24 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 4:07 PM by denacioust RSS

Question for you! Yea You.

Izjar11

Will you buy this new game even with the knowldge that lag / lag comp / DLC release dates / spawns / camping will be included?

• Re: Question for you! Yea You.
    Izjar11

Know one wants to answer? I'm curious than. Those who complain on these forums buy the game knowing its faults willingly, than come here to presume innocence? That they were "robbed" and so forth?

TreyArchs cod's are the better cods imho. IW had a great run with CoD4, MW2, but then 3 came and it went to hell. Lag Compensation, Not yet Nerfed PP90M1. Camping Degenerates -ELPRESADOR and finally Noob Tubing. I found that MW2 and 3 both encourage this type of play. Which essentially sucks, because I enjoy gun on gun confrontation. I don't need to hide in a storage room, behind a barrel, proned under a tree. I run around and kill. I die sure, but Idc. I kill as many as possible before it happens. And in games like blackops it's easier to find because not as many people run around noob tubing the map or quickscoping every five secs with interventions.

I will state it now, I'm in no way saying cod doesn't have it's share of scrubby players. But TreyArchs cod's seem to have the better communitys. People that I've played when not abusing ghost and a famas/ghalil. Are actually motivated and trying to run around for kills. I just find the community more enjoyable. IW's games are good and fun sometimes won't deny that. But MW3 is what really turned me away from their games. I know it's sledgehammer and IW is gone. But they could of used the MW2 engine for 3 since it was the final game of its series. Just my 2 cents...

And to answer your first question. I've already pre-ordered. This game will be a fun sequel. It's look is what has some fans angry. But look how well people enjoyed Red Dead Redepmtion after it went Open world after the previous Red Dead Revolver which was Linear. Sure it will have it's angry crowd, but when the game ships and people play it. I'm sure those who hated it for the time being will grow to love it. It's CoD for a reason. It's a love hate relationship to the series at times, and it's why the franchise has gone on to sell so many games. It sucks you in lol.

esmorgue

I wont pre order until I hear more from Vahn and others who work for Treyarch.

wridtrvlr

I'm about to pre-order the new one if that says anything.  The hardcore COD players will all most likely follow suit.  I really am just getting it for the Zombs, I could care less about the mulit-player aspect.  Last BLOPS I didn't even prestige.  

That being said, most of the things you mentioned were in all of the COD titles.  There is just no way to avoid someone sitting in a corner, ADS, when you don't know they are there at first. 

Izjar11

Im with you on that reply, though when I first started to play BOPS I didn't like zombies, now I cant have enough! Good to see some players are knowingly and willing to buy the next game with the issues that follow.

Seems to me people have very short memories or selctive memories. Blops was unplayable for a lot of people and still is not much better. It seems only people who enjoy zombies had fun, personally I find zombies crap and so does not add anything to the title for me.     MP Problems were never fixed or even addressed. I have a great memory and I will be renting or borrowing a copy to play first.

avengedyesterday

jsdorset wrote:

Seems to me people have very short memories or selctive memories. Blops was unplayable for a lot of people and still is not much better. It seems only people who enjoy zombies had fun, personally I find zombies crap and so does not add anything to the title for me.     MP Problems were never fixed or even addressed. I have a great memory and I will be renting or borrowing a copy to play first.

You have selective memory, they addressed every issue the community brought up. The game had it's issues the first week or two but it was far far far from "unplayable" unless you are playing on a toaster connection.

avengedyesterday wrote:

jsdorset wrote:

You have selective memory, they addressed every issue the community brought up. The game had it's issues the first week or two but it was far far far from "unplayable" unless you are playing on a toaster connection.

Pmsl, you are obviously a fanboy or fangirl and have selective memory, as I said above some of the issues with mp were never fixed and some are still not fixed as some obviously cannot be fixed. But I tell you what you believe what you want and fyi I have two isp's one fast and one average.

But some of the problems with the game have nothing to do with connection, take split screen, how can you say the problems have been solved when still if you play with a split screener on your team the game is messed up. imo split screeners cause a lot of the problems with this game.

Izjar11

I as well experienced allot of problem with BOPS at first and was tired of that plug being pulled out screen and the endless game freezes during the game. Good idea, renting the game before. Problem is if you can rent the game same day or next day it is released.

AC_786

yes i will spend close a 100 pound of my hard earned cash on the harden'd edition of black ops 2 as i know i will end up purchasing the DLC so may as well just grab me the harden'd edition of the game :facepalm:

rlbl

I am in a mental debate. I typically buy all DLC, but with MW3 I feel I duped myself (meaning I am not sure I would have bought DLC knowing what I know now - I cannot stand the new MAPs safe from Piazza and I do not like how the game runs).

I wish to try BO2 (rent it or buy it) before I decide if I am going to buy DLC. If I do decide yes, I will buy elite.  Not quite as cheap as buying the HE, but I can afford the cost difference

I will not be purchasing BLOPS2 on the release date .. I will be watching these forums to see how it is before I consider purchasing it .. If there is an elite package offered with BLOPS2, I will defenitely NOT be purchasing it .. I certainly did not see value for my money with Elite for MW3 .. My intro into the COD series was BLOPS1 and after months of frustation, I realized, it wasn't me, it was lag owning me .. Once they rectified the lag issue (for me), I was actually quite good at it .. Of course, my K/D was so far gone, it didn't make any difference at that point .. I was looking forward to MW3 and I was sorely let down .. Lag like you wouldn't believe, then lag would dissappear and then come back .. I just gave up playing it (I will not purchase any further MW games in the future) .. Of course, complaining about it did nothing and any company that needs to go to Microsoft to help it fix its problems, well, then that company is in trouble .. I fully expect BLOPS2  to start off exactly like BLOPS1 and MW3 and I'm not interested thank you .. If I need more misery in my life, I will go visit my mother-in-law as opposed to spending more of my money on something that is supposed to be an escape from reality but turns out it isn't ..

ghamorra

I'll buy it because I can't say no to this game. When it works like it did today I can't put it down. I'll fork out the money and pray to God that it's halfway playable

Izjar11 wrote:

Will you buy this new game even with the knowldge that lag / lag comp / DLC release dates / spawns / camping will be included?

Yes.