24 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 6:31 AM by PeteyLew RSS

Anyone else forcing themselves to play Elite playlists just for double xp?

I am but really don't know for how long, it is absolutely terrible, only 6 maps and a stupid moshpit, I mean if they could implement all maps into it with a solo TDM list it would be awesome but they listen to their fans whoever they may be and this is what they and their "fans" came up with, its a joke.

• Re: Anyone else forcing themselves to play Elite playlists just for double xp?

u get duble xp all weekend regardless of playlist.?.?

• Re: Anyone else forcing themselves to play Elite playlists just for double xp?
    wikked75

the thing that sucks about it is people that usually don't play modes like domination are forced to play it, and they don't even try to play the objective. i've played quite a few domination matches today where the other team basically just sat in their spawn and went for the kills if anyone tried to take their flag. it was f'n boring. easy wins, but not fun at all.

i don't mind so much playing the same 6 maps over and over, just for the xp. i just have to endure it for the weekend, and i'll get some decent xp... but dealing with the people that don't want to be there kinda sucks.

NuggyUnlimited

I'm just wondering why they can't just let us play all the playlists like the last two double xp weekends. It sucks only playing the same thing over and over up against clans when I'm riding solo. Is this Activision trying to make it exclusive to only premium members? If so it's not working because people who aren't premium or can get into the playlist as long as one account on their system have the maps. They might as well gave the double xp to everyone and included all playlist.

MaxKirgan

Nope. I stopped at 10th prestige.

Yep! though I'm not always getting double   only the odd game or so though.  Dropped into standards for a bit of variety I defo wasn't getting double XP in there

I really don't like domination I get slaughtered whilst trying to play the objective, the other two in that list are fine for me though

r8edtripx

CRA1G1690 wrote:

I am but really don't know for how long, it is absolutely terrible, only 6 maps and a stupid moshpit, I mean if they could implement all maps into it with a solo TDM list it would be awesome but they listen to their fans whoever they may be and this is what they and their "fans" came up with, its a joke.

This Elite Playlist Double XP will get me to force myself to play more than I have been, but it won't get me to put in super long stretches.

I'm definitely not playing even close to the amount I was playing last year at this time in Black Ops.

This is one of the reasons I stopped prestiging after one.  I hate forcing myself to do stuff I dont really want to just to level faster.  Not that I have elite premium anyway...

Then again, I spent all afternoon getting the PM-9 gold, so much for not doing things that I dont want to.

deadimpact

I may play for a bit for the XP, but I won't spend much time there. lol

nicedrewishfela

I tried again tonight. I've been so unhappy with this game... its just.. not.. FUN. I am doing my best to be patient with it and its become mission impossible. I played a bit of the Elite HC Moshpit playlist tonight and did OK, but I am just not a Dom player. I like S&D ok, but when I play with a group of friends (nobody was on tonight, played with randoms). I play mostly TDM and these new maps aren't great for that. Sanctuary is visually pleasing but one gets tired of getting shot across the map from invisible snipers or others head glitching over walls or sitting in corners. The straw that broke the camel's back for me tonight was on Sanctuary S&D. Ran through the back of the Cemetery behind a few teammates trying to plant at A as the bomb carrier. Ahead of me I saw my teammates taking fire, so went prone to stay out of the line of fire. Of course, seconds later an enemy lags around the corner, glitching all over the screen and picks me off at range with an SMG, even though I had them sighted  with my Assault Rifle. Ridiculous as always, and just no fun anymore.

If anyone on my list is on this weekend, I may give it another chance, but as most of my friends are fed up and bored with the game now, I doubt that'll happen. Black Ops was, and still is, just more FUN. And.. isn't that the point? IW has sapped the joy out of the game.

Here's a pro tip for the OP.

If you don't like elite playlists... Don't play them? I don't. So what if they give x2 XP for it. If you play for fun, then you shouldn't force yourself to play something you don't find fun. Quit whining about problems that you can fix yourself.

Crybaby.

Im at 15th prestige anyway so I am not in any way bothered by double xp at this point. Nearly completed with this game about now. All the maps from DLC are crap to say the least and now with face off it will get worse. It seems IW care about the quantity and how it is best to get people to pay for some sh*t. At this point they are milking it. Treyarch all the way.

elitexivaylo wrote:

Im at 15th prestige anyway so I am not in any way bothered by double xp at this point. Nearly completed with this game about now. All the maps from DLC are crap to say the least and now with face off it will get worse. It seems IW care about the quantity and how it is best to get people to pay for some sh*t. At this point they are milking it. Treyarch all the way.

Typical crybaby post. Lets break this down shall we? Sentence by sentence.

1) Grats on 15th prestige.

2) Glad you're nearly completed with the game. For someone who sure talks bad of this game... you sure play it a lot huh?

3) DLC maps crap? Maybe. That's opinion. I do agree somewhat but I don't think they're all bad. Maybe 1 or 2. Also, how would face off make it worse? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean the majority won't either.

4) Lol @ IW caring about quantity. I'm pretty sure all they care about is fulfilling their promise to release DLC so they don't get a lawsuit of sorts. I don't see how you think that all they care about is quantity though. I think you just pulled it out of your ass bro.

5) It's already been milked. Elite premium members already paid for this.

6) You say Treyarch all the way now, but when BO2 comes out, you'll be complaining like the rest of the community.

ProTip: Don't buy the maps if you don't like them. DUH. If you already get them due to premium elite, then that's your fault. People shouldn't have paid for premium without knowing how the maps would be.

BAMOZZY

NO - I am 15th Prestige - Level 80 so don't want/need double XP!

However I would have preferred double weapon XP as I am on that long Arduous slog of getting ALL my guns to gold and my KD is certainly suffering!

I must say that I do NOT like the Elite Playlist for a couple of reasons.

1) there are currently only 6 maps - soon to be 7! Woohoo!! Considering I was expecting 10 as the content calendar had led us to believe we were getting an additional 4 FULL maps (not 'Face Off' although these would be perfect for that Intense Gun on Gun manic action that Maps like Rust provided! 4v4, 6v6, FFA and even Gun Game would be fantastic on these!!)

2) I don't like MIxed game mode lobbies especially where you end up playing TDM (or Camper's Delight) 5+ times in a row!! It wouldn't be so bad IF they rotated the game modes and players voted on Maps ONLY so you never played the same game mode twice in a row!

I don't think the DLC Maps are crap and in fact to me I think they are some of the best if not the best maps in the game. Face Off Maps look to be continuing that quality HOWEVER I am disappointed that they will NOT be available in other game modes too. I think they would have been perfect to deliver that Intense, gun on gun, manic action that smaller maps provide with a lot of players (4v4, 6v6, FFA and Gun Game would be PERFECT for these!) I play regularly (every day) in a party of 3-4 so we will NOT be able to play these together as a team! Face Off also seems to be a forum for boosters. Want Sit Rep Pro for example? Lets go to Face Off and BOOST!, Want some emblems/titles/etc? Lets go to Face Off and BOOST!

I appreciate that some may actually enjoy Spec Ops missions and also enjoy getting some as DLC. In my experience and chatting with a LOT of people who play CoD games though, the reason they play CoD is for the MP and MANY have not even touched 'Black Ice' or 'Negotiator'. So many of my friends are disappointed with Content Collection 2/May Drop as they were expecting and excited to be getting 6 (4 for May) full MP maps as the Content Calendar had led us to be believed and now we are only getting 3 (1 in May)

I am an Elite Subscriber so will be getting these regardless but the Content Drops were only PART of the reason that I joined Elite! I joined for the Clan Ops which have been very few and far between for us in the UK (due to time differences etc). I play every day with my other Clan Members and friends in a Party of 3-4 (min) so will not be able to play the Face Off maps with my party

However Ghandi did Post that these Maps could be opened up to 4v4 (I hope 6v6, FFA and gun Game too but understand they can't be used for Ground Wars and maybe Infected, drop zone etc too) so I hope that IW see sense and give the community what it is they actually do want by opening up these maps to more game modes with more players for that Intense Action. These Maps could very well be the Most popular Maps of all time IF they did that as the community have always liked the smaller maps (Shipment, Rust, Nuketown, Dome) for that very reason (Intense Action).

Incidentally no one knew what the DLC content would be before buying Elite originally. In the same way that a lot of season passes with other games are sold. We only had their past DLC contents to base our decisions on. In the past ALL DLC has supported the MP ONLY so many (myself included) expected the DLC to continue to support the MP. I did NOT expect Spec-ops missions OR 'Face Off'. If you bought a season pass to Forza for example you KNOW you will get Cars you don't know what those cars will be or whether you will like/use them but you know that is what you will get. CoD has ALWAYS previously Released MP Maps so I expected the majority of DLC to be MP maps. Maybe a few other items like weapons, camos etc but ALL would be for the FULL MP as that is what the majority of CoD gamers play the game for. I really expected the developers to understand this and support the MP more than they are currently doing!!

xbevz

I've not tried yet, may play later. I'm planning at least another prestige, so the double XP would help.

maxed out 15th prestige 3 months ago , double xp is pointless to me now. the way the elite playlists are set up is garbage , if i want to play the new maps i should be able to choose which game type i want. u are correct in how ppl ignore the objectives. all setting the elite playlists up in this manner did was encourage boosting. its rather idiotic if u ask me.

Not really my cup of tea.

I'm saving my tokens to do three straight runs of Quad XP when they have the double XP weekend for the general release of DLC2 (next weekend?)