11 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 4:59 PM by CoNNo2012 RSS

where is everyone?

i went on yesterday and saw that there were only like 3 rooms avalible in like everything so i thought it was the new maps, but then i see that there is only like 40,000 people online at all and only 10,000 in the propor servers yet i can only get into like about 3 games, i give it about a week before i go back to xbox.

• Re: where is everyone?

MW3 on PC is dying fast, 50,000 players quit in the past 5 months, a shockingly large number.

They intentionally killed the PC port of this game by forcing us to use Hacknet, all part of their deal with microsoft to try to get more people buying Xbox 360 consoles.

Well since we gave our clan server up, I've popped into lag net to see if things have improved, and it is still the same, you get lagged out so you can't play or you get a lobby full of hackers, so in the last month I've spent 20 or so mins in the game.  And for the life of me I cannot use a joypad so I will not get a console Xbox or any other, it is a shame as the game it's self is a nice game, but it's been made impossible to play because of the lag lobby system and them hackers.

like i mean i bought this game like last saterday and there were like 50 games avalible in every mode and it was like that tell the day the map packs were released and the poof all gone.

You know what? It says the same thing for me; find only 4-5 games displaying in the search menu. However, I get in games right away. I leave a game and search for a new one, same thing displayed 4-5 games found... but I get in a new lobby with all new people.

Personally, I think this is done on purpose on the part of IW to make players think that they need the DLC to see more game selections. I think they set it so the game only displays 4-5 games so people think, "Damn! Guess I am gonna have to buy that DLC to see more game selections!". Not true where I am searching. It's a bunch of BS smoke and mirrors from these clowns... again.

I don't know what the hell is going on, it seems like everyone just has stopped playing this game with their pcs.... are you gonna tell me that everyone is buying PS3 and XBOX? ...

WTF? 4 games available? where the hell is everyone? ... if they were going to ruin this game for pc players why did the make us buy this ****?

Congratulations IW, you just made **** out of the best games ever...

RIP COD.

a.d.p.alien

Searching for a game...No games found !!WTF is that?

Well we all got a new patch but no patch notes so they have created a patch that searches mostly for new DLC players only so if you don't have the new maps you cant play so it forces you to buy the new maps "Simple"

Back in the day on this forum "COD 4 and WAW" the devs always gave you an update on any upcoming patches what was to be fixed etc, but it looks like they can't be bothered any more.

poison_pawn

Miguel2711 wrote:

I don't know what the hell is going on, it seems like everyone just has stopped playing this game with their pcs.... are you gonna tell me that everyone is buying PS3 and XBOX? ...

WTF? 4 games available? where the hell is everyone? ... if they were going to ruin this game for pc players why did the make us buy this ****?

RIP COD.

No we're not buying consoles; we're just not buying IW anymore; this isn't the only game.

No one MADE you buy anything.

And you can't make  5h1t out of 5h1t; It's already 5h1t. this was never a very good game let alone "best game ever"

poison_pawn

Miguel2711 wrote:

RIP COD.

No we're not buying consoles; we're just playing other games: this is not the only game out there, and it's certainly not the best.

and no one MADE you buy anything.

Can anybody with DLC comfirm this?

If you have DLC, how many players do you see online?

If you do not have DLC, how many players do you see online?

poison_pawn

The dedicated server browser looks the same as it ever did 990 servers (12 with DLC): 316 players (25 on dlc): at 4:00pm PST

But the only thing that matters to me, are the 16 or so; that will be on our server in the evening.

Poison_pawn PCO