9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2012 6:05 AM by Slomo123 RSS

are you exicted for BLACK OPS 2 yes or no?

DropshoT

I am excited for bo2, but im not beacuse i dont know if i am going to like the whole "future warfare" thing i like it simple, i dont like change... well a lot of it i mean do you agree and what about stopping power do you think it should be in bo2 yes or no and why? leave a comment below- DropshoT

• Re: are you exicted for BLACK OPS 2 yes or no?
    vileself

First off regarding Stopping Power. If it comes back then Juggernaut would have to come back. If both of these perks were in the game they would have to be in the same teir as the Quickdraw and Assassin perks. You can then choose between extra health, extra bullet damage, extra stealth, or extra reaction time. That way they would be balanced. Personally though I dont think either of those perks will make a return, people seem to enjoy the games more without them, although everyone just complains about the stealth perks now (Ghost/Assassin).

To answer the thread, Yes Im excited for Black Ops 2. Over the past year Vahn has asked a few questions on twitter regarding certain heated issues such as quickscoping and balance related topics. He also mentioned that he would like to get Black Ops 2 on the E-Game circuit. This all leads me to believe that the company is striving for a balanced experience which is what most people want.

The fact that this game takes place in the not too distant future is also making me excited. I was worried that they might go too far into the future (lasers and such) or stay in the past (same old stories). Now we have a story that will affect us in a whole new way since its based on events that COULD happen rather than twisting around events that already did happen. MW3 did this to an extent and so did Homefront, but Black Ops 2 just feels more real. All the stuff about the drones and the rare elements held by China. China becoming a world power and an underground cold war erupting. It just sounds badass!

The community as a whole has also been surprisingly positive about the game so far since the reveal trailer which I am glad to see. I hate haters. I hate people who just want to complain about everything. When I dont like something I dont buy it and I dont play it, but some people feel the need to spend their money and play the game even though all they really do is complain about it. I have a feeling Treyarch is trying to put an end to that. They want people to like Black Ops 2 and I feel like the CoD series is coming to a close so perhaps they want to go out with a bang.

Im excited for Black ops II Zombies. If it doesnt have, i wont buy it!

leestatic

This all leads me to believe that the company is striving for a balanced experience which is what most people want.

I doubt it very much, they'll be made to add casual gamer noob food like  FAMAS, UMP 45, Akimbo FMG9's and the panic psycho chicken wing dance knife kill. They are never going add much skill requirement to this series for fear of alienating casual don't give a s!it about stats or FPS morals gamers.

vileself

Its funny that you say they'll never add any skill requirement to the series yet look at the shotguns in MW3. At first they were tough to use. Only the truely skilled players could produce positive results. Only the guys who REALLY knew how to aim properly, when and when not to hip fire, how to traverse the map and what perks to use were able to do well with the shotguns..but according to the community that makes them underpowered. In other words, something takes skill to use so now its not worthy of competing so they (as a community) demand that the shotguns get buffed..so they get buffed. Now we have all sorts of noobs running around spamming shotguns and its rediculous. Its rediculous how easy these things get kills now.

I could say the same for the snipers in Black Ops. They werent noob friendly enough and people were complaining they were too tough to use, so they get a few buffs and then all sorts of noobs are running around lookin like sniper pros.

Plus there really isnt much difference between casual and hardcore gamers. The real casual gamers dont even understand what an overpowered weapon is. They use all sorts of guns and find what feels best for them. Hardcore gamers know whats overpowered but most of them are so good at it that they dont need to use the overpowered weapons to do well.

Now if no weapons were overpowered then both casual and hardcore gamers could play and have fun. Only now the hardcore gamers wouldnt have to worry about other high calibur players abusing the overpowered weapons when they really dont need to. Treyarch will strive for balance, it seems important to them. They've asked the community and the fans a lot of questions and opinions based on balance issues. Seems like they want to get it right this time. They know the community is drifting away, this is their chance to win everyone back!

Im excited for blops2 hust as long as it comes to wii.

Yeah im stoked, already pre ordered and waiting for it to come out. I keep checking for new details to emerge on it, so yeah im excited.

im suped for black op2 yes stoping power in good

black ops 2 is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Slomo123

YES! I HOPE IT WILL BE A LOT BETTER THEN MW3.