26 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 1:19 PM by maccabi RSS

Boosting in FaceOff - Thoughts

With Boositng in this game being esier than ever, people are saying that this new "Face Off" playlist will be "Booster Paradise."

After riddling through forusm posts, it's clear that this is true, and we don't know how it will be Delt with.

Make it Unranked, so their no reason to Boost.

Force matchmaking after each game, which will give people new team mates.

Those really seem to be the only oens that make Any type of Sense.

Anyways, what do you guys think of this new playlist, due to launch May 15th (Same day as D3) and what do you think they should/are going to do about boosters in this playlist?

• Re: Boosting in FaceOff - Thoughts

Yes! Finally a boosting playlist! I've been waiting so---whoops...... Uhhh, you g-g-guy-guys h-h-hear-heard nothing..

as much as i hate the boosting scum if its 2ppl boosting in a 1vs1, what do they gain? a moab well done 1 kill moab, not much point reall y, but if it keeps the scum away from infection and kill confirmed leave them there, let them cheat on there scummy own where there not hurting anyone else other than there bum chum, im not saying i agree with it i think it should be dealt with harsher than it is.

i think if anything make it first to 23 kills, that would stop hardline users getting a moab, remove point streaks, or even make it so no challenges can be awarded in that mode.

alexjt22

I hope this will be a boosters paridise it will allow me to play kill confirmed and free for all in peace without these scum ruining my game every so often. I dont see why people are bothered whether people boost in this mode because it doesnt affect anyone, if people are that sad that they want to up their rank or K/D by boosting then they need to get a life and so do the people that worry about boosters in a mode that wouldnt affect your gameplay.

Thanks for bringing up the point I missed.  The Pros of boosing in this game type.  As msot of you have said, if It keep booster sout of all the other gametypes, you seem to be fine.  But, what about the People or 2 Persons that want to play vs other teams?

codchamp

In all honesty it does not bother me. It will keep them out of the regular playlist. As long as they are in not my lobby it will not affect me. If there are 4 friends that want to boost for moabs, and they fill the game, then by all means have fun with it. They should have done that in MW2 as well. Instead of people boosting nukes in regular modes, they should hve had cage match go to 26 kills.......and no i dont boost.

I really hope they can boost in that mode, keeps out of regular circulation.

It's not the point I'm tyring to make. Yes they will boost in the game mode, but Boosting in general is stupid and should be minotred regardless of what gametype it is.

Yes boosting is stupid but tbh they lose out in the long run having nothing to play for so if they're not in my game I couldn't care less, if they're in my game though its a whole story and I will try and have them banned, so far only came across 2 different pairs so it doesn't really affect me too much.

starbuckfrack

There is no evidence that Face Off will count as XP or stats. I think it is better to find out and see.

Ever since the first post about the Face Off mode (a complaint) people have been claiming it was a boosters paradise, hence the complaint. But that was based on an assumption.

For example remember Gun Game ? That was full of cheaters that would team up until the last two players but it didnt matter because that game didnt count toward anything.

Gun Game in Mw3? I played it, I was getting XP, well I was 15th so I didn't need it, but I still was getting XP

starbuckfrack

Paddi wrote:

Gun Game in Mw3? I played it, I was getting XP, well I was 15th so I didn't need it, but I still was getting XP

I havent played Gun Game in MW3. But I was talking about Blops. Gun Game, One in Chamber, etc.

But if they ARE giving XP in MW3 that is totally stupid.

I would wait and see before making judgement but if they do make it a mode that counts stats and XP then I would be totally against it. 100 percent would sign that petition.

I forgot there was a mode in MW3 I should try it, thanks for mentioning them. Honestly I may have played them twice and died VERY quickly forgetting the rules

There are two different types of boosters, the pros and the randoms.

The pros, they get into the 4v4 or 6v6 games to boost in full lobbies with both teams 100% full of boosting friends. They will still boost in these without faceoff.

Now the random boosters seem to be the annoying children that don't fully understand the concept of boosting. They are the ones with just 2 people in game modes like infected, SnD, in a private chat boosting in a corner for maximum XP. They will start to mix it up in faceoff as well.

The funny part about this faceoff is, it's not going to move boosters to it. Instead it will create more people willing to boost due to easier circumstances. They will have kind of a clear conscience since no one but their boosting partner will know they are boosting.

mkweed5

IW promotes boosters.I think Activision should give IW a hit with the perma ban hammer.

They don't promote boosters, they have said they jsut don't think it's game breaking.  If they didn't care they woudl have people like Bancandy and BanStache (I think I spelt that correctly) Banning people who Boost, cheat, glitch, exploit etc.

Personally I think they should stop stat tracking all together. boosters would have no reason to boost.

Either way all this is another free exp thing for not fixing the issues this game has. Just a distraction away from the problems this game has.

starbuckfrack

PCB104 wrote:

Personally I think they should stop stat tracking all together. boosters would have no reason to boost.

Either way all this is another free exp thing for not fixing the issues this game has. Just a distraction away from the problems this game has.

As for the problem that this game has....

"We have people only looking at telemetry, matching that towards the feedback that people actually write in forums. In a lot of cases it doesn't match up. It's like, no, this isn't a problem. You claim it's a problem. It's not a problem. The numbers tell me this is not a problem."

That was a quote from the developer of one of this games competitors. The game that "has no problems because its a dedicated server game".

After 7 months of waiting for Superman to come and save this game is long past. So you might want to consider that IW doesnt see this as a problem , hence they arent fixing something they dont see.

99 percent of the time I am sure IW is working on IWs NEXT COD game. Only time the look back at this one is when a major glitch happens. The skeleton crew of Devs working on MW3 are very likely hunting down and reporting the top boosters until activision gives the green light to the next game.

I am sure that if they really are working on this magic matchmaking patch then they are using about 20 percent of their developer resources right now. Or they all could be taking rotating vacations at this time.

Theres won't be another Modern Warfare.  As it is, they've lost a good comminty manager, but they're run by a money hungry company.

what good community manager would that be? Although I agree, i believe IW's next game will have a new title.

starbuckfrack

Paddi wrote:

Theres won't be another Modern Warfare.  As it is, they've lost a good comminty manager, but they're run by a money hungry company.

Aaand you read this during the stockholder meeting at IW or is that just an opinion because you dislike the game ?

Because Robert Bowling left they are going to be shut down ? Dont think so. People in all levels of management leave and the company still grows. Look at when Bill Gates dropped out. Sales still kept getting higher for Microsoft.

dont know if you were paying attention two yeas ago with MW2 they stopped ALL support on MW2 during the fiasco with the IW "manangement".

They patched nothing after the first three months and did not patch it at all until 7 months before MW3 was released. The game was unsupported for at least a year and a half. thats a year and a half of the rock glitch, the elevator glitch, the care package glitch, yadayada. That game was a disater compared to how this one is. so what you got some lag in the gme when you stab aomeone. well guess what BF3 now has it too.

And if you are thinking they are a money hungry company, you are right. They have always been money hungry.

They were money hungry when the stole the "ex-managers bonuses" they were money hungry when they dropped support for MW2.

Nothing will stop them from re-making this game over and over until the game no longer sells. and as you may have noticed the pre-orders for the next COD game were about 30 percent higher than the pre-orders for the last COD title.

I honestly gelieve the Guitar Hero title was dropped due to money hungery Activision not wanting to pay the money hungry artists their percentage they wanted.

You may not want to buy the next two or three COD titles but after this broken game came out it 30 percent more people than last year will.

Only way their will not be another Modern Warfare is if they decide to do another flavor of COD. Considering the next Xbox is right around the corner they will be making many more CODs for the next four or five years.

wikked75

is there gonna be boosters... sure, boosters will boost. do i care... only if it effects my gameplay in anyway. should they get banned? sure. if they are caught, ban them. those are the rules, ya know. like em or leave em.

what do i think of the game mode... why not. i'll try it, and if i like it, i'll play it. if i don't, i won't.

i do wish those tiny maps were available for regular tdm, though.  something tiny and full of carnage ala rust, shipment, and nuketown sounds sort of fun after playing liberation and sanctuary all weekend.

chowpup

And so again...IW shows they have no knowledge about their own game and his problems...

maccabi

boosting in face off is a given, doubly so as they are going to up the prestiges again.