1 2 3 Previous Next 124 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 1:35 AM by robbierocket RSS

Matchmaking System.

esmorgue

This should be of the highest priority. All of you please feel free to chime in and post ideas yourselves about this topic.

Please stay on topic.

It is time to move from the attitude of just let them play, to "Let us play close to home". We need a "Local" search function that needs to actually work this time around.

I implore to you "Vahn" to implement the 'Local' Search Preference to Local Only by Default. Let us have the chance please, to give feedback about the experience we obtain from using it. Whether if it is hard to find matches, at what times of the day or night, days of the week. What are locations in the world is.

We desire to help you make a experience for us and yourselves. Please give us a chance to help.

Thanks

Morgue

• 1. Re: Matchmaking System.
    esmorgue

To further a cause that will without a doubt be complained about in the future.

I see that the "I want eye candy" Threads have already started. When this is the most crucial time before a game comes out, when focusing on performance and connectivity and all things that matter for smooth online gameplay should be focused upon.

• 2. Re: Matchmaking System.
    LP_UND34D_47

If im not mistaken, this option was available in black ops 1.  Maybe in a late patch, but it happened.  I have the search preferences set on local only, and it is very nice. Have rarely run into big issues with lag. Plus its fun finding people from your area while playing

• 3. Re: Matchmaking System.
    esmorgue

It was in the game, but didn't really work. The move they should make is to have it on from release. Let those that have a hard time finding matches disable it so they increase the likelihood of finding matches. It was stated BlackOps CoDHq that it really wasn't working because the game out of the box had it to default preference. I and others tried to get them to patch it to Local Only by default.

• 4. Re: Matchmaking System.
    ghamorra

I wouldn't mind having to wait in a queue for a match. It would cut down on the dashboarding since joining a match is a longer process. But if it means that I'm going to be able to play a game that will have few lag issues then I'm all for it

• 5. Re: Matchmaking System.
    avengedyesterday

ghamorra wrote:

I wouldn't mind having to wait in a queue for a match. It would cut down on the dashboarding since joining a match is a longer process. But if it means that I'm going to be able to play a game that will have few lag issues then I'm all for it

Me too but i doubt it would stop put a damper on dashboarding and rage quitting.

Matchmaking in general really needs an overhaul and i really hope they just don't keep the same system. Throwing people into losing games, breaking teams up randomly instead of trying to aim for balance, no attempts to match full parties against other parties.

• 6. Re: Matchmaking System.
    esmorgue

@ghamorra,

Agreed. I am not a child nor in a rush to hurry and get in a match when the are possibly 10s of thousands in that game mode. I want smooth, as free of latency matches possible. Not a match where every seems to be totally out of sync but a few.

• 7. Re: Matchmaking System.
    esmorgue

@avengedyesterday,

It is far past due for them to stop the throwing into matches craps. That are totally hopeless. Also I agree with the party matchmaking idea you have also.

• 8. Re: Matchmaking System.
    avengedyesterday

esmorgue wrote:

@ghamorra,

Agreed. I am not a child nor in a rush to hurry and get in a match when the are possibly 10s of thousands in that game mode. I want smooth, as free of latency matches possible. Not a match where every seems to be totally out of sync but a few.

Definatly agree with that. I wouldn't mind waiting at all for a fresh match with decent connections.

• 9. Re: Matchmaking System.
    esmorgue

@avengedyesterday,

I can say that if it is true what Ghandi said on MW3 CoDHq about them going over every line of netcoding since MW2 (I believe that was the latest game he said) then maybe we will have a change from what is happening since BlackOps. We can only hope.

Also we need to stay on Vahn and affiliates about wanting and needing a better system.

1 2 3 Previous Next