14 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 5:26 AM by gigitygigity RSS

I rage quit 3 times in a row today....

the_murf53

Now I usually don't rage quit that often (unless I'm host or lag etc...the usually stuff) or let alone serial rage quit but today was the first time I had ever quit 3 games in a row.  1st game:  Was host...terrible lag...I quit.  2nd game: I spawned and died immediately.  I spawned again and died immediately.  I spawned again and died immediately....I quit.  3rd game:  Once again was host and started the match 0-10 due to lag...I quit and turned off the system.  Anyone else had a similar experience?

• Re: I rage quit 3 times in a row today....

I used to get host all the time and it made the game unbearable. I just googled how to get a moderate NAT type so I wouldn't have to put up with it anymore.

Another thing people do is stream movies/tv shows on their computers while they're playing so they don't pick up host as much. It doesn't work all the time this way though. I haven't gotten it since I turned off my UPnP and it's made the game a lot more fun for me.

You're lucky. Happens to me all the time.

Worse still when it puts you in at the arse end of a game where you have no chance of winning, and die as soon as you start, so you quit... and then it puts you back into the same game 5 more times.

SheSaidNo

I had the triple raping last night too.  It'd be like 4-12 before I quit out.  The sad thing is, there wasn't very many games going on last night so I'd end up joining the game I quit.  But then I'd go 7-0 before the match ends.  The difference if you're not host is huge.  I think I need to try the streaming video thing because I'm too dumb to figure out how to change my NAT type.

K1ller_911

I'm not even host and I still experience what you described to a T about 75% of the time. Good times. About 25% of the time it keeps putting me in Mexican lobbies even though i live 2500 miles from there. I'm almost past the point of rage or frustration to where I just start laughing, keep it up IW pretty soon ill end up in a white padded room.

K1ller_911 wrote:

I'm not even host and I still experience what you described to a T about 75% of the time. Good times. About 25% of the time it keeps putting me in Mexican lobbies even though i live 2500 miles from there. I'm almost past the point of rage or frustration to where I just start laughing, keep it up IW pretty soon ill end up in a white padded room.

Same for me too. I remember back in the MW2 days you would get the occasional mexican in the lobby if you played really late at night. Ever since Blops came out I CONSTANTLY get stuck with rooms full of laggy mexicans and really laggy people from other 3rd world countries even farther south. I live not too far from New York which is in the most heavily populated COD part of the word. There is absolutely ZERO reason I should ever be put in a lobby with anybody from Mexico.

I think somebody needs to give IW and Treyarch some geography lessons. Mexico should be in a completely different geographic zone especially because of their horribly poor internet quality. I think this game would benefit greatly from splitting the game up into regions that make it IMPOSSIBLE for Canada/USA to connect to anybody else. For the next COD they should split the match making up into CAN/US for one zone, the heavily populated areas of EU for the second, and then the rest of the world for the third. That way we don't have to have our game completely ruined by laggy third world countries and they still get to play each other with their 5000ms ping dialup connections.

spike

I FOUND A CURE !

I just don't turn mine on as much anymore, that's not to say I don't game, I just got to the stage recently where I couldn't stand either the in-game boosting, lag problems or guy's weilding shotguns wildly blasting while dancing on the spot... or.... the fact that checking for clan ops each day only ever seems to get rewarded with a PDT time zone game that runs between 2am and 5am UK time... WTF! is that all about...

Frustrated, angered, cheesed off, I downed my controller and have taken sollace in Dirt3 - yeah! it really has got to me that much! I need help..... new tyres and something to give me hope IW.... get your fingers out your ass and come up with a commercially sensible solution for us... we've been faithfull, we've been true but you need to listen to these guys - not me, I've started to dribble now and mumble to myself so it aint a pretty sight.

Ya know? it's worth a mention, it got to me that much I have even resisted the pre-order Tesco were offering on BO3 and seriously I'm more likely to take up crossstitch than buy into another let down and renew my Elite subs.... errrr possibly not

Be still my beating heart........

And as a final thought, I note "SheSaidNo" when he/she (not he-she but he or she - ya get my drift ;o) explains; there weren't many games on last night - and that my friends is where I rest my case....

Now I'm off for a Gymkhana, lap around the Finnish forests and then perhaps a trek up some hill in Kenya before I wipe the dribble from my chin and run through my daily OCD rituals.

Good news is F1 2011 is due tomorrow so that might put the whole MW3 frustration into a new perspective for me?

Happy gaming chaps.... needed to vent.... sorry for the waffle

sennalike

I used to suffer the same problem, but then I just unplugged the hardwre connection, went wireless and now I'm never host and lag is mainly bearable as I backout if the match isn't <75ms.  It's far from ideal but it is a lot better on my stress levels.

K1ller_911

I just rage quit myself. It was horrible no red screen to give u a chance to recover just instant F'ing death. I think someone at IW forgot where the bathroom was and sh1t in the matchmaking machine.

the_murf53

I just did it again today.  I find it funny how I never ever rage quit unless it's a bad connection but now I've quit my last 6 games straight.  6 GAMES!!!.  Before the patch I was in God mode for a week straight.  Now...well obviously this patch has done something to destroy my connection even more.  Ah well.  Time for a MW3 break I suppose. 

Ive raged quited a few times in a row a few times actually! Usually if im on the wrong end of lag comp, having a bad game or if the team are just camping it out and just playing chicken. W/L has took a large hit the past month since ive been raging quite alot..

gigitygigity

I quit raging about this some time ago.

I just sigh quit now. Get a lobby where I'm clearly host and a good second behind everyone. 'Sigh!' 'Are you sure you want to leave game? 'Sigh'. hit 'yes'.

I've found I can manipulate between being and Open or moderate NAT quiet easily. For an Open NAT I have my ports forwarded for a moderate one I disable the forwarding. Depends how the game is playing. At the moment they're open, but if I start getting host a lot then I'll switch it back to moderate.