42 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 9:59 PM by esmorgue RSS

PS3 Version of Black Ops 2

We should start telling Treyarch now on twitter to not make a crappy port of the PS3 version of BO2, we should ask them nicely so they don't get all b*tchy and not reply to us. As CoD fans and more importantly as paying customers we deserve a game that isn't broken...personally I suggest not getting it at day 1 because we all know that CoD games have had a tendency of releasing broken on PS3 and PC. What do you guys think?

• Re: PS3 Version of Black Ops 2

that there is a contract that activision has with microsoft because the ps3 is capable of making it better has been proven

What's broken on the PS3 that isn't on the xbox?

*Palm is currently smothering face*

well i aint never had a problem never had to worry about long lines i go to wallmart  and the games always worked for me

As long as I get the smae gameplay, same guns, same killstreaks, same story. I could care less about what PS3 versions differ from Xbox version. If I can handle the game, I paid for what I wanted.

not truue

esmorgue

Anyone that says "their" version of Black Ops was fine is a complete _____. It was a bad port. It had its major problems and was posted about by credible sources within. Videos of showing the map change colors is proof of a bad port. The development team for PS3 being reprimanded is proof. Hush with "mine was fine", evidently you know nothing of quality and are a fanboy who will not be shown a ounce of attention by Treyarch!

That Is All.....

LP_UND34D_47

considering the contract with Microsoft is up and may not be renewed, the attention should shift away from the XBox.  Who knows what 3arc will actually do, but it seems like the ps3 might even be making acontract with call of duty to get the elite service through psVista.  I don't know if that is for sure or not, but it would certainly be cool if the ps3 version isn't a crappy port

IcyRapture

PS3 has been on a 'roll'. It is becoming more popular than the Xbox 360 every day, there's almost 3x many as sold, and even more people on Call of Duty on PS3 (compared people online on both consoles.)

The more the game is hyped for PS3 the more likely it'll be they will make it better. There are very famous YouTubers that also advertise for PS3 gaming, Whiteboy7thst, Onlyusemeblade, etc.

They are both extremely famous and are some of the reasons why PS3 is starting to become extremely popular for games like Call of Duty.

Don't forget the contract for map packs ended this year, so we SHOULD all be getting the maps at the same time, as far as I know they did not renew, this is sort of the breaking point of Xbox 360, now all consoles will be tied for once, so yeah, the more hype there is and the more people that play on PS3 the better they'll make it to make players happy.

avengedyesterday

Problem is, coding on the xbox is just easier. They have always designed and coded it on the xbox first then ported it over, i don't see that changing. It's a little late to be asking for it now anyways.

esmorgue

The only way I can honestly see a change acoming is if both new gen console are near the same in HD space, both HD resolution upon release. As it stands, releasing a game for 1080p for one console and upscale from SD on another is keeping the port partially in tact.

avengedyesterday

esmorgue wrote:

The only way I can honestly see a change acoming is if both new gen console are near the same in HD space, both HD resolution upon release. As it stands, releasing a game for 1080p for one console and upscale from SD on another is keeping the port partially in tact.

Hopefully sony will go with a GPU that is easier to program for. Pretty much every article i have read in terms of developing for both xbox and ps3 they have always said the ps3 is just a pain in the ass to build for. Now when the time is spent to do it correctly the final product is amazing.

Hopefully 3arc learned from blackops and will putting more time in effort in making sure the ps3 version is atleast a mirror image of the xbox version.

esmorgue

avengedyesterday wrote:

esmorgue wrote:

Hopefully sony will go with a GPU that is easier to program for. Pretty much every article i have read in terms of developing for both xbox and ps3 they have always said the ps3 is just a pain in the ass to build for. Now when the time is spent to do it correctly the final product is amazing.

Hopefully 3arc learned from blackops and will putting more time in effort in making sure the ps3 version is atleast a mirror image of the xbox version.

I have read things similar also. I have more hopes this year in a way because with the limited staff that IW had, they put out basically the same version with MW3 on both consoles. I have both. Just some audio is different, which I believe is due to console audio setups.

avengedyesterday

esmorgue wrote:

avengedyesterday wrote:

esmorgue wrote:

I have read things similar also. I have more hopes this year in a way because with the limited staff that IW had, they put out basically the same version with MW3 on both consoles. I have both. Just some audio is different, which I believe is due to console audio setups.

Ps3 has some serious framerate issues in MW3 which was really the only major problem between the two, but that was pretty much the same problem blackops had on the ps3 model.

Black Ops on PS3 was a joke - the fact the "PS3 Lead" was fired should tell you something. At least this year we won't have a weasel-faced Xbot masquerading as a CM smugly telling us "It's not a port!".

esmorgue

I remember a remark along those lines.

im not pre ordering intill i see PS3 footage of multiplayer which is smooth with no framerate issuses if the game is smooth and has an install option i will pre order but intill i see these im not nuying. i suppose i can go without install option i just want it to be smooth because i enjoyed black ops i ended up getting it on xbox though. i prefer the PS3 pad for shooters so treyarch its down to u. Black ops was shambles on PS3 and i suppose they probs gonna do same thing because they know people will still buy it

yeah lets only hope that ops 2 isnt like the first ops because if it is were in for many many months of trying/not being able to play it.  I remember when it came out for ps3 and it seemed like tons were complaining including myself about it.  I got so tired of it I got rid of my ps3 copy and wert and got the 360 version and I believe ya microsoft is favored by them and its not right but howeve I did pre order  b ops 2.  all we can do is wait and see what happens just cross your fingers I guess.

esmorgue

It was a bad running game period. Xbox has some of the same problems we did. Not as many, yet uncalled for nonetheless.

Heh. Dan Amrich and myself had a conversation about this on Twitter a while ago. It is an objective proven fact that Black Ops on PS3 is inferior to the Xbox version, and he responded by trying to make it a subjective issue. "If the game is fun, these technical problems don't matter".

To a point, yes that's true. However, this doesn't excuse the 3rd rate job Treyarch (or whoever it was responsible for the port) did with the other platforms. Moreover, if these technical problems are so unimportant, then why didn't the Xbox version also look and run like ass? World at War was produced with less resources and probably less time but displayed excellent build parity.

My theory? Treyarch got carried away and forgot they had to produce a multiplatform game.

"Umm... it's 11 days before release and we've just found out the dual account login won't work on the PS3 port... what do we do?"

"Nothing. Have Olin update his PS Blog post about it, we don't have time to fix it - we gotta push the Xbox first, the rest is a bonus."

That's all folks, goodnight and drive safely.

esmorgue

theextractor wrote:

Heh. Dan Amrich and myself had a conversation about this on Twitter a while ago. It is an objective proven fact that Black Ops on PS3 is inferior to the Xbox version, and he responded by trying to make it a subjective issue. "If the game is fun, these technical problems don't matter".

To a point, yes that's true. However, this doesn't excuse the 3rd rate job Treyarch (or whoever it was responsible for the port) did with the other platforms. Moreover, if these technical problems are so unimportant, then why didn't the Xbox version also look and run like ass? World at War was produced with less resources and probably less time but displayed excellent build parity.

My theory? Treyarch got carried away and forgot they had to produce a multiplatform game.

"Umm... it's 11 days before release and we've just found out the dual account login won't work on the PS3 port... what do we do?"

"Nothing. Have Olin update his PS Blog post about it, we don't have time to fix it - we gotta push the Xbox first, the rest is a bonus."

That's all folks, goodnight and drive safely.

HA HA! Amrich is good for covering up for ATVI. Some that are affiliated with them will just not even answer, or play dumb. Which I respect more because, Hey they have to have a job.

Moon Head 92

Honestly with Last of us and other games coming out this year, i'll wait a week and see what other PS3 gamers have to say about Black ops 2, as Black ops was a scam on PS3.

It's funny as whenever i go into gamestation now, the guys who work there are constantly trying to get me to pre-order black ops 2 as i'll get these "great" deals, no thanks i'd rather not buy into the hype and buy a terrible port again.

People hate on IW, but with the entire modern warfare i have never felt we got a "crappy port".

esmorgue

Moon Head 92 wrote:

Honestly with Last of us and other games coming out this year, i'll wait a week and see what other PS3 gamers have to say about Black ops 2, as Black ops was a scam on PS3.

It's funny as whenever i go into gamestation now, the guys who work there are constantly trying to get me to pre-order black ops 2 as i'll get these "great" deals, no thanks i'd rather not buy into the hype and buy a terrible port again.

People hate on IW, but with the entire modern warfare i have never felt we got a "crappy port".

True. I remember when Black Ops came out and was out for about 4-5 months, Gamestop was already only giving like 18 bucks for the game. They tried to give me the Xbox version when I cam in release night when my reserve said PS3. The store manager told me that night that if I had any problems to bring it right back. He also signed HIS name to the receipt.

Black Ops is the only COD I've traded in thusfar - I decided to cut my losses and use it towards GT5.

Aside from the FPS and resolution issues, the game just felt... wrong. It gave me headaches if I played more than 30 minutes, something no other game has done up to this point. After seeing Xbox gameplay on YT which looked sharper and ran smoother than my PS3 copy on my Panasonic HDTV, I was like "**** this" haha.

esmorgue

GoD of War Ascension will be out, Resident Evil 6 will be out, GRFS will be out <----this will be our first look at the quad-rotors. I am also having a feeling that this game may have a hint of Mass Effect 3 in it......