4 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 9:59 PM by vileself RSS

Black Ops 2 Melee Mechanics

vileself

Apparently some recent tweets by Treyarch devs hinted at a new knifing mechanic for Black Ops 2.

Here is my ideal knifing/melee scenario for Black Ops 2. You do not have a knife by default, instead the knife should be unlocked in the equipment slot. Once equipped it can be melee'd or shot for a ONE hit kill (ballistic blade). If you do not have the knife equipped then your default melee attack is the butt end of your gun and that requires TWO hits to kill and has a very short range. The Bayonette should return and also be in the equipment slot. The Bayonette will increase your melee range plus make it a ONE hit kill, while the knife will have a shorter range yet the ability to throw and retrieve the blade.

So there are three forms of melee. The butt of the gun which has a very minimal range and is a 2 hit kill. The Ballistic Knife which has the same range as the gun but is only a 1 hit kill and the blade an be shot and retrieved. The Bayonette which increases the range of the melee attack and is a 1 hit kill.

Also if the Riot/Assault Shield is to be making an appearance in Black Ops 2 I say it should start off as a 2 hit kill but it should come with a Damage proficiency that makes it a 1 hit kill.

What do you think of my ideas? Whats your input on the melee mechanics for Black Ops 2? Discuss!

• Re: Black Ops 2 Melee Mechanics
    vileself

No one cares about a new knifing mechanic in Black Ops 2?

iCarlyPro

Sounds great to me, man! I really hate panic kniving, so they should remove it altogether or at least nerf it. 

I dont think we will see the bayonet coming back considering mulitplayer will be taking place in the future. I do like the rest of your ideas but would like to see something new compared to the ballistic knife. Maybe some kind of wrist blade equip since we will be running around with high tech wrist guards or something interesting like being able to buy different types of knives when you level up. Start off with a weak knife and earn the chance to get a bigger knife or shaper knife, cant help but think of the knives you could buy from the walls in the zombie games. Theres plenty of room for speculation, would love to see something new in this area.