45 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 6:13 AM by Truth_will_be_free RSS

We Need To Beta Test

poison_pawn

We need a beta test this time around: open, or closed, makes no difference; but we (the PC community, not just Xbox) need to test this product, for bugs, glitches, and playability: Before release.

We do not want a repeat of Black ops: Black Ops is not a bad game (it could be better) but it's not bad, NOW

But this was not true on release date: That game shipped with so many bugs, it was embarrassing.

And some people PAID to beta test it; this is no way to do business.

So I'm asking on behalf of the PC only comunity: To allow a beta test BEFORE release: so we can make an educated decision, as to whether to preorder or not. (and believe me not many will be preordering, with out a prerelease beta)

Poison_pawn PCO

If you agree +1

• Re: We Need To Beta Test

agreed, Pc community is not dead, its far of that, and we would like that because the pc gaming is broken, because of cheats, bugs, glitchs, and etc etc....

WE WANNA A PC CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 BETA!!!!! like this

Yes please atleast make port not **** if no beta bc the cods after cod5 were so bad and the p2p junk on mw2 and mw3 was sad thats console crap

timaloy

i wish they done a beta but there will be no chance that's gonna happen incase we find out how bad teh game is and wont buy it. If the done a beta for mw3 they would never have sold so many copies

poison_pawn

bump

jibmoney

bump +1

PC, XBOX, PS3, PSVITA, PSP, WII (ONLY)

rioskenny

yeah pc player need a beta,i dont want to waste 60$ on an unplayable game...

poison_pawn

bump

poison_pawn wrote:

We need a beta test this time around: open, or closed, makes no difference; but we (the PC community, not just Xbox) need to test this product, for bugs, glitches, and playability: Before release.

We do not want a repeat of Black ops: Black Ops is not a bad game (it could be better) but it's not bad, NOW

But this was not true on release date: That game shipped with so many bugs, it was embarrassing.

And some people PAID to beta test it; this is no way to do business.

So I'm asking on behalf of the PC only comunity: To allow a beta test BEFORE release: so we can make an educated decision, as to whether to preorder or not. (and believe me not many will be preordering, with out a prerelease beta)

Poison_pawn PCO

If you agree +1

+100,000,000,000,000,000

A beta would go a loooooong way towards winning back the PC population. With the horrible optimization, bugs, and glitches that plagued Black Ops, and the unbelievably epic failure that MW3 is (due entirely to P2P hacknet matchmaking) Treyarch really needs to go above and beyond to show PC gamers that they're not going to lie, cheat, ripoff, screw over, and then completely ignore us. (like IW/Sledgehammer did)

Truth_will_be_free

Lagnet_is_Epic_Fail wrote:

Treyarch really needs to go above and beyond to show PC gamers that they're not going to lie, cheat, ripoff, screw over, and then completely ignore us. (like IW/Sledgehammer did)

We now know why they LIED about needing 4 years (HA!) to make a beta.

It was because they fully intended to lie, cheat, ripoff, screw over, and then completely ignore us... exactly like IW/Sledgehammer did...

A beta would have shown the PC community that the "ranked dedicated servers" were BS and that we were getting screwed with matchmaking. The # of people buying it wouldn't have been a tenth of what it was. Instead of 0.89 million PC copies sold it would have been a pathetic 25,000-30,000. (maybe 50,000 max)

bump

+1

a.d.p.alien

I agree .any COD needs beta testing. Mark Iama tryarch studio head has stated that a beta would take up to 4 years to develope and that this game is out this year. that is the problem.

a.d.p.alien wrote:

I agree .any COD needs beta testing. Mark Iama tryarch studio head has stated that a beta would take up to 4 years to develope and that this game is out this year. that is the problem.

That is the biggest load of bullsh*t ever stated. They can make an ENTIRE F***ING GAME in 2 years (BO1-BO2), yet to put out a BETA test they claim to need 4 years!!!!!

Nevermind the FACT that WaW had beta testing (I believe CoD4 did also) along with MANY MANY MANY other games. (and I guarantee none of them need 4 years to make a beta!!)

Hell look at ANY mmorpg, they do beta testing for every update (several each year) yet this Mark Iama thinks people are stupid enough to believe they need FOUR F***ING YEARS!!! What a joke.

a.d.p.alien wrote:

Well then that does it: COD is DEAD! I told them not to LIE one time, and here's the first lie.

NO SALE!

Poison_pawn PCO

+1

I too agree.  A beta would be great and help put a little faith back into back into the COD series.  But alas...based on prior history of the last four games, I don't see it happening.  Gonna at least hold out for RANKED dedicated servers. 

pc beta pls

agreed pc beta please

can you put like a special server to play infected on multiplayer like alteriwnet

Wouldn't the game be easy to hack with a beta test? If they get inside the game and hack it, then once the game releases it will be just as easy. Just like Sony firmware on the PS3, they keep patching it but its too easy to hack now that its been done.

Just curious, would like a beta pro to respond.

Hackers are going to try to hack no matter what: (thanbk you for the straw man)

The issue here is playability; we want to know BEFORE we commit; that this game will NOT, have the same incapability, and bug issues Black ops had on release day.

And we want to help form the game to REAL PC game play style.

Poison_pawn POC

Can PoisionPawn stop using obsessive bright yellow that hurts to even remotely read his stuff...

I agree with you PosionPawn but in addition to this I would like them to realize that the PC community is rather large some of us come from Gaming Communities that are only PC players. I rather not play a console port or anything to do with console.. Everyone's PC is different where did the support for the PC community go too? Console Players oh of course cause they can get a bigger bang for there buck.. But why not also pay attention to us PC players.. We spend thousands of dollars yearly for high end PC parts so we can play the game without issues.. Oh and not to mention servers have issues cause oopsy they forgot that it's a BIG SERVER = PC that runs the Servers... And alot of Linux or Window servers don't read console ports the same.. Just like everyone's PC isn't the same hardware what have we sucommed to? Does Activision and the Developers assume we all have the same Exact Hardware and Software?  Lets see Consoles = All have the same components!  Respect the PC gamers and the PC Community while developing a game. You would profit more by listening to us and not simply porting a product over and assuming we are all running the same stuff..

P2P = Horrible idea for PC Gaming

Dedicated Server = Allow us to Host Custom (Unranked) Private servers from our local PC

Dedicated Server = Don't assign this to 1 specific Company like you did with Black-Ops for Hosting

Dedicated Server = Ranked Servers

Alpha or Beta = Allow the PC community to shine by giving feedback.

Mods = Allow the PC Modding Community to build maps and gamestyles this alone would be a huge selling point.

These are my thoughts sorry if I repeated myself but I rather not see another COD game fail on the PC.

Thanks,

ucjohn

wierd worlds are these

I would like to see a Beta but apparently according to the developers it takes 4.5 years to make a beta but only 2 years to make the full game.

There will not be a beta because they know that it will stop people buying the game.

The cheats are already available for the game, and there is next to nothing we can do about it because the dev's won't do anything to stop them.

The issue with a beta is that everything judges it to be the final product and it harms sales, which happend with Battlefield 3 but it did also bring in some new players as well.

sry but I posted that when the WHOLE forum was black; with BRIGHT white font. so at the time I was doing every one a favor using gold (it was easier on the eye back then) and since i got unbanned (have no idea why i was banned in the first place) i havent used this acount. all fixed now

tetracobalt

Agreed, this really does need a proper beta period.  I am not going to preorder Black Ops II because of how badly Black Ops was bugged (stuttering) for many months after release.  At this point the only way I would ever preorder is if I could run the game and know it works correctly.  To me the word Beta means a technical test, not a gimmick to sell perorders. 

kkiller14

Confirmed by Mark Lamia in May that NO beta for Black Ops II will happen.

tetracobalt

That doesn't give me much confidence.  I will have to watch the forums to see if they light up with fundamental unresolved engine problems for weeks on end. I would expect the odd bug here or there, but not the stuttering that BO had. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a 30 day money back gaurantee or something like that.  As it is, once they have your money you have no choice but to live with it.

kc219

technically there is a beta though imo anyway the gamescon gameplay thing on the 15th

yeah anyone forget gamescom? you could play BO2 there

elijahgerard24legend-

kkiller14

Actually, no. Gamescom is not a beta. It's like CODXP last year. Infinity Ward said it was just for hands on time. Gamescom is the same thing There is very limited amount of things they can change before they need to send the game off to production. Most issues that are found, will probably be addressed in a day 1 Title Update.

tetracobalt

What people call beta these days is not beta.  Beta programs that exist for the purpose of fixing bugs usually last for at least several months, usually longer.  I have been in Beta tests that have lasted almost a year.  Activision pushes for simultaneous launch on console and PC so I think that's the problem.  The PC team seems to have to wait for many features and changes in the code to port and then they have to translate that highly proprietary highly hack optimized console stuff to run on a range of standardized PCs.  It's not an easy or quick job because I'm sure they are rewriting so much of it.  They have to release code that isn't ready.  Hopefully there was better planning this time around and we won't see such fundamental problems with the engine. I don't expect perfection on release day but I'm not wanting perfection.  BO was a game with with show stopping bugs that took months to fix, all while Activision refused to warn people they might have those problems before they purchased the game.  On release day BO for PC was Beta 1 release of the game, not a retail version. 

Look at World at War. Communities came together during and after the beta. Need I say anything more.

Film_Not_Rated

There should never be a beta for this type of game.

tetracobalt

Please explain why.  I can't imagine why not.  Maybe what you mean is that the beta for PC should start on release day for consoles?  That's essentially how BO was launched only they didn't bother to tell anyone it was a beta.

otisman666

I think people need to understand that that game was drastically different for the PC and PS3 then it was for the Xbox.  There was virtually no testing done and the little that was done found errors, yet there was not time to fix prior to release.

me to agree,let activision release beta keys to all steam users who have Black Ops or MW3!!!

mingepersse

beta is demo game?

i played battlefield 3 beta and i was alot of time to think if i buy or not

yes we need beta or demo

1. I agree

Jackky360

Open beta please Treyarch!

(Muza)big Chris