27 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 6:32 PM by weird-guy RSS

Domination has ruined my KDR

As the title says basically. I like playing it though but my KDR has taken a huge hit. It was 1.508 about 2 weeks ago and now its 1.477, not great I know. It seems if you go 40 - 10 your KDR doesn't improve but if you go 18 - 20 it goes down.

• Re: Domination has ruined my KDR

Lag is ruining mine.

wikked75

my recommendation: don't look at your barracks, or your elite game summaries, and just have fun.

if you play dom by yourself you cant play for the win its almost impossible. i play in a party so my kd is just fine and the wins are easy

spankhiccup

theped26 wrote:

It seems if you go 40 - 10 your KDR doesn't improve but if you go 18 - 20 it goes down.

I have found this too. I find it very frustrating. I have to go like 17-2 every game to improve my KD, but it just takes one bad game to bring it right down. Very frustrating!!

sennalike

I only play domination, always solo, and always play for the win.  It's a real challenge if you are trying to keep your KDR positive.  I manage to just, but when you're going for the win and some of the enemy are obviously just there to pad their KDR then it is monstrously hard.  you just have to take the rough with the smooth, don't worry about the 15-30 matches, there is always a 30-15 around the corner. 

As someone suggested, best to forget stats when playing matches like domination.  The only purpose stats have for me is to judge whether I personally am improving or not, I tend to find looking at others is impossible to tell from their stats if they are actually any good.  I've seen people with poor KDRs own others and then I've seen people with good KDRs have a crap game.  Horses for courses, just stop worrying about it and enjoy the game for what it is, a game.

the_oz

I love plaing objective games.  But . . . . The camping stat whores ruin the game 4/5 games.

Every once in a while I realize that I am the only one NOT playing TDM in Domination and I'll get frustrated and stop moving.  What usually results in 3 or 4 minutes where no flags are capped and about 2 people are killed.  It is just a bunch of people hardscoping out of their windows.  How is that fun?!

It is pretty sad that I have to run a FULL stealth class and personally sweep and clear ALL the buildings around a flag just TRY to cap one so we won't lose. 

bud1984

I play merc a lot, but it seems like I am the only one try to cap flags in merc domination.  It drains all the fun out of it usually when everyone is camping some random corner for easy kills. I have tried reg. domination, but since I run solo it is usually clans running over everyone.  It's hard to find decent domination games.

DaShuk2381

If you play any of the objective based games and actually try to get the objectives done you will get slaughtered because all anyone plays any game for it seem is to pump up their K/D. There is so much camping in Kill Confirmed and Domination it isn't even funny. People don't care if they lose 10 games in a row as long as they can camp and get their K/D up.

Dude, your K/D should always go up in Domination. Caps count towards killstreaks, shooting down air support earns killstreaks, kills count towards killstreaks, and the matches last forever! There's no reason not to at least get a reaper every match. Just 1, even. If you have to, stay near your capped locations of A/B or C/B inbetween them, and just go for kills.

I play about 95% S&D and my K/D is 1.6, bro. No reason yours should be that low. I typically go 30-5 (give or take either) in Dom.

Just get new friends, yours obviously don't care enough about you to play what YOU want for once. F**k 'em.

K1ller_911

Yea just play the game for fun i could care less about K/D. I think its fun to run around and blast people with a shotgun. When i play carelessly i may not have the best K/D in the lobby for the game but in kill confirmed im usually at the top or near the top because im collecting tags and not camping.

ghamorra

Play with some friends, if you have a good team there's no reason you shouldn't rack up a ton of kills and killstreaks. Also, pay attention to who you're going up against. Dom is a easy game mode to spawn trap, if you're going up against a highly ranked squad there's a good chance they're going to do the the "Double Cap & Camp". It's all downhill from there

wridtrvlr

If you're playing SOLO, why not play like most other SOLO ******* out there and not go for the objective and only go for kills??  You'll find that you are losing matches but hey, at least your k/d is positive.  And you can probably even get a MOAB because you are completely ignoring the objective!!

*can you sense the sarcasm??    DOM will kill your K/D if you are not in a party and even then sometimes you will still go negative trying to cap flags. 

rlbl

Yeppers, I remember a thread awhile back where someone was trying to prove that KDR matters in objective games.

If you go for caps, and your team does the same, your KD "could" take a nose dive, but you can still get the win.

- I love it when we win a game, and you know you are going to hear someone on the other team say: "Look, they all went negative".

*shakes head*

Someone posted a very intelligent comment above: If you are in a game and get a KD of 1, your overall KDR  went down if it was previously above 1 (that being said if it was less than 1, it will move towards 1)

For the mathematically inclined:

(N+X)/(Y+X) --> 1 as X-->8 (infinity.. too lazy to find the char code lol)

My K/D ratio has dropped to 0.91 cos i play team defender and domination most. It used to bother me but I don't care now cos even if I finish negative I usually finish at top, or in the top 3 on points.

I usually get between 10 to 20 kills a match and I run support package with uav, sam turret and recon drone so they boost my points up loads. I sometimes get 10 to 20 assists with recon drone so that helps points wise.

I've noticed as you said earlier in your thread it seems hard to get the K/D ratio up. I've finished positive a lot lately and it won't go up but if I finish negative it drops easily. A bit weird.

sennalike

If you ignore your KDR then Domination can give the greatest feeling of success.  I find a match where we are losing, say 130-70, the enemy has two flags and we somehow manage to end up winning 200-199 or that sort of score.  It is the only time CoD gets me excited and I punch the air.  In those games it really isn't important what my KDR was, the feeling is just great.  I don't find that in any other game mode.

I played a game earlier with a load of randoms and we had the same objective to win, none of us had mics. We all knew what we had to do. My KDR was positive but I felt better by capping the flags, knowing that I was helping the team.

If anyone wants to add me my gamertag is Muscle-Milk-KTM. Im from the UK and usually play from about 21.30 most nights. I'll be on tomorrow night to play the new maps for a bit, but I'll be on late Friday night. I do have a mic.

I played a game earlier with a load of randoms and we had the same objective to win, none of us had mics. We all knew what we had to do. My KDR was positive but I felt better by capping the flags, knowing that I was helping the team.

If anyone wants to add me my gamertag is Muscle-Milk-KTM. Im from the UK and usually play from about 21.30 most nights. I'll be on tomorrow night to play the new maps for a bit, but I'll be on late Friday night. I do have a mic.

xxphenomen4xx

yeah ped, i lost my good kd when the first map pack came out! in order to play the new maps, i had to go outside of my comfort zone and play kc and dom!? and even though i can do new maps only, i only play tdm with all maps?  not a real big deal though!

bubbacake

KDR is a pointless stat anyways, especially in objective game modes.

Snipingdbag

Tdm has the biggest amount of noobs, "newber" players generally only play that or ffa. No real surprise. Plus dom gets very hectic point streak wise..People with high spms can easily earn 3 stealth bombers a game.

My advice is get a party. Playing dom with a party is fun and also can help a lot.

weird-guy

It happens to me too, but I like TDM better and only play Domination when a friend invites me.