26 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 11:07 AM by Landingwombats RSS

Promo codes for pre order of black ops 2

I pre ordered B.O.2 from gamestop so I could get the mw3 prestige token.  I was able to register that I pre ordered on the gamestopblackops2 website but when I go to get the prestige token the website comes up with unexpected error.  Y may I ask is this.

• Re: Promo codes for pre order of black ops 2

Before attempting to view the website, make sure to clear your cookies/cache/history.

Just in case you're unsure of how to clear your cache/cookies/history:

http://goo.gl/icX1l (IE and Firefox)

http://goo.gl/kRni7 (Google Chrome)

http://goo.gl/ARGU6 (Safari)

Once you've done that, visit this link:

https://profile.callofduty.com/codprestige

You'll log in with your ELITE account credentials. At this time, you will want to double check that you have the correct Gamertag/SEN ID linked to your ELITE account.

Once you have redeemed your code, please allow 24-48 hours for your token to show up in the MW3 prestige shop.

killerconfirmed

Well...good luck...i entered my codes...they worked...said i would recieve my token within 24hrs....well. its been 98hrs and counting...still no token. all activision says..we will forward your information to the proper people...may take 5 to 7 days...and i wait...

No error message, and redeemed token, but no prestige for MW3 yet.

i've been getting the "unexpected error" message for days now.. idk but ill just keep trying i guess. seems like a random issue.

If you still have not received your prestige token, I would recommend contacting Activision Customer Support via phone/chat so they can collect some additional information to have the issue looked into further.

http://support.activision.com

You can log into the support site using your Call of Duty ELITE account credentials.

SystemErr

I have been getting the same error everyone else has been when trying to redeem the MW3 prestige token. After wasting time with two uninformed support staff which told me to try another computer, browser, device, clear cache, cookies, etc.. etc.. I finally came across a support person that was aware of this issue. Basic explanation was a corrupt Elite profile which can be tested if you try to go to profile.callofduty.com If you get an error message chances are there is a problem with your profile. How it was corrupted he did not have an explanation for.  A lot of time and aggravation could have been spared if the support staff was more knowledgeable.

That being said, the support person that was aware of the issue explained there could be a fix by creating a new account with a different email address. When asked what would happen to my old account, email info, and basic account information he did not have a clear answer; Understandable since he is not running the database. Being somewhat security conscious and feeling simply creating another account is not a reasonable solution I asked to keep my ticket open until they know exactly what is going on.

For all we know it could be a simple website programming error to someone hacked their database and downloaded all of our personal and gaming information. The issue is large enough for this particular tech to feel management needed to be made more aware how widespread the issue is but not large enough for all of their support staff to be aware of it.

As it stands now I have not been able to use the above link or redeem the token. I can however log into my elite account and use all of the features except go to the account profile pull down menu.

Hopefully this information will help us obtain a solution, make management aware this is an issue that should be properly addressed, and let us know what the reason is for this issue. Is our personal information safe? Have our accounts been compromised? Is this a simple promotion account linking error?

i did the same thing i got some error messages but i was eventually able to type in the code. i dont have mw3 but borrowed from my friend and he said he didnt get his prestige token. i checked it out on my ps3 and i didnt get a prestige token but instead i got double xp which is wierd because i didnt get double xp last time i played and that was almost a month ago

i did the same thing i got some error messages but i was eventually able to type in the code. i dont have mw3 but borrowed from my friend and he said he didnt get his prestige token. i checked it out on my ps3 and i didnt get a prestige token but instead i got double xp which is wierd because i didnt get double xp last time i played and that was almost a month ago

I have done everthing that was supposed to be done and when I enter the code after signing up or signing in I have to enter the code again.  When I enter the code again it is telling me that the code is invalid.  I will take this code back to gamestop tomorrow and see what is up.  I guess I just want to see if there is a fix.  I really dont care all that much though as I reall yhavent been playing much of MW2.2 oops sorry MW2 with updated maps and guns oops I mean the new MW that is "nothing like MW2"....  Since I have to go into Gamestop tomorrow to get the new Ghost Recon I will say what they say about this issue.  I "really" dont see what the problem is, ever since this remake has come out there hasn't been one single issue associated with it, right?  It will work maybe tomorrow, right?

OH who am I joking, ever since this game has come out it has been a piece of S4!T game.  They have made my favorite game unplayable!!!.  Never thought i would say this but Treyarch Made a much better COD, no not WoW.  I mean BLOPS. 

Enough ranting.......Anyone else had an ivalid code error???

WOW See what I mean no issues what so ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!