40 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2012 1:57 PM by sovietcookie RSS

WiiU?

sovietcookie

If the WiiU is a total failure and BO2 did come out for the Wii, would you play it on the Wii, or switch to another console, or just give up on COD forever?

• Re: WiiU?
    WAWpro

I would get xbox 360 and buy bo, mw3, and bo2

sovietcookie

In my opinion i think the PS3 is a bit better, but hey, what do i know?

why get a 360 and get cod bo2 .... f that man ... get a ps3 with better graphics ...

infinitlag

Did you mean

nintendo_gamer83 wrote:

Why get an XBOX 360 and get COD BO2. f**k that man, get a PS3 that has better graphics.

Because if you did then

1. Graphics don't make a game

2. There is a TINY difference between graphics between the consoles IF THERE EVEN IS ONE.

3. PS4 is coming out very soon and when if does its going to look as old as a WII.

PikaBoo

I play other games besides cod sooooo.....yeah I wouldn't really care. I'm still getting the WiiU though

codcanuck

After the mess that was MW3, BO2 is my last chance for CoD to redeem itself. If it's also not great, then time for something other than an FPS!

semperfi550

I don't have the money for a WiiU right now so here are three possible outcomes it may come to for me.

1) If BO2 comes out for Wii (I'm 99.99% sure it will) then i get it for Wii and thats that.

2) If BO2 comes out for the WiiU and not Wii then i get BO2 for the PS3.

3) If it does not come to any Nintendo platform (i highly doubt this) then i get BO2 for PS3.

OMG Hidden outcome number 4 O:

4) Due to the lawsuit between IW and Act (by IW i mean West and Zampella) there is a very slim chance BO2 will not come out at all.. it's very slim but cannot be discounted. IW owns the rights to any CoD title set in modern times to the distant future. BO2 takes place in the future so it fits under those conditions. So if BO2 does not come out at all then i say forget CoD and find something else to play.

Man with a plan!

Black Ops was announced after the lawsuit against Activision was filed. Furthermore, Black Ops is by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward. If West and Zampella win their case, they will secure the rights to the Modern Warfare universe and not Black Ops, from what I understand. They can choose to prevent the sales of any future Modern Warfare games and/or DLC if they do win their case. I think the Black Ops franchise will be unaffected by the West and Zampella vs. Activision case, regardless of the outcome. MOUs aren't legal contracts, and at this point it seems that Black Ops 2 is near completion. I think the most likely remedy would be some sort of damages payment from MW2 sales if Activision loses.

joeman1

Hmmm.  I wonder if that is why they set Black Ops in two time periods the 1980's and the distant future.  It would still keep the feel of the first but also give Activision another series that has more modern combat so if they loose the Modern Warfare it won't be a huge blow to them becuase they have set up Black Ops to replace it.  Just thinking out loud really.

What happens if it comes out on the wii but you play it on a wiiu? Would some of the lag issues and framerate problems be a thing of the past since the wiiu will have more then enough hardware to run the game smooth. Personally I am just wondering if the past games will run smoother on the new console.

I was thinking that they will probably publish it for the Wii, not the Wii U.  Only because the Wii U is backward compatible and can play wii games.  That way they mitigate their risk if the Wii U does flop.  You might be right about the smoother gameplay godsmack. 

However, with the piss poor sales of MW3 on the Wii (relatively speaking), I'm not sure what they will do.  They have a big decision to make (and have already made it but are not announcing it yet IMHO). 

1) Go WII U and hope the console sells (risky)

2) Go Wii (less risky, but is it worth it based on the sales of MW3).

3) Do not release anything and wait until the next installment of CoD to see if the Wii U sells and Nintendo captures some of the hardcore gamer market.

Everyone has to realize that just because they sold a half million copies on the Wii of MW3, doesn't mean that the margins are there (profitable).  It really depends on how much it costs for the devs, support personel, how much do they make on each copy sold (they don't get the whole 60 bucks folks, gamestop, distribution mechanisms get their cut too),

Put it this way, if they have a wii team of 20 devs and 10 people that support them (admins, hr, etc...), that costs them around 4M a year (salary, benefits, office space, etc...).  If they CLEAR 20 bucks on each wii MW3 copy sold (and I think that's very high!), that's around 9M.  And don't forget big brother which wants its cut of 30-40% of revenues.

Is it worth it to them?  Remember those costs for people are YEARLY costs.  They pay 4M  a year no matter what.  That 9M is a one time influx of revenue.   If sales keep going down, the cost/revenue curves will intersect.. and that's not gonna work. Activision is a business and shareholders don't care about platforms, graphics, gpu's, blah..blah..blah.  They want a great quarterly statement. 

Even though Wii-U will be compatible with Wii games, doesnt mean the multiplayer of COD could work. Remember that Wii-U will use a different online system, ally codes wont work on the new console.

I don't see BLOPS 2 coming out on the Wii at all, given the low sales of MW3 and the Wii being at the end of its cycle. With Nintendo players finally able to experince the entire COD experience (DLC, graphics, content, etc.), it seems like a no brainer to me to release it for the Wii U. I just don't see Wii gamers receiving a decent port of the game given how much content will be included in BLOPS 2 (8 player zombies, Strikeforce missions with  instaneous or near instaneous unit switching, game types) and how much is left out of Wii COD titles (killstreaks, attachments, proper weapon fire rates, security fixes, game stability, etc.). I see BLOPS 2 (if it has good reception) selling well on the Wii U.

However, the official release date (rumored to be Nov. 18th and likely) of the console or the launch title list could affect BLOPS 2 sales on the Wii U. I don't see these two points having a major impact, at least in the long run. The biggest item, in my opinion, is the reception of the Wii U itself that will determine how well titles will sell, which is still in question.

Blogi

Stop panicing, they made a BO2 Wii forum, thats your proof, it will come for a Wii, But for the Wii U.

Blogi wrote:

Stop panicing, they made a BO2 Wii forum, thats your proof, it will come for a Wii, But for the Wii U.

No.

The  migrated the forums straght from the blops ones, with the wii ones to. They deleted the wii ones.

^^ What he said. it was a mistake.

Also, found this pretty interesting...

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2011/04/29/how-your-60-video-game-is-chopped-u p/

Don't know if it's accurate, but it looks like my 20 bucks a game for activision is pretty spot on.

I agree with your logic, but would have to say that the dev team is smaller then what you think it is. Remember they aren't actually developing the game for the wii they are porting it. A process that should take less resources. Also the chunk that uncle sam gets is probably closer to 10-15% because these guys have lawyers that no how to squeeze every cent out of the IRS. But you make a good point about wether the risk is to great to release the game for  wiiu or even if it is worth releasing for the wii itself. Sounds like most of us might have to get out COD fix on another console.

padiego

People who buy other consoles for call of duty are what I classify to be BEYOND stupid.

If BO2 came out for wii, i would play it, you know why? Because Black Ops wasn't a total failure on the wii, and to be honest, when you ARE SMART AND KNOW HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT MATCHES, you will actually enjoy the game. By right matches, i mean of course Mosh pit, there's never any ghost campers in there, and to be honest, famas is not even near OP, its trash

sovietcookie

I'm getting a PS3, but not necessearily for COD, but for all the other good stuff.

If i really wanted to play COD for another console i would've gotten a PS3 when MW2 came out. I'm interested in Batman Arkham Asylum and the Blu-Ray player. My new tv would love the PS3

And i would try to play those other game modes in BO, but when there's like 21 people in that game mode, it's kind of hard to find a match.

padiego

Mosh pit was AMAZINGLY easy to find a match in, even with a party. Obviously, the secret player teleporting out of the party was always annoying, but i could live with it.
        I reccomend buying a crapload of different cables to fully take advantage of the ps3's capabilities(because otherwise, the picture will look the same or almost the same as a wii game with good component cables), because otherwise you're getting ripped off . Most people don't realize you need all this extra crap so you actually get the 1080p. When I go to my friend's house, he plays his xbox on a small TV, uses the cables that were provided. It looks like total sh*t.

Isn't it a bit too late to buy a PS3?

padiego

^that

It is too late to buy a PS3. You would just be wasting your money. If you want to play current games but don't want to buy all the hardware, and you have a fairly decent wired(or even wireless) internet connection, suscribe to onlive. It will keep you entertained until the new consoles start pumping out.

sovietcookie

Well my friend is giving me his PS3 for free because he's getting a new one. I checked the one he's going to give me and it works great. And i have a HDMI cable and a pretty good HD tv in my living room so playing this for about 1 year until the PS4 or WiiU comes out will be enjoyable.

Win

padiego

That reminds me of a funny story when my cousing gave me his PS3 and W@W. I played it for around a week before it exploded. Did make some nice toast though. And it was the best video gaming week ever. Damn, if that ps3 had not exploded, i would be playing BF3 on it right now. But, alast, its sitting in the atlantic ocean, along with its brother, the ps2(i keep forgetting how it broke....it either fell ,or i fell on it and destroyed the lenses, or something fell on it...something about falling). funny, my ps1 still works

bitterbub

So...you're getting it for virtually nothing but the Uncharted series...

porkins:d

Putting it on the Wii just doesn't make fundamental sense. I'm not saying what you guys are saying doesn't make sense, because it does. However why would they port CoD to the outdated console. Also it takes more work to de-HD the game and simplify the game then just pretty much copy and paste. Putting it on Wii would take more work and having to pay people to do that work. I don't exactly know how much work, but that's not really my main point. My main point is CoD is a big name game. CoD sells itself, even though we all knew MW3 would be hacked, we still bought it. People on other consoles worried about MW3 sucking, they still bought it. See what I'm getting at? I don't think Activision has to use you guys' marketing strategy to sell the game. Being put on the Wii U it'll be a launch title and thus far there aren't many announced big name Nintendo launch titles other than Pikmin, that I can think of. That means CoD would be competing with other possible third party developers, but again they can run with the big boys, and still sell their game.

I am almost confident it is coming for either the Wii U or both the Wii and Wii U. I got a gut feeling.

I hope you're right.  I would rather have it on the Wii U than the Wii...  especially since I just sold the Wii.  lol

I have a nagging feeling we won't know anything more about COD and the possiibility of getting it on the Wii U at E3 (next month).

But at least we will know more about the Wii U and what the production version will look like.

BCCSinCARA

I pray is coming out for the Wii U.....

Here's a novel idea. What if it comes out for both versions of the console. One would be HD with all the bells and whistles of the PS360 consoles. The other would be the watered down hackfest on the wii.

I feel it's needed to shine a light on some issues I've seen in this thread that people aren't really understanding about the Wii u and how well it could relate to CoD BO2.

1 the touch screen mounted on the controler could be used for quick swap of character modes before a match starts. also in game multiplayer or story mode could allow one to have an interactive level map that would be easier to use and follow then the mini maps on your average HUD. the touch screen factor would allow people to set rally points and attack plans on team modes.

2 the new dual analogue sticks on the Wii u controller has proven to be more responsive and acurate then eaither Xbox or PS3. making it easier to get the perfect shot.

3 This is the most important part. Nintendo is requiring studios to make the games better on the Wii u then on other consoles. Case in point Aliens Colonial Marines and Metro Last Light are said to have the best looking itteration on the Wii u then on any other platform.

Now as to some of the PS3 vs Xbox issues. the PS3 is not graphically better then the Xbox. The new xbox slims feature a new processor that provides the exact same quality graphics with absolutely no difference between the 2 systems. This is not opinion it is absolute proven fact. How ever when polled more people prefer the Xbox version for the responsive controls and the higher performance online multiplayer. Also if you look at the sales numbers of MW3 Xbox sales were over double the amount of PS3.

Finally it should be know to you by now. there is not going to be a Wii version or 3DS version of this game. Wii and ds copies of MW3 were so low it was a financially bad decision to make those copies. so no you won't see a Wii version of BO2. How ever! There was a small hint from the creators that there may be a Wii u version of the game. as they said on twitter "There is a reason we chose this release date" Last updated the release date for BO2 is 2 days from Wii u launch.

Hope this cleared up some of your questions.

skmace14

and who made you the expert on everything about anything. sheesh

I'm a video game consultant. I've worked on PS3, Xbox 360, wii and 3ds games. Experience has kinda made me the expert.

codcanuck

Even if the Wii U's dual analog system will be more responsive than Xbox or Playstation, I'll still use motion controls whenever I can.

sovietcookie

Yeahh, i find it easier to use the wiimote than the ccp. But the downside is turning, its hectic and at other times your sensor bar goes whack and you cant aim anywhere.