36 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 7:15 PM by MrNoNam3 RSS

quick scoping black ops and mw3 and new black ops 2

i know alot of people hate quick scopers but really why hate, that **** takes skill. i admire quick scopers for being able to get **** done with just a sniper  rifle. in mw3 i use overkill with L118A and the barrett whats your guys opinion?

• Re: quick scoping black ops and mw3 and new black ops 2

I can quickscope with my AA-12

iAmLegend

In MW2 I used to snipe all the time.

In MW3 I never snipe.

In MW3 I find snipers ******* annoying.

In BO2 I hope their isn't any snipers. (separate game mode, or some sort of fair system)

I don't see how it's not fair. The ACR ***** snipers all the time, so does the Type 95. I hope they bring into the game a more balanced quickscoping though. Not as fast as MW2. But not as ****** up as BO when it first came out. I think quickscoping would be fine if it was similar to that of "Marathon Quickscopers" of MW2. I think it takes the most skill. So I think it should be kept. Doesn't give players any type of over the top advantage. When's the last time you someone with a sniper get more kills then someone running around with an AK-47 or some other gun? Given they are both of equal skill level. Never.

If need be I hope they nerf the hell out of anyone that uses a sniper. No aim assist, nothing like quickdraw, or stalker pro. If you are carrying a sniper you should get the recoil and weight as a real sniper. Then if you can still qs, brag all you want lol. Sniper rifles should be used in the game how they are in real life. Wouldn't that be something?lol I'm cool with them adding a playlist just for snipers too.

Well nothing else in the game is used as if it's real life. I don't see why people focus so much attention on snipers. I can quickscope or play like a real sniper and still get good KDS and achieve my killstreaks, so it doesn't really bother me. I'll use snipers no matter what. (Not that I only use snipers, I only pull them out for fun) But I just don't understand why all the want for nerfing on the snipers? They can't even keep up with the regular guns as is.

<--- Sucks at Quickscoping. I just can't grasp the concept and excecute the action. I'm hundreds of times better at just getting kills with throwing knives/tomahawks.

I'd rather someone try to Quickscope me than sit in a corner on a far end of the map and Hardscope, though. At least that way I have a super easy chance of being alive and getting the kill.

What I CAN NOT stand are the 10 year old kids who say that Quickscoping is what sniper rifles in CoD are for. I swear to you, my child will not grow up so ignorant, and it's a girl.

Ok, i knew there would be a lot of p***ing & moaning about this subject "Quick-scoping" as soon as i seen that announcement on Elite about "World reveal - 1st May" and in all fairness YES i suppose it is an aquired skill running around a map like a penis brandishing the precious " Gold MSR " or whatever your weapon of choice maybe. BUT for it to be included in this release in the current rediculous form as in MW3, i'd like to make 1 ( one ) change to the Sniper rifle category & that alone would be to set a restrictor mechanism in-place so as to only fire the bullet when fully scoped. i.e not so the screen is black from half in/half out scope (Quick-scope), when the dude doesn't even press the "Aim or Scope-in" button (no-scope) but so you can actually recognise the reticle in the scope centre.

***Please note this is my own opinion, thoughts and/or ideas no-one elses***

But @ the end of the day.....

It's gonna be night-time & people gonna "hate or flame me" whatever i say!!!

But in the words of a famous white rapper that broke the mould " I just don't give a f**k "

winits.

kylet345

winits wrote:

Ok, i knew there would be a lot of p***ing & moaning about this subject "Quick-scoping" as soon as i seen that announcement on Elite about "World reveal - 1st May" and in all fairness YES i suppose it is an aquired skill running around a map like a penis brandishing the precious " Gold MSR " or whatever your weapon of choice maybe. BUT for it to be included in this release in the current rediculous form as in MW3, i'd like to make 1 ( one ) change to the Sniper rifle category & that alone would be to set a restrictor mechanism in-place so as to only fire the bullet when fully scoped. i.e not so the screen is black from half in/half out scope (Quick-scope), when the dude doesn't even press the "Aim or Scope-in" button (no-scope) but so you can actually recognise the reticle in the scope centre.

***Please note this is my own opinion, thoughts and/or ideas no-one elses***

But @ the end of the day.....

It's gonna be night-time & people gonna "hate or flame me" whatever i say!!!

But in the words of a famous white rapper that broke the mould " I just don't give a f**k "

winits.

Lol, White Rapper? Tupac made that song in 1991.

rlbl

My opinion:

As long as quickdraw/SOH (or whatever it is going to be called) does not allow for snipers to pull up their weapon and shoot faster than life, then I have no issues.

Not hating on quickscoping... I simply do not like the mechanics of the MW series of snipers (and yeah I do snipe and yes I do quickscope here and there).

What they did in BO (when 1st came out) was not good at all (random bullet centering).  What I think would be perfect is:

Have the user be able to center their shot and aim like in the MW series, but no fast aiming (like playing with a sniper rifle in MW3 without quickdraw).

my $0.02

@winits. Your idea is not bad I guess. But why not the ability to hipfire on sniper rifles? You can do it on every other gun. In fact, MW3 people who use the PP90 hipfire more then they ADS. Just like any other gun, the sniper adds a different gameplay to the game. And I might add that you don't have to be a complete **** to run around and quickscope lol. Me and a few of my friends do it. And we aren't the aholes running around corners randomly scoping in and seeing if we can get someone in our line of sight. We are the ones who rush and see how many kills we can get xD We aren't trying BS shots or no scopes. Nor are we losing the game for our team, we all still play objectives and we all go positive majority of the time. NOR am I some ignorant kid who thinks this is how snipers should be used. I was raised around guns, and I'm currently enlisted in the DEP for the United States Marines. I just like it for the different and to me more fun play style it CAN add to the game. If your not some kid just using the sniper to see if he can get some BS trickshot he doesn't even have the skill to land or some ahole jumping around every corner seeing if he can land a lucky no scope. But I'm not dissing you. I'm just wondering why that change? I'd be fine with it if it actually came out that way. I don't no scope anyways xD and I agree with rlbl at basically all he had to say.

BO sniping was/is perfect!!!!(after the patches, not at the beginning) they should implement the same sniping style in BO2!

MW3 and MW2 sniping is low...

dalger22

Yawn...another one of these lame topics again? 

keep your sniping the same as other treyarch games guys... (IW are the new how to mess up a game team)

Thesandman

Keep sniping the same as Black ops. Its was fair and balanced.

Agree. Nothing wrong with Black Ops quickscoping. Here's a normal quickscoping clip I got. Nothing flashy, nothing really good. But I don't see anything OP about it. No reason to nerf. Nothing much to change.

idk wtf this kid is talking about quickscoping and skill lol. in the words of mr josh olin " it is a miss use of autoaim" so yeah. no skill. and all this **** about other people killing snipers with the ACR and other guns, well thats because they are fully automatic and are made to be more versitile unlike the sniper which is used for long range encounters not 5 foot quickscopes.... quickscoping=tool

tommyguns3434

I heard a rumor that there will be no aim assist for sniper rifles in BO2, so if your a quickscoper it will take some actual skill to pull it off. 

I don't use aim assist. Lol. Watch the video carefully and you'd be able to see that. And have you read anything I've said? I use regular guns more then I do snipers. Snipers are just in a once in awhile thing. But why should they nerf them? Because people don't like to die by them? Get better skill so you won't die by them then. Most people can't even use the snipers. Majority of the people here who are complaining about the snipers, CAN'T use them. If they were OP don't you think you'd be able to do good with them? Go ahead, go take a sniper and take advantage of your aim assist and see if you go positive. And I also use the snipers at long range more then I do at short range. And yes the ACR and other guns are are more versitile. But the ACR? Has no recoil. The PP90? Has so much damage and one of the highest firing rates in the game. The MP7? Is an SMG that can be used at any range and still does extremely good. There's nothing wrong with these guns. But why do people complain about snipers when there are much better guns and when 80% of the CoD community can't use the snipers.

quick scopeing takes skill to be able to hit some at a really far range that u can ensure by hardscoping takes skill to quickscope someone thats moveing takes skill to pull of a trick shot takes skill nothing bad about it i personaly like the cod 4 quicksopeing

Quickscopers cry all the time how I snipe them. They do not respect other players. and every qs is 6 years old helium voiced kid. Realy? and you are supposed to be pros. Snipers are truly pros. We do not miss, we shoot headshots and all that while you spray and pray. You shouldn't even touch sniper riffles. Not even watch that holy weapon.

Sniping should be hardest while standing up and easiest while in the prone position. You can't run and magically shoot someone while not looking through the scope. There should be a whole lot more recoil while standing and not too much while prone. Have you ever held a Barret .50 cal? It is more than likely that you will be shooting in the prone position anyway.

im so tired of hearing qs say it takes skill no skill is needed kid

if i can qs thats a issue if your hardscoping i wouldnt get mad beacuse your using the sniper how your supposed to use it using quickdraw pro and sensativity at 8+

stop trying to defend it and get out of bop2 forum because this game wont have it rns

I get what your coming from ghillisniper. But this games multiple player has always been played as a kind of super soldier. Otherwise there wouldn't of been a perk system. I have held a sniper rifle. Not particularly a Barret 50. Cal. But I know how heavy they are. But I also know how heavy an M240 is. And no one runs as fast in real life as they ran with those things in MW2 with lightweight marathon. You can argue that this is because of the perks. But this games multiplayer isn't meant to be realistic. So why do people complain about the snipers in this game? Nothing else plays realistically. The top players of the game run around and jump around corners and drop shot or jump whenever a grenade goes by them, no one does that kind of stuff in real life. And Leonardo. I'm pretty sure your accuracy in this game isn't 100% so I don't know what you are talking about being a pro and never missing. I can hardscope real fine. I've got a MOAB video with it. Can't achieve that with quickscoping. Quickcoping isn't easy. None of the people here complaining have said they can do it. I wonder why their complaining then? Hmmm. But your entitled to your own opinion.. but it would be nice if you backed up that opinion with some facts and put up a proper arguement rather then um, talking trash? You call me a kid. How about you talk on these forums like a reasonable human being?

Honestly? I believe they shouldn't nerf or try to nerf quickscoping. They already tried that when they first came out with Black Ops. They should worry about balancing other weapons and worrying about the OP of weapons damage and firing rate. QUICKSCOPING ISN'T THE EASIEST THING TO DO. Actually anyone can quickscope, its just.. are you good at it? Are you able to get your killstreaks and last a longer time then someone with a high firing rate like a SMG or a no recoil Assault rifle?

People who enjoy quickscoping like myself, are the same as everyone enjoying shooting a gun on COD, the thing is is that its fun and different from running around like everyone else out there with a gun.

Not to mention the Quickscoping theory is ALREADY messed up, I could shoot someone right in the head and still get Hitmarkers, or from Chest and up and get a Hitmarker and have to put another one of my sniper bullets in them to kill um (sometimes the second dont work either) and by that time I could be dead.

****Also, if you want a full weighted sniper rifle, then BO2 will become just another form of BattleField3, COD  over the years has always been known for Quickscoping, and I always hear on any COD game or from COD fans, about the competition between COD and BF3, and Quickscoping is one of the things out there thats keeping COD popular and differen't from BF3 (Not saying there isn't many differences, thats just a huge example of what makes us COD players different) So STOP complaining about Quickscopers, because you'll just be ruining fun for people who like it, because you don't think its fun.**

How is sniping/quickscoping unfair.... You rarely get moabs with the things so therefor it does take skill. If you think I'm wrong i'd like to see you get a moab with just quickscoping. Just becuase you suck and you cant kill a guy with a sniper at close range doesn't mean its op.

robbierocket

Hey, your post was ********. How is quickscoping unfair?

It turns the disadvantage of a long-range-weapon-only into an advantage.

The argument has got nothing to do with skill, if you tell me quickscoping is skillful, fine, if you tell me it takes loads of skill to be as effective doing it as using an Assault Rifle, well done, that's great - BUT, it's still unfair, because those who master it then have a weapon good at all ranges, wait, hold on, awesome at all ranges, OHK!

There has to be a cap on power in a game and that cap is what balances out the weapons and the game in general. You can say that everyone has an opportunity to do it, and in that way it is fair, but then you miss the point, because what we're saying is that the style is overpowered and you can only use that style with sniper rifles, thus limiting the game and other player's chance of competing.

Imagine if you had to do something quick (or dextrous or well-timed or clever) with the controller/game when using a shotgun to pull off a 50 metre OHK shot blast. Not everyone could do it, but everyone could equip that gun and try, does that make it fair?

I see no problem with quickscoping, I find it a little boring. I don't die that much against them. quickscopers just give me thier location and die happily.

esmorgue

Hopescoping takes no skill or whatever the children may call it, might I add they spend more time trying to get good at it rather than something useful to mankind.

Make Black Ops 2 like Black Ops was sleight of hand pro gave you quicker ADS except for snipers.