1 40 41 42 43 44 Previous Next 886 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 11:22 AM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 410. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    Snipingdbag

Funny people ask the devs to change lmgs, Done. people ask to buff Blast shied in HC Done. People ask to buff the dragunov, done..

People complain for hours and hours and pages and pages how removing the extended mags pellets has made most shotties worse or the same pre "buff", yet nothing...

While the fmgs are still in the game

This are / is the best shotgun... This is on the current fmgs patch btw.

• 411. Re: Shotgun balance thread

I use the Striker with damage and I am finding it takes 4 to 5 shots close range even to kill a person - WITH DAMAGE, yet other shotguns will kill with 1 shot with damage. Makes no sense to me. So IMHO the Striker needs a buff, shouldn't take that many shots to kill someone with the damage proficiency, especially at close range (within 5 feet). I've killed people faster with the range proficiency than with damage.

GT - ungawd

• 412. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    Brick2urFace

Striker is fine.  If it is takeing that many shots then something is wrong on your end.  For the others in this thread it functions as expected.

• 413. Re: Shotgun balance thread

Snipingdbag wrote:

Funny people ask the devs to change lmgs, Done. people ask to buff Blast shied in HC Done. People ask to buff the dragunov, done..

People complained for months about LMGs.  Ghandi tended to ignore any weapon-stat based arguments [regardless of weapon], replying that balance was subjective or arguing that "other factors" like just liking a particular weapon or setup figured into it.  When Ghandi said that LMGs would be buffed, he also said that the devs had looked at the usage numbers and decided not enough people were using LMGs.

Ghandi has also defended the state of shotguns in the past by saying that  people would complain if shotguns were buffed, and that they were trying to strike a balance between complaints for and against shotguns.

As for HC Blast Shield, that is something that probably should have been patched immediately, if not been present in the release copy of the game.  But IW appears scared or strangely reluctant to risk the appearance that they've taken cues from Treyarch's games.

• 414. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    Brick2urFace

What I find is hilarious is that the people that complain that shotguns are weak will give them stats and videos displaying the problems.  But the people that say shotguns are too good only say that they were killed by them too much and they usually have little to no experience with the weapon its self.  Its like me saying the dragunov is over powered because some dude head shot me a bunch of times in a match.  I have never used the dragunov and I have no idea how it performs or how much skill it takes to use effectively because I only saw the end result of me dying in the killcam. 

If you can find a person who uses the 3 manual actions and the aa12 consistently and thinks they are over powered then I will be surprised.  Actually some people actually have done this but then their stats show that they have the weapons in question among their lowest weapons.  No one that does well with the 4 shotguns thinks they are op. 

• 415. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    smokesdope

Things like this is what annoys me with the shot ties I couldn't get any closer to the guy and he drops to last stand and could have killed me.

On a plus it's the first time I've got damage with the USAS and it is quite good the one shots are alright and if you get a hit marker you can quickly get another shot off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBG2twejvIA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• 416. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    blb128

Brick2urFace wrote:

What I find is hilarious is that the people that complain that shotguns are weak will give them stats and videos displaying the problems.  But the people that say shotguns are too good only say that they were killed by them too much and they usually have little to no experience with the weapon its self.  Its like me saying the dragunov is over powered because some dude head shot me a bunch of times in a match.  I have never used the dragunov and I have no idea how it performs or how much skill it takes to use effectively because I only saw the end result of me dying in the killcam. 

If you can find a person who uses the 3 manual actions and the aa12 consistently and thinks they are over powered then I will be surprised.  Actually some people actually have done this but then their stats show that they have the weapons in question among their lowest weapons.  No one that does well with the 4 shotguns thinks they are op. 

I will give another example of this. I play with a full party all the time. So I have many people on my friends list that play this game. I got tired of them complaining when they were killed by a shotgun.

I issued a challenge to them. I said if they are so good then equip one and prove it. The complaining changed real quick. I laughed my a$$ off after the match. Only one of them still uses a shotgun regularly. He is also the most skilled player that I play with. What does that tell you?

• 417. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    electricfuneralfire

Lets face it shottys are prolly the worste weapons to use becasue you can shot someone center mass and not get the kill due to a crappy bullet spread. Not because the guns are weak, not lag just crappy luck of the spread. The shottys are powerful but that doesnt matter when you only land 2 pellets. Also headshots are meaningless with shottys, I dont know how many times Ive shot someone that was head glitching in the head 3 times or so with a USAS and not got the kill. And the person was headglitching so there is no where else I could have shot him. The killcams will even show dude flinching three times and the screen gets a tad more red with each hit. With damage by the way.

• 418. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    electricfuneralfire

I tell you what I find funny is when I kill someone with a shotty and theyre like "wtf you still use a shotty, ok then im pullin out my shotty" and they dont do sht that game so if they did pull out there shotty at all they didnt do good with it.

• 419. Re: Shotgun balance thread
    Brick2urFace

Thats exactly my experience with people as well.  If the balance team would just check who is doing the complaining then they might get a more accurate picture of what is going on.

1 40 41 42 43 44 Previous Next