25 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 11:29 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

So even though this months Elite Calender said we were getting 4 maps/

lil_lisa_w

They lied. 

We are only getting one map this month, that is a load of crap. yes i know we are getting 2 new Faceoff maps which i beleive is the dumbest idea they ever thought of. Not many people want to play 1v1 or 2v2. Most poeple that want to play that are little 12 year olds tring to quickscope. So i would like to know how 4 new Maps this month turned into 1 new map and 2 spec op missions. Why even have a content Calender if it is not gonna tell the truth.

I know i cannot be the only one with elite mad that we are also only getting this so called new additions only a week before everyone else. More and more it feels they are catering to the COD players as a whole and not elite, even though they previously stated how much better going with elite would be. Again though I am not as mad about this as i am abouto nly 1 new MP this month. Hopefully they come to there senses and let even the faceoff maps be intergrated into full 6v6 gamplay availability

• Re: So even though this months Elite Calender said we were getting 4 maps/
    gutsy

Why you mad???? You're getting 5 new maps instead of 4. 5>4 woooo math

wolverinecm71

I can see your anger..

You put we are only getting the new additions a week early ,but we are not the first two face - off maps are coming to all for free on tuesday

3 multi-player maps in rotation the new one OASIS we are not getting early like promised

Why put out maps that we can never play in clan ops?

I just dont get the 4 Face-off only maps..im sure they are no smaller than shipment or rust , and it was in rotation.

I hope they rethink that and put them in rotation.small maps would be great!!!

DaRyuujin

I'm not mad but I am very dissapointed. Up until recently everyone thought they were getting 4 new mulitplayer maps, maps that would be able to be played on all game types, DOM, KC, CTF, TDM, SAB etc, but instead we only get ONE of them. Now 2 of the remaning 3 was swapped out with a spec op mission, the last was a pair of maps that are made for 1v1 or 2v2 so they are bound to be smalled, and instead of being able to play these maps in any playlist (DOM, TDM, KC, CTF, SAB etc.) we will only be able to play them in ONE playlist, Now this months DLC is pretty damn nice BUT IMO the calender SHOULD of been 1 map, 2 missions, and one classified,  I also feel in future months of any more faceoff maps are added that 2 should be counted as 1 peice of DLC since they are smaller maps only playable in one playlist.

thats just my view on it all :-P lol

starbuckfrack

DaRyuujin wrote:

I'm not mad but I am very dissapointed. Up until recently everyone thought they were getting 4 new mulitplayer maps, maps that would be able to be played on all game types, DOM, KC, CTF, TDM, SAB etc, but instead we only get ONE of them. Now 2 of the remaning 3 was swapped out with a spec op mission, the last was a pair of maps that are made for 1v1 or 2v2 so they are bound to be smalled, and instead of being able to play these maps in any playlist (DOM, TDM, KC, CTF, SAB etc.) we will only be able to play them in ONE playlist, Now this months DLC is pretty damn nice BUT IMO the calender SHOULD of been 1 map, 2 missions, and one classified,  I also feel in future months of any more faceoff maps are added that 2 should be counted as 1 peice of DLC since they are smaller maps only playable in one playlist.

thats just my view on it all :-P lol

I understand what you are saying completely. Even I mis-read what it said. If I would have taken the time to count the "3 others that said maps" in this months DLC then I would have noticed and asked myself "Why are they giving us a total of 15 when it said they were giving us 12 ?"

Then yesterday it would have hit me that I mis-read it and assumed.

starbuckfrack

OP, you were promised 4 MAPS. You got FIVE MAPS. But I admit that is not the point.

You were NOT promised "4 maps that were all regular multiplayer maps."

The Elite content package was promise 12 (regular type) multiplayer maps TOTAL in elite Premium.

So far you got 12, not counting the free ones and not counting the game types of Face Off. Over the next few months you will be getting 5 more multiplayer maps to be used in regular multiplayer maps.

That equals 12 that you paid for between now and September.. dont blame Activision because you assumed.

starbuckfrack

1 Liberation

2 Piazza

3 Overwatch

4 Black Box

5 Sanctuary

6 Foundation

So far that is 6 maps you got for regular multiplayer play

Now you will be getting

7 Oasis

8 Announced in June

9 Announced in July

10 announced in July

11 Announced in August

12 Announced in September.

Count them. Thats all 12. And you notice those dont count the free ones OR the Face Off maps.

You were also promised to get them sooner than the non Elite Premium members. Well sometimes its a month in advance and sometimes its a week in advance.

You have to read and disect the advertisement before you pay for it. They have followed their agreement so far and anything else beyond what they have said is all of the buyers assumption.

Sure it sucks to get some things a week before regulars get it. But you are STILL getting it before.

azn_chic

I'm a little disappointed also... not so much because they are giving us 1v1 and 2v2 maps, but more so because how hard is it to put these maps on the regular playlists like all the other game modes?! I mean, really...I guess its my fault for expecting a little too much, d*mn my high standards. lol

starbuckfrack

azn_chic wrote:

I'm a little disappointed also... not so much because they are giving us 1v1 and 2v2 maps, but more so because how hard is it to put these maps on the regular playlists like all the other game modes?! I mean, really...I guess its my fault for expecting a little too much, d*mn my high standards. lol

Read the above, those maps arent counted as the original 12.

azn_chic

I know they aren't counted. thats not my point. my question was how hard is it to put these maps in the regular game mode playlists? I don't care if its counted as the 12 "promised" maps or not, I just wish I could play them with more than one friend.

starbuckfrack

azn_chic wrote:

I know they aren't counted. thats not my point. my question was how hard is it to put these maps in the regular game mode playlists? I don't care if its counted as the 12 "promised" maps or not, I just wish I could play them with more than one friend.

I wish I could retire right now

But the Elite page does state....

• More Content than Ever, with 20+ Pieces for MW3 -
          • New Content released over the MW3 Content Season, so you always have something new to play   Premium 
          • More variety than ever with new MP Maps, Special Ops missions, Game Modes & more. 

But seriously I wish the same thing too, but they have reasons they are doing things the way they do. Maybe its a test.

Its quite possible that a TON of players will like these new game modes, you cant tell.

At least your post is more of a discussion as opposed to some people here pointing th finger at the wrong people.

BTW I could swear I played some game type of one on one in MW2 maps on Rust. And I could swear it was the same exact game type. I remember some guy not using a gun at all just a rocket launcher and I got my tails whupped 5 games in a row

rodsirloin

I dont think anybody noticed, but they changed it from 5 to 4. I've been keeping watch and a month or so ago it was 5 maps. Then like a week or so ago it read 4. Nobody noticed.

starbuckfrack

rodsirloin wrote:

I dont think anybody noticed, but they changed it from 5 to 4. I've been keeping watch and a month or so ago it was 5 maps. Then like a week or so ago it read 4. Nobody noticed.

I think what they did do was LAST month they had the map in it that moved to this month.

but as you said maybe I didnt notice either.

Annnnd of course you replied to my other post I was going to point out to you

I will wait until these maps are released to decide if I love em or hate em, but w/o having played this new game type yet I don't really like the idea of it being 1v1/2v2 only..

I mean if they are to small for a 6v6 game then are they to small for at least a 4v4?  You know something like the competitive play list on black ops, even though they were played on normal maps... Although I hardly ever played on the competitive play list I may have if it had a set of maps only for that list.. I personally think it would be more fun with at least 4 players on a team

IDK maybe it will be fun or maybe it will be full of boosters, maybe the boosters will leave other game types alone and congregate in this list making the other games better..

starbuckfrack

BDigg wrote:

I will wait until these maps are released to decide if I love em or hate em, but w/o having played this new game type yet I don't really like the idea of it being 1v1/2v2 only..

I mean if they are to small for a 6v6 game then are they to small for at least a 4v4?  You know something like the competitive play list on black ops, even though they were played on normal maps... Although I hardly ever played on the competitive play list I may have if it had a set of maps only for that list.. I personally think it would be more fun with at least 4 players on a team

IDK maybe it will be fun or maybe it will be full of boosters, maybe the boosters will leave other game types alone and congregate in this list making the other games better..

I am thinking that they wont have those games count as regular matches and have NO experience because it WILL be a boosters paradise if they put it in.