1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 9:30 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    rankismet

IcyRapture wrote:

It should not be a report option, if the developers were the ones who brought it into the game it's actually their fault than the people are just using it for fun. I think a temporary ban out of that game lobby would be an easier way to get rid of them, it would keep the trolls from re-joining and continuing trolling.

I could not disagree more with that statement and outlook on life.

Choosing to be an asshat is not enabled... it's a choice.

• 51. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    rankismet

avengedyesterday wrote:

For sure, it should be a reportable offence after a game has ended or hell even put a option in to report during a game. It's pretty obvious to tell who is doing it on purpose and who isn't. You want to troll hardcore? fine you don't ever get to play it again.

Agreed... sent this tweet:

@DavidVonderhaar @MaTtKs report option for teamkilling in HC #BlackOps2? just a thought.

• 52. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    ghosthound

IcyRapture wrote:

It should not be a report option, if the developers were the ones who brought it into the game it's actually their fault than the people are just using it for fun. I think a temporary ban out of that game lobby would be an easier way to get rid of them, it would keep the trolls from re-joining and continuing trolling.

The developers brought it into to the game to add to the [increased] realism in hardcore.

I've said it before:

- 1 team kill =

The player killed gets a choice to forgive or put the offending player on their last chance.

- 2 team kills =

If the player is on their last chance they are kicked and banned from all multiplayer lobbies for 5 minutes.

If the player was forgiven for the 1st team kill they are now on their last chance and will be kicked and banned from all multiplayer lobbies for 5 minutes.

*Note - team kills from kill streaks SHOULD NOT COUNT towards your team kill tally.

• 54. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    iidarkshadowoo

If you team kill within the first five seconds, you should get kicked.

If you team kill the same person twice, you should get kicked.

If you team kill three random team mates, you should get kicked.

• 55. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    matuzz

iidarkshadowoo wrote:

O_o its you!

• 56. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    rankismet

iidarkshadowoo wrote:

I can live with that.

• 57. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    myevo8you

I think a little better system should be created. There were NUMEROUS times in Black Ops where if a friendly was in a certain spot or walking at a certain angle their name WAS NOT VISIBLE and it appeared to be an enemy. Also the Killstreak "accidents" were sometimes unavoidable as the napalm strike was notorious for killing people in buildings, and not being where you placed it. The B-52 was along the same lines as well. My personal opinion on the matter is I REALLY like the kicking out rule, however the flaw with that is that a LOT of the people that I had played with that were doing it were host and could NOT be kicked. These people knew they were host and would TK just for the jollies and literally went 0 kills and negative 1600 pints on HCTDM (Yes, that was 16 team kills). After I saw him do it 3 times I left, and went back in theater and watched him.

I think that there should be 2 seperate punishments for the offenders. First the host offenders. There should be a reporting option like Black Ops, but in HC modes there should be a TK report. If you get reported for TK'ing as host, your host priveledges should be not allowed.

Now for normal TK's. There should be a "voting" system. This would help when playing in a party, as somone else mentioned if a teammate gets kicked out the party always backs out to grab them. As a player that plays in a party 99% of the time, I can see a real benefit from this. Accidents happen. I know of several occasions where I have been running around a corner cooking a grenade and get shot randomly and the grenade falls and BOOM I will kill 2 teammates. Not my fault, and not intentional.

I also really liked the fact in Black Ops where tean kills didn't count as a death.

• 58. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?

I probably don't play HC as much you guys probably do, but I agree with the kicking method iidarkshadowoo gave, as well with team kills with killstreaks not counting towards the process.

As for the banning cause, I say that with 3 kicks in 24 hours leads to 1 to 3 hours ban. Some might think this is as a very small punishment, but at least for the first time, it should be 1 to 3 hours.

About the voting system, it pretty much depends on the way it would work, but I don't think it will be necessary.

• 59. Re: Hardcore -- 3 TK kick, Ricochet... or something new?
    tallowby

myevo8you wrote:

the flaw with that is that a LOT of the people that I had played with that were doing it were host and could NOT be kicked.

Solution

If host team kills they loose host immediately... There after they can be booted.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next