11 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 7:05 PM by atiredoldguy RSS

Avoided players WTF

I have avoided over 50 players tonight why am I still joining games with them in!!!! Cant even get that right!!!

• Re: Avoided players WTF

Why do you have to avoid them all?

WKMMS

because avoiding them doesn't necessarily mean you'll never have to play with them ever again.  If there are no other available, suitable lobbies, the game will still put you in with those players.  It's the same across every game on XBL as far as I can tell.

pj600r

I take it the other post got deleted, I've given up avoiding people I must have avoided well over 500 people lately but I still get matched with them so I don't bother now.

The system doesn't work very well because the player count is dropping all the time.

What game modes do you play?

papaxs

Dang, why are you avoiding so many players?  cheaters, boosters or what????

pj600r

Probably for the same reasons I do.

They have 2 bars.

They quickscope and go 3-15 every game.

They come from France, Germany or any other country that their connection makes them lag in UK lobbies.

They use rapid fire pads.

They use FMG9s as primaries.

I'm not bothered about campers or people using so called OP weapons but these are the things that piss me off about other players.

KTPhoenix

let me explain.

as said before, if the game has no one else to pair you with, it WILL put you in the same lobby as those you avoided regardless. the avoidance is not a 100% guarantee to not be paired with those people. it literally says in the sentence that avoiding those people will make it less likely for you to be in the same matches with them. it doesnt say you wont ever be put with them ever again. like i said, its not a 100% guarantee.

the other thing is, even IF you do avoid them, they can still join your match another way. if you are still in their recent players list (holds 30 recent players) then they can join you if that icon shows up. (only if they were really being annoying). in that case the only way to avoid that is by avoiding and appearing offline so they cant join you.

hope that helps.

pj600r

This is the only game I've noticed that my avoided players have reappeared in the lobby.

I don't remember ever having this issue with other games.

Who decides the matchmaking Activision or XBL or a mix of both?

KTPhoenix

well, its not Activision. Activision is mainly there for marketing and thats about it for them.

i would have to say that it would be IW responsibility since it is their servers. MS doesnt interfere with gaming companies matchmaking unless it violates the XBL TOS or COC.

microsoft - runs xbox

activision - publisher

infinity ward - co developer

sledgehammer - co developer

beachhead - elite

some company in ireland that links stats to everything - well thats what they do

ever heard the saying to many cheifs not enough indians

although you avoided report ect none of the above actually talk to each other hence fail

rodsirloin

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS MUTE EVERY PLAYER [ON THE XBL PAGE, NOT IN GAME] YOU AVOID. BECAUSE IT WILL PUT YOU IN THERE WITH THEM. WHEN I SEE THAT RED X NEXT TO A NAME I KNOW TO BACK OUT ASAP. WELL WORTH THE EXTRA .45 SECONDS IT TAKES TO MUTE.

atiredoldguy

Ms' avoid player system has a catch to it.

If you avoid players excessively it starts to ignore you.

I dont know what kind of numbers it takes or if its in a certain time frame, but according to ms, thats how it works.  So if you are going to avoid players, make it a point to just avoid the ones who really deserve it.