22 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 5:40 AM by WiseguyFTL RSS

Sniping

Looking forward to this game but I have a feeling that the sniping will be bad like the first black ops. Maybe it was just the hit detection problems but the sniping was horrible. I also hope they dont try to stop quickscoping again because its a fun part of cod. It should be like mw3 where you have to use quickdraw to do it.

• Re: Sniping

I think quickscoping in MW3 is overpowered! I hope that sniping in Black Ops II is gonna be a bit easier than sniping in Black Ops, but certainly not as easy as in MW3! Just my opinion

I guess its overpowered in MW3 but I think they did a good job because you have to give up your second perk aka (Assasin) so its balanced. And quickscoping takes skill anyway.

Quick scoping should be removed for ever it totally goes against the whole concept of being in the sniper devision. Has anyone actually tried to quick scope with a berrett 50 cal rifle or any real rifle its physically impossible. Quick scoping is for sad people who can not use open sights end of.

so your upset because its not "physically impossible" because in real war we all have a million lives and a raidar at the top  of our eyes and careage........and your complaing about quick scoping ilke the guy before said that stuff takes skill.

Quick scoping takes no skill lol... auto aim assist = point at enemy and zoom in witch auto targets enemy and fire before they move too much. 1st game i tried it i went 20 kills and 4 deaths

auto targets enemy? you sir are retarded. every gun in mw3 has aim assist. And the first time you tried quickscoping you did not go 20 in 4. GTFO.

Since when has COD been a real-life simulator?

Quickscoping is Literally the easiest thing you can do in COD games....and most annoying.

P.S I Qs

avengedyesterday

I prefer it to stay the way it was in blackops. I never really liked sniping much in any other call of duty but for some reason I really enjoyed blackops sniping.

esmorgue

avengedyesterday wrote:

I prefer it to stay the way it was in blackops. I never really liked sniping much in any other call of duty but for some reason I really enjoyed blackops sniping.

As did I. Also Vahn stated earlier this year that he was trying to come up with a way to equally "piss" off everyone.

avengedyesterday

esmorgue wrote:

avengedyesterday wrote:

As did I. Also Vahn stated earlier this year that he was trying to come up with a way to equally "piss" off everyone.

lol good ol Vahn. That's the thing about balancing, someone is always going to be pissed off and he knows it.

esmorgue

He had a little discussion. He called upon people to participate and chime in different ideas to help with fixing it for everyone. Dealing with the FLAW that it is.

youbetrollin

How many times do you see a kid dominating while sniping / Quick scoping.. seriously it's the main thing everyone complains about every year a new COD comes out or before......

ghamorra

I liked the sniping in BO when the game wasn't so laggy. As far as quickscoping goes I do think that it should be limited to certain lobbies as it is an easy exploit (I mean that in a non-negative way) to execute

dastealth

I liked sniping in Black Ops but it was only really any good when you had 4 bars and even then sometimes it was sketchy. If they did something like they did in Black Ops but definately improved the hit detection I think it would be fine.

40UP

Well I hope they make it so that if your using a sniper rifle  you don't die with one hit unless it's a headshot  cos I'm sick of these death where it's a one shot to the body bull sh!t kills one hit should only be to the head.

matuzz

The sniping was fine in Black Ops except some really annoying hit detection problems.

Also you can still Quick Scope in Black Ops. I hope they keep the snipers like they were in Blobs.

Just to note that is PC gameplay, NO aimassist

Perks, Lightweight, Hardened and Marathon.

WiseguyFTL

Mw3 quickscoping is definitely not OVERPOWERED, however it's ANNOYING AS ****. I hope they make the sniping COD4 style. No quickdraw / soh pro, but no BS Sway like in BO1. I heard nobody complain about the sniping in COD4, it would be perfect.

dstr001

If you sniped PROPERLY in Black ops there was nothing wrong with it; just because for the first time quickscoping took a bit of skill everyone hated it, give me a break.

Heres the deal; Treyarch HATE quickscoping, and if they find a way to stop it completely they will, which I have confidence that they will try.

Please, don't attempt to start on me, saying "QS is leet skilzzzz", I really couldn't care less about your opinions; fact is that Mw2 and Mw3s quickscoping was far too easy, you all need to realise that.

A quickscope shouldn't beat anything at close range, but in those games, it does, thats the problem.

WiseguyFTL

I agree, BO was a bit too extreme at the start (stopped playing that game after 1 month so I don't know what happened to the sniping afterwards), and MW2 and 3 are too easy. They should make it like COD4, no random sway and no quickdraw / SoH pro.