1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 134 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 10:26 PM by Hawkeye Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Hawkeye

Avengers in an Avengers cartoon?  That's crazy talk!

• 51. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Rogue_Shadow

Next thing you know, they'll probably say there's Avengers in the movie, too...

• 52. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Hawkeye

Yeah, right, like that would ever happen.  It's right up there with the Red Sox winning the World Series.

• 53. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Rogue_Shadow

Nah, it's more like the chances of the Vikings not winning the Super Bowl... Sadly...

• 54. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Hawkeye

Like that'd happen.  They're a sure bet to be in the Super Bowl every year, not like those slackers the Steelers and Patriots.

• 55. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Rogue_Shadow

Yeah, the only team that's more of a lock than them might be the Colts.  They were just so good last year, you know...

• 56. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Hawkeye

Now this week we got a great episode, the best since Acts of Vengence!  I loved that right away it picked up from last week with Jan distraught over Hank's decision and going to Carol for support, continuing the friendship we saw between them in season one.  Jan's relationship problems also worked well with Korvac and his relationship with Carina being so important to his character.  I also thought it was a nice choice to replace the Badoon with the Kree for his origin since the Kree are such a major focus this season and there's no need to introduce another alien race.  Korvac was really well done though, portrayed as sympathetic but crazy and too powerful for his own good, and I liked the way he was "defeated" much like what happened in the comics.  And of course this episode had some Hawkeye awesomeness!  I laughed pretty hard when Clint made the crack about Korvac's origin being ripped from horror movies since I was thinking the exact same thing with the way they did the flashbacks similar to a number of alien horror movies and of course Jan punching him in the arm annoyed, haha.  Korvac being brought to the Avenger mansion also reminded me so much of Ghostbusters, I woulda died if Jan said "Dropping off or picking up".  Clint also had the great line about the tree and raccoon scowling at them and loved the way he used the reflection on the pots to spot Starlord trying to sneak up on him.  I liked him working with Panther too!  The whole episode was really awesome and I'm gonna watch the rerun on TV right now, actually!

• 57. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Hawkeye

Preview is out for the next episode and I can't friggin wait for Sunday! This preview is actually in line with an idea I had about Clint being accused of being a Skull cause he mysteriously sneaks off to meet up with Mockingbird (given Fury refused to let Clint see her at the end of Widow's Sting).  I'm hoping this is the episode when Bobbi will finally show up!

• 58. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Rogue_Shadow

So, I finally got to watch the episode, and it was pretty good.  It's always cool to get stories that are kinda "out there" like this one, with the Guardians of the Galaxy and Korvac.  And it was definitely nice to get a lot more of Clint and Jan than we've gotten in a long time.  And it was nice to have an episode with most of the team together, at least, since we've had a lot of episodes with just a few Avengers (or almost none in the Pym episode), so it was nice to see the team... as a team.

The next episode looks like it's really gonna be awesome, though.  I wonder if Fury actually has some kinda reason for why he thinks Clint's a Skrull, or if he even does this he really is a Skrull.  He might just be using Clint to help reveal the real Skrull.  It just wouldn't be Fury without him manipulating people, you know...

• 59. Re: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Hawkeye

Holy crap.  This week's episode almost single handedly makes up for the slow start to season two.  It's one of the best EMH episodes yet.  Humor, tension, team bonding, and one hell of "oh, bleep!" moment.  I wanna wait till everyone (or, I guess, just Rogue) sees it cause I don't want to spoil a single second of it.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next