18 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 7:19 AM by CowboySr RSS

MW3 Caters to trash

Its seems if you have a good connection your cursed .  Why  should these welfare losers be rewared?  **** connection equals 1/2 a second ahead If this is the way COD continues to operate Im done

• Re: MW3 Caters to trash

bye!!!

Thedestoyer

Why should YOU be rewarded? Because you spend a god awful amount of money on "good" internet?

You are an ignorant person, and I'm glad you're gone. We don't need you or your hateful, ignorant comments mucking up an already broken community.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

smokesdope

Yah!! First and last post.

It will be a get day when the garbage internet users are doing their own hosting....

WKMMS

because all those people obviously conspired with IW/Sledgehammer to take advantage of you and your amazing internet connection... curse them!  

r8edtripx

Lerchman7 wrote:

Its seems if you have a good connection your cursed .  Why  should these welfare losers be rewared?  **** connection equals 1/2 a second ahead If this is the way COD continues to operate Im done

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, they'll be able to make is so everyone will be on an even playing field whether you you have a great connection or not.

NiteFalken

In honor of the day all replies must be in Yoda dialect.

Arrogant, this one is. Ignorant of the true workings of the internet, hmmm. A few community college courses in his future I see. Only a true master of the internet understands speed equals not ping. To sacrifice ones money to his ISP is the path to the dark side. Doomed this one is.

ghorman

Do we really need to go down this road again?  You can never have a equal experience in the game for everyone.  There are too many varibles involved for that to happen.  Unless you plan to pay for everyone to have the same network equipment, along with the same length of network cabling, and the same number of hops to the server, and the same ISP and everyone on wired or wiresless, and run the same programs on their home network it will never happen. 

All this is doing to forcing good and valid hosts to stop being hosts.  Which in turns effects your gaming performance because you are no longer running on the best connections.  You can complain that people with better internet shouldn't get an advantage but in the end its only hurting the whole community.  If no one wants to host where did you think the game is heading?

Rednecksniper39

ghorman wrote:

You can never have a You can complain that people with better internet shouldn't get an advantage but in the end its only hurting the whole community.

But how is giving anyone an advantage helping the community? If everyone was on a truly level playing field then how would it be hurting anyone at all? I'm not really looking to argue but I just want to see you POV of this.

ghorman

Thats just it Red, you can't get rid of the advantage unless everything down to the network cable length is the same.  Someone is going to have an advantage and you can't get around it.  I would prefer to have the best hosts possible and take the power out of the players hands who can degrade their lines to get an advantage.  It can never be fair and equal unless everyone plays on the same xbox.

Rednecksniper39

I see what you are saying. I think that if they could tune the lag comp correctly they could get it closer. But they can't seem to get it right. Hopefully someday we can see a way to fix everything. Till then I would not mind going back to host advantage and everyone else basically being on a close playing field.

ghorman

You can also think about it like this:  Is it fair that signals from a wired control gets to the Xbox faster than the wireless?  Should IW put in a delay to counter the wired controllers? Where is it going to end?  The only thing you can do is promote players doing the right thing which is optimizing their end to run as fast as possible.

CowboySr

My connection is good, and I have no problem most of the time, unless Im playing with friends across the US, then sometimes. But I save my tears.