14 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2012 10:43 AM by redskynyrd RSS

Lag Issues

When are you going to fix the lag compensation system? Because it is getting rather irritating when I get instantly killed by someone who has a slight lag it's like I am playing hardcore only I am not or when I shoot almost an entire clip at someone and get enough hit markers to kill them but then suddenly I get instantly killed by them and I watch the kill cam and they fired an entire clip at me and took longer then a second to kill me. Also when are you going to fix the match making? Because I keep getting laggy hosts when ever I play and my internet speed is higher then average. Also when is the spawn system going to be fixed as well? Please any feedback from any of the devs will do I just need to know when so I can finally be killed by some skill and not lag especially when I get the first shot it's just getting irritating that's all.

• Re: Lag Issues

Hello Adam12345678,

What console are you playing on?

Xbox 360

How are you connecting your XBox 360 online, Adam?  Are you connecting wirelessly, wired to your router, or hard-wired to your modem?  Also, what region are you playing in and who is your ISP?

risensei

as if it is Adams FAULT! His system, his set up!? This is total BULL and you know it! The lag is the GAMES fault! NOT OURS!

redskynyrd

I play on PS3 with 30mb service from Charter Cable. I'm hard wired into the Netgear modem/router but the PS3 is always slower than my pc and I get only 3 bars of connection on Nat type 2 with open connection but lags most of the time. I have contacted Charter but they can't or won't help.

When I google the subject, people are suggesting all sorts of things that I'm not sure would help or make things worse. What do you suggest? Most people aren't computer experts and I shouldn't have to be after I've paid  over $130.00 for the game with elite.

It would seem that if we can put a man on the moon and read a lisence plate from space, someone could make a video game that works properly online and especially after making as much money as they do on 1 game.

risensei

"after making" that is the key phrase! How much more would they make for fixing a game that only has 6 months left? They have no incentive to fix this mess. They have made no improvement in the last 6 months,...they will continue this until the next game comes out. PERIOD.

redskynyrd

The Call of Duty/Modern Warfare series continues year after year and Black Ops 2 is coming out after this. I think the problem is with PSN throttling back players with higher speed internet. I guess it's gonna take people not buying the game anymore because they are tired of the lag issues.   

I am hard wired to my router and I am in Florida my ping is 74 and my download speed is 9.57mbps and my upload speed is 0.93mbps.

ScArFaCee.

they need to fix it

Lag compensation sucks... seemed like for what seemed like forever until I switched back to a wired connection. This game was practically unplayable prior to that. Now lag compensation seems to happen a lot less then it normally did. It's a shame, I have no problems playing any of the other call of duty's wireless. What we really need is a local only option. Fantastic choice on the developers end not including this.

For those of you who mentioned that you play on PS3 and have connection issues, these settings may help you out:

1. http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-ps3-playstation-3.htm This guide will show you how to set a static IP address for your Playstation 3.

2. http://www.portforward.com On this webpage click on Router > Port Forwarding Guides > Select your router manufacturer > Select the router model > Select the guide for your game (PS3 Modern Warfare 3) > Follow the steps in the provided guide.

3. Disable any firewall or security features within your router.

4. Set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your        Playstation 3. This game uses ports 81, 3074, 3075, 3478, 3479 (UDP) and ports 80, 443, 3074, 5223 (TCP).

For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3 systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658

For those of you playing on Xbox 360:

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-xbox360.htm How to set up a static IP address on your Xbox 360.

http://www.portforward.com On this webpage select your Router brand and model > Select your game

Disable any firewall or security features on your router.

Set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Xbox 360. This game uses port 3074 (UDP/TCP).

Additionally Xbox Live requires ports 80, 53 (TCP) and 88, 53 (UDP).

redskynyrd

Thanks, it helped even though my up and down are still not what they should be for the service I have. Any improvement is still an improvement so I'll take it.. Thanks for the info!

ELITE_Help gives the same bullsh!t answer to everybody who has lag problems.

This game is lagging because the system they use for matchmaking does not work.

We know it and they know it so cut the bull and fix it