I'd like to see more people come back to get better games but I have a feeling MW3 might be past a point that's too difficult to recover from.

• 173. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

I know pretty much all my buddies are playing the Ghost Recon beta until the retail version then BLOPS 2 is out.  MW3 has left a bad taste across the board.

SheSaidNo wrote:

With people so jaded about this game and the announcement of Black Ops 2 I wonder if it'll even matter at this point.  I'd like to see more people come back to get better games but I have a feeling MW3 might be past a point that's too difficult to recover from.

• 174. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    capp00

I've tried playing Ghost Recon a few times. The first night, it was great.....once I could actually get into a match. But it was a lot of fun. First match, I went 18-6 and my team won.

I tried playin again this weekend and it appears the CoD community has moved in and set up shop. Had 1 match where the entire enemy team was prone in corners, bushes, etc.. Found 2 guys that apparently figured out how to crawl backwards through a wall and were shooting people through the walls.

Apparently there are multiple devices/weapons/attachments that get enemies to glow orange so those were being spammed within 3 seconds of the match beginning.

Etc.. Etc...

It was just not fun. I've played the crap out of every Ghost Recon since the black box and this was the first time I'd seen this style of play outside of CoD.

• 175. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Jinx484

SheSaidNo wrote:

Heres the thing though... the harder they try to fix this game, the more I'm going to want to buy Black Ops 2.  And at this point, I'm not buying Black Ops 2.

It's really in Activisions best interests to show the community they actually care.  They will be rewarded with more $ (because thats the only thing that seems to motivate them).

• 176. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

They have done a couple updates on the beta which includes sensors and detection devices...you might want to try again plus the beta is going on until the 9th now instead of the 2nd.

capp00 wrote:

I've tried playing Ghost Recon a few times. The first night, it was great.....once I could actually get into a match. But it was a lot of fun. First match, I went 18-6 and my team won.

I tried playin again this weekend and it appears the CoD community has moved in and set up shop. Had 1 match where the entire enemy team was prone in corners, bushes, etc.. Found 2 guys that apparently figured out how to crawl backwards through a wall and were shooting people through the walls.

Apparently there are multiple devices/weapons/attachments that get enemies to glow orange so those were being spammed within 3 seconds of the match beginning.

Etc.. Etc...

It was just not fun. I've played the crap out of every Ghost Recon since the black box and this was the first time I'd seen this style of play outside of CoD.

• 177. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    SheSaidNo

Personally, I think they won't learn their lesson, until they see MW4 sales are crap.  Because I get the vibe that Treyarch is trying to separate themselves from IW knowing how the community has responded to them. Most likely the fans will give Black Ops 2 a chance since it's a different studio.  But they get the money up front so it's hard to see the problems until after they've collected the $$$.  If Black Ops hasn't fixed the problem by then, I'm pretty sure sales will take a huge dive after that.

• 178. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

I agree but if BLOPS2 works well I might just be an every other year COD fan.

• 179. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

Atleast we will have all new zombie maps to play it should be interesting to see how the new zombie maps are going to look. And who do you think the zombies will be ??????